User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 May 2003, 17:42   #1
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Another Eurovision Song Contest Thread

And this tactical voting.

How exactly does this work?

Does Bosnia-Herzegovina or someplace giving Turkey twelve points really influence the Turkish government in their favour?

I can't imagine Turkey saying, "Oh, Bosnia-Herzegovina gave us twelve points in the last Eurovision, let's send them government aid"
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 18:11   #2
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Another Eurovision Song Contest Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
And this tactical voting.

How exactly does this work?

Does Bosnia-Herzegovina or someplace giving Turkey twelve points really influence the Turkish government in their favour?

I can't imagine Turkey saying, "Oh, Bosnia-Herzegovina gave us twelve points in the last Eurovision, let's send them government aid"
I don't think the voting is that political, it's just people of similar identify tend to vote for each other.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 18:29   #3
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
isnt that 'tactical voting' more about 'theyll vote for us and well vote for them'?
i mean, noone gives a damn about that competition, at least 95% of the songs suck anyway.
Unread 26 May 2003, 19:27   #4
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
isnt that 'tactical voting' more about 'theyll vote for us and well vote for them'?
i mean, noone gives a damn about that competition, at least 95% of the songs suck anyway.
Yeah but that logic doesnt work as they dont know you've voted for them until the voting is closed?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 19:58   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Back in the day when it used to be decided by a panel of judges it was all political. Bosnia would give Serbia 12 points, and vice versa, plus some others that I can't remember right now.

Now all that happens is people vote for their country of origin (why Germany always gives Turkey high points), which is pretty boring, the old sham was better.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:11   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it confuses me. Germany austria, belgium holland etc all vote high for each other

If scotland and england were seperate entires, no way would would the majority of either nation vote for the other

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:14   #7
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If it worked on 'liking' other countries, in reality, Britain would give EVERYONE fk all, as we despise everyone, with good reason.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:26   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
it confuses me. Germany austria, belgium holland etc all vote high for each other

If scotland and england were seperate entires, no way would would the majority of either nation vote for the other
I've heard that a lot of Dutch people who live on the border with Germany cross the border on voting night in order to be able to vote for Holland. Come to think of it though I can't imagine anybody actually bothering to do that.

England and Scotland would give each other a lot of points, simply because there are so many English people in Scotland, and Scottish people in England.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 23:30   #9
Chrism
Governor General

Chrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the roughChrism is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat
If it worked on 'liking' other countries, in reality, Britain would give EVERYONE fk all, as we despise everyone, with good reason.
And pretty much everyone despises us, so we must be doing something right.
Unread 27 May 2003, 01:04   #10
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
The eurovision voting is symptomous of the politics, that's all.

Kinda funny how Russia got boohed by the audience, yett they gave them a 12