User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Apr 2003, 22:57   #1
Dookie Velvet
Banned

Dookie Velvet is an unknown quantity at this point
Grand Theft Auto III

There's something wrong with it.

The graphics refuse to work properly.

Like the traffic lights. You can't see the colour they're at.

Sometimes they come back on, but only for a short time.

And since I like driving normally to add realism to the game, this bothers me.

The same problem happens with headlights, rain (which you can only see if you look at the sky) and fire (so that I have to listen carefully for the crackling if my vehicle starts burning up and I want to get out alive).

It happens at other times too, but I can't remember at the moment.

I downloaded a patch for the game some time ago which apparently "fixed some graphical errors" but it didn't help, but I don't know... maybe there's a new one out?

Help, please, thanks.
Dookie Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:11   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hint:

Wait for Vice City.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:13   #3
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
What gfx card you got?

O/S?

Drivers?

Direct X?
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:21   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
GTAIII is buggy as ****.

Fact.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:29   #5
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
GTAIII is buggy as ****.

Fact.
This man is correct.

The coders should be hung, drawn and quartered with their heads set on London Bridge.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:32   #6
Dookie Velvet
Banned

So your advice is to give up?
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 23:34   #7
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dookie Velvet
So your advice is to give up?
They patched it at some point but it helped exactly '**** all'. It was a rush job porting it, and the ****ed it up.

Christ, there's times where you just fall straight through the world, or when a mission never ends, or when the roads disappear, or when cars accelerate to 10 times their normal speed and twat into the side of you... etc

**** it. Go play Deus Ex again and wait for Vice City.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 10:55   #8
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
buy a ps2 and play it on that.

Play Vice City actually, and pretend you're Don Johnson with a better singing voice.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:33   #9
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Despite my pretty good computer it lags whenever I get out of or into a car.

Fantastic idea putting the audio on the play cd.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:34   #10
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
Despite my pretty good computer it lags whenever I get out of or into a car.

Fantastic idea putting the audio on the play cd.
Full-Install.

Profit.
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 11:52   #11
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
FACT

the pc version of gta3 still has tons on code left in it from the ps2 version,

also its still got the code left in if from there half arsed attempt to make it playable online

no wonder its buggered
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 13:55   #12
Dookie Velvet
Banned

giveusatank + gunsgunsguns + itsallgoingmaaad + nastylimbscheat + weaponsforall = greatest game ever
Unread 4 May 2003, 14:09   #13
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
It always ran perfectly on my pc
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2003, 14:10   #14
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
I've never had any noticeable problems with GTA 3. It's a good game, and I like driving round in Mafia cars on that classical radio thing twatting pedestrians
Unread 4 May 2003, 14:41   #15
Dookie Velvet
Banned

OK... an example...

You know at the start of the game, it shows a burning car right before the camera angle changes to a view of your guy and 8-Ball, where he tells you, "I know a place on the edge of the red light district where we can lay low, but my hands are all messed up, so you better drive, brother"? Well the flames from that car are only visible against the night sky.

And that's pretty much the same problem with the everything else in the game (rain, headlights, traffic lights etc...)