User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Jul 2003, 02:53   #1
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
The Facist Council

With all the new rules it seems as "The Council" have become more of a facist regime. Silently each round giving us new rules. Things we'll accept one by one, until it is to late, and the system got us.. Max count of roids... not being able to attack the people we want.. only being able to scan sertain people etc.. loads of restrictions.

What u guys think? Round 4 there was no such Council... none of thoose evil rules. Of course the rules was made to stop lawbreakers and cheaters, but with the new changes they are increasingly trying to control everything and everyone. Specially with the new alliance thing they put into the game. With this they will gain full control over the players.

In the end, how much are we able to decide ourself in this game in the following rounds?
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 02:58   #2
Dreadnought

They are utter twats
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 04:07   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: The Facist Council

Quote:
Originally posted by Storebo
In the end, how much are we able to decide ourself in this game in the following rounds?
I think you are confused about your role here.

Here's how it works:

Game Designers get to decide the rules of the game.
Game Players get to decide whether or not they want to play.

It's just that simple.

If you don't like the game then don't play it, and/or design your own game (although you probably have more input into PA than most other games you play, not to mention other forms of entertainment such as movies, tv shows, books, music, etc).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 04:19   #4
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: The Facist Council

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus

Here's how it works:

It's just that simple.

If you don't like the game then don't play it, and/or design your own game (although you probably have more input into PA than most other games you play, not to mention other forms of entertainment such as movies, tv shows, books, music, etc).
Still it was not how it was at start... as with most facist goverments.. it just suddenly evolves around u. Suddenly u are on a whole different playing field then what u started on.
[1up]
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 04:48   #5
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Here's how it works:

It's just that simple.

The point is the game designers want to make it that people want to play, looking at the new rules, and general reaction from most....do you expect many to play? i am starting to doubt i will.

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 05:23   #6
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
It's entirely your choice if you play the game or not.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 05:38   #7
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Eylisia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
Stating the blatantly obvious is so helpful hobbie :/

I think Stores point is that Pa used to have the feel of a game that was "for the players, by the players"
And thats lost.

Eylisia

A Prayer for the Wild at Heart kept in Cages

Last edited by Eylisia; 17 Jul 2003 at 05:45.
Eylisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 05:41   #8
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
I could swear you had a sense of humor.

To be honest, I'm not a great fan of the galactic council. But if you really want to get rid of it, this isn't the way to do it.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 05:42   #9
McIvan
BlueTuba

McIvan is an unknown quantity at this point
That "your choice" response misses the point. Let's say you're an avid sports fan and play the sport yourself. You don't own the game, you just participate and pay your subscription fees.

The sport's ruling body makes radical changes that completely alter the nature of the game. There is a fan and player revolt.

It's not really an answer to say to them that they don't have to play, or watch the game. They WANT to play/spectate, and through years of participation have a considerable emotional investment in the game which arguably gives them some rights.

I suppose you could dismiss that as airy fairy; non-commercial and naive. But I don't think it invalidates the players/spectators right to criticise and ask for change, or for changes not to be implemented, nor does it invalidate feelings of disenfranchisement when the rules of a game nudge up against territory previously controlled by the players.

None of this means I necessarily agree :)

McIvan
McIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 07:14   #10
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by tacite
I think Stores point is that Pa used to have the feel of a game that was "for the players, by the players"
And thats lost.
Obviously the 'players' couldn't handle that amount of freedom so they took advantage of it and abused every gap in the rules where possible. Creators are just plugging up those holes.

hAl
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 07:34   #11
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think any of these rules will be set next round. Attacking a small player will be unattractive, i expect, but not prohibited. So will getting too many roids.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 08:15   #12
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: The Facist Council

Quote:
Still it was not how it was at start... as with most facist goverments.. it just suddenly evolves around u. Suddenly u are on a whole different playing field then what u started on.
That can be true for any kind of rule - democracy, monarchy, communism, marxism, autocracy, gerontocracy, oligarchy, capitalism (not a form of rule, more a state of affairs), etc.
Most things evolve - that is usually considered a good thing. Any kind of rule is fascist if they make decisions you don't like?
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 08:24   #13
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by McIvan
It's not really an answer to say to them that they don't have to play, or watch the game. They WANT to play/spectate, and through years of participation have a considerable emotional investment in the game which arguably gives them some rights.
There is plenty of evolution in sports. Branching out - with more than one ruling body; rugby, boxing, wrestling, probably loads more I don't know about (not a big sports fan). Those must have come about either because there were to different sets of rules to start with, for global-political reasons or because a group of people did not like the way the old body was taking the sport (I would not hazard a guess - never studied sport history).
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 09:08   #14
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
re: having too many roids, surely this isnt a big deal to most players as it will only affect the top 10/20 planets, and I know it wont be me there.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 09:24   #15
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
it's kinda old news this is gonna cost em players... and council is prolly just some stuck up twats wanting to be important:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 09:29   #16
Bootlord
Baldy

Bootlord is an unknown quantity at this point
ah well there's loads of clones. play those if you dont like changes...
R4 293:20:2 Rzarector of the 6th Circle [Defcon]
R5 23:13:14 Ephemeron of The unbreakable [Wrath][Defcon]
R6 Cba of pa when i need to graduate [RL]
R7 27:16:25 The addiction and satisfaction of hearing you screaming for mercy [Titans][Defcon]
R8 41:7:3 The storyteller of the last Saga [Titans][Plush][Defcon]
R9 Cba of playing pa [RL]
R9,5 36:5:24 It's just one of Those days [LDK][Kamikaze]
Bootlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 10:52   #17
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wait until they tell you to build the turret construction in round 10, after Spinner has removed the pds, THEN you can start complaining.

As for in-galaxy attacks being prohibited, the 20% min size to attack and so on, I have mixed feelings. Both were introduced to make farming/bashing harder, but I think that adjusting the cap formula to encourage attacking bigger planets would have been a far better option.
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 10:58   #18
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
I think one or two people are getting confused in this thread to exactly what the 'council' is.

And as for the example about having too many roids, that has always been a problem in PA, as the more you have the better target you are and so the more incoming you get, plus the more amps you need.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 11:15   #19
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by tacite
Stating the blatantly obvious is so helpful hobbie :/

And thats lost.
It's still entirely your choice if you play the game or not.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 11:49   #20
MikeHunt

they stopped caring about their players along time ago.
their focus is 110% on making money, 0% on the people who play it.

Their goal is to get fresh players every round, make them signup and pay, if they dont like it after that, why should they care.
The money will then be in their pocket,and more idiots will come the next round and take their place.

The onlything they are forgetting,is that planetarion isnt that good anymore,no matter what changes you got.
"kicking out" many of their current players,and hoping that tons of new ones will come.
they are living a dream,and when they all get kicked out in 1-3 rounds from their homes,their posessions are collected by the people they ow money, they will snap out of their fantasy world,and see me sitting on the bench across the house eating popcorn,laughin out aloud.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 12:42   #21
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
can't we wait with the rantings until all details about r10 are public, it's not like anyone cares about the players' input anyway...
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 13:31   #22
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
re: having too many roids, surely this isnt a big deal to most players as it will only affect the top 10/20 planets, and I know it wont be me there.
I don't think this is necessarily true. For most people, attacking in PA is what keeps them active. Once 'stagnation' sets in, and attacking becomes unprofitable, people stop playing.

The purpose of the roid limitations seems to be something like this:

For every x roids, you need to have some kind of 'mining facility' to extract the resources from those roids. Any further roids you cap will not generate resources until you build another 'mining facility'. So, if you have a lucky attack one night, and cap 200 new roids, there will not be any point in getting roids for another day or two, until you have built your new mining facility to extract resources from the roids you've already got. This seems to be something that could affect all players, not just the top ones.

I could explain in very great detail exactly why this is a very bad thing, but I've been harping on about this since r6 and I can't really be bothered with repeating myself.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 13:55   #23
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

TeraHertz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Facist Council

Quote:
With all the new rules it seems as "The Council" have become more of a facist regime. Silently each round giving us new rules. Things we'll accept one by one, until it is to late, and the system got us.. Max count of roids... not being able to attack the people we want.. only being able to scan sertain people etc.. loads of restrictions.

What u guys think? Round 4 there was no such Council... none of thoose evil rules. Of course the rules was made to stop lawbreakers and cheaters, but with the new changes they are increasingly trying to control everything and everyone. Specially with the new alliance thing they put into the game. With this they will gain full control over the players.

Personaly, I wanted the "council" to have a set of coords for e to attack. Me, a nice peaceful guy being ORDERED to attack people, and partake in espionage. Screw the council. DIE!
TeraHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:09   #24
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG! The game I played and get used to changes! The world changes! Everything changes!

Hey - things keep changing - that's the only constant factor in the world. You can't expect PA nowadays just being like in "the good ole days". Circumstances changes, game was sold to Jolt, Spinner wore a dress. Tomorrow will never be like today. Face it. It makes me sad that all the young ppl here are so afraid of changes, always mock about everything and talk about the golden times...

But at least there is a spark of light in this sinister times. In total difference to your real life, there is one thing you all should keep in mind:
Quote:
It's still entirely your choice if you play the game or not.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:10   #25
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob

For every x roids, you need to have some kind of 'mining facility' to extract the resources from those roids. Any further roids you cap will not generate resources until you build another 'mining facility'. So, if you have a lucky attack one night, and cap 200 new roids, there will not be any point in getting roids for another day or two, until you have built your new mining facility to extract resources from the roids you've already got. This seems to be something that could affect all players, not just the top ones.
The same thing goes for ships, which means that wars will never be won decisively, thus after 8 weeks most of the command staff of alliances will be burnt out,

and just about everyone else will be bored of the same old, same old,

the only thing worse than stagnation, is a war you can never win due to game dynamics.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:25   #26
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
Obviously the 'players' couldn't handle that amount of freedom so they took advantage of it and abused every gap in the rules where possible. Creators are just plugging up those holes.

hAl
The cheaters allways finds new ways to cheat. So the restrictions punish the honest guys mostly.
[1up]
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:27   #27
Storebo
Adelante

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Facist Council

Quote:
Originally posted by zenopus
That can be true for any kind of rule - democracy, monarchy, communism, marxism, autocracy, gerontocracy, oligarchy, capitalism (not a form of rule, more a state of affairs), etc.
Most things evolve - that is usually considered a good thing. Any kind of rule is fascist if they make decisions you don't like?
Nah.. u have to see what rules and restrictions they give u. Say they sensur all the media perhaps? Now that would be a facist thing. All the changes makes it easier for pa to control it's members.
[1up]
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:29   #28
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally posted by Bootlord
ah well there's loads of clones. play those if you dont like changes...
nah... they are ugly... Don't like em =) Is like renting a video u wanted to see... but the tape is all messed up and all the good scenes u can barely see. It is not the same =)
[1up]
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 15:34   #29
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
The same thing goes for ships, which means that wars will never be won decisively, thus after 8 weeks most of the command staff of alliances will be burnt out,

and just about everyone else will be bored of the same old, same old,

the only thing worse than stagnation, is a war you can never win due to game dynamics.
Seems they try to kill the big alliances cause they are killing the game. But they are also the last thing keeping players here. The alliance wars... the community.. next rounds revenge etc..
[1up]
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 16:14   #30
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Good point Rob, I wasnt sure how it was meant. I thought Spinner meant something different to that, but didnt have a clue what. fair point.
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 17:35   #31
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
i like it.

and hobbie was right btw. if changes are made there's not much you can do against it. you can play the game as it is, or you can quit. it is just that simple.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jul 2003, 22:49   #32
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold
I almost hate myself for posting this, but I will anyway

When I read the topic title "The Facist Council" and saw that it had twenty replies, I clicked the link wondering how many posts were made before some smartarse pointed out the obvious error.

On reading no such posts, I just couldn't resist

a fascist council would be the dictatorial regime the author intended to describe

I'd imagine a facist would be someone who really didn't like faces

[/pedantry]
Quetzovercoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 00:03   #33
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road
agreeing with storebo
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 05:17   #34
Monkehpimp
'Useless'

Monkehpimp is an unknown quantity at this point
round 4, without the restrictions was still the wankest of the earlier rounds.
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 05:29   #35
Eylisia
Aes Elysium

Eylisia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by KoeN
i like it.

and hobbie was right btw. if changes are made there's not much you can do against it. you can play the game as it is, or you can quit. it is just that simple.

Point ofc being that NOONE has contested that..
Those of us that are playing r9/r9.5
dont automagically go on playing r10 tho,
so this is part of finding out whether one will play or not.

Thats why stating the blatantly obvious,
(or pointing out ppls spelling errors),is so neither here nor there.
Its like ppl talking just to hear their own voice.
Rather annoying really.

Eyl

A Prayer for the Wild at Heart kept in Cages
Eylisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 06:02   #36
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkehpimp
round 4, without the restrictions was still the wankest of the earlier rounds.
Round 4 was still far more fun than any round that has come after it.

Still, the 10% cap is still a pet hate of mine .
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 08:21   #37
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
I seem to remeber in r2/3 ? these boards alive with plp screaming that ni-gal attacks should be banned, and that they should limit the size you can attack.

The creators listened then.

And the council tasks we are set, only really follow the 72 tick plan to some extents, and helps the new players learn the game rather quickly, with the added bonus of being able to gte a few roids/resources, into the universe for us to cap.

I like the council, it helps newer players and older players alike, with sensible tasks set for us.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 09:11   #38
Al_zz
ensign forever

Al_zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Round 4 was still far more fun than any round that has come after it.

Still, the 10% cap is still a pet hate of mine .
Round 4 was the worst round I have played in. The gameplay sucked, the stat sucked, the rules changes sucked (even to mid round changes extent) half the universe was filled with multies. I found round 9 virtually unplayable because of the massive powerblock but round 4 was about as bad as that. Any other round is better than those two.

hAl
Al_zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 01:27   #39
Storebo
Adelante

Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz
Round 4 was the worst round I have played in. The gameplay sucked, the stat sucked, the rules changes sucked (even to mid round changes extent) half the universe was filled with multies. I found round 9 virtually unplayable because of the massive powerblock but round 4 was about as bad as that. Any other round is better than those two.

hAl
dunno...i liked that round. The universe was fresh. The blocks was small.. And it lasted long. Also there was no rules. And ofcourse that round saw multies like that top1 guy who ran his whole gal with 2 other guys etc.. But he got deleted and stuff. And probably there where lots of guys not detected. I know that I only made 1 account that round, even though everyone says everyone made more then 1. Only round I've never lost a roid in also :P
[1up]
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 02:08   #40
Som1

Som1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Al_zz

hAl
I can't believe how anything that breath on this planet cannot consider r5 as the worst round ever.

Democracy means to elect it's dictator, it's the game of democracy, all leaders does the same ****, there's no more freedom in a democracy
Som1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 03:04   #41
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Som1
I can't believe how anything that breath on this planet cannot consider r5 as the worst round ever.
R5 was a 'nothing' round. It was just really dull... it wasn't horribly bad, just very boring, both in terms of gameplay and politics.

Ofc, that's just my personal opinion, other people's opinions may differ
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 04:12   #42
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Som1
He was in my parallel, and we weren't very nice to him.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 18:33   #43
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
This is a very common, and quite rediculous argument in any discussion. Everyone knows that they can quit if they don't like it, and that is not the point. The point is that many of us loved pa the way it was and for each round that has passed since r3-4 we have liked it less and less. (And the player base gets smaller and smaller) We could quit, like so many have allready, but being the loyal players that we are, we would rather try to influence the game to be something we love again.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 2003, 23:42   #44
Eestlane

Eestlane is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Facist Council

Quote:

that's what George W Bush is doing...
Eestlane is offline   Reply With Quote