Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:41   #1
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Shraan Commanders: Saxolite Civil War

Prologue

To those that have played before in Shraan: Saxolite Civil War, you will know which era in the history of Shraan this is before they became one united force than split up into the millions of Clans, Famalies and Houses. This era was during the age of Empress Pai Lai, when her goals were set on the complete domination of Shraan. But that part was played out in the RPG and no RPG was set about what happened within Saxolite Civil War, only after the unison and the Great Triad Defence was it really known.

This new Strategy RPG, Shraan Commanders, will allow players to play out the real battles that were behind the scenes, starting with this recent yet key part of Shraan History. The Saxolite Clans were many in number and differented in purpose, their trusts and friendships diminished after the rise and betrayal of the Besilon Empress, Pai Lai. After three years of her influence within the Clans, the unison of Geklon broke and shattered. Entire Clans spread out over the wastelands and began to form up, ready to take control over whatever they could get their hands on.

The Clans scrape and strive for the many Sectors of the Saxolite's Sectors. the once great Clans of the Saxolites have diminished, it is up to the smaller, lesser clans now to develop and control the lands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are one of the lesser clans that begin surviving on what they can after the Saxolite Divide. The Saxolite Civil War develops around you and you have only one choice: Fight and defeat all opposing Clans to become the largest Clan, and gaining the place as the Saxolite Leader during the Civil War and will be added to my stories (when I edit it for the 5th time).

This is a PM-Based Game. Every Turn within this RPG game lasts 2 days. Each Colony will have a report on the end of every 5 turns (10 days) that will say their status (such as how many trained civilians are within the city, how many miners are in the city, etc). This report will contain what is known the 'Colony Feeling' which will say what the colony feels you are like. The feelings are:

Militeristic - If there are a lot infantry, tanks and so forth defending the colony, it will make the colony feel militeristic. This can be a good sign and a bad sign. A good sign would be that Academies will double their production of trained civilians. A bad sign would be that civilian growth will be halved.
Industrial - If a lot of factories and mining structures are placed, the colony will have the feeling of industrialisation. This will increase factory and mining output by double, as well as currency income. However, it will also make Academies only produce 1 trained civilian per turn each, regardless of the academy.
Neutral - This means that the colony is at normal speed and efficiency, no pluses or gains. This will happen if the colony is at an equal mix between feelings. This is the default state of colonies for the first 10 turns that they are built.
Uncared For - This is when colonies are being attacked or have not seen any military presence in a while. This is the only feeling that can be made within the first ten turns of it's construction if being attacked by another player and the colony has a weak military presence. It is best to make sure no colony gets this feeling, as they have a 1/4 chance of full desertation to become a neutral sector, making you loose the sector and having to loose your military presence to the sector's new leadership.
Patriotic - This is the best colony feeling there can be. This will be caused when most of the colony is either full or half the colony containing academies and/or governmental buildings such as the Palace. A Patriotic colony will cause academy output, factory output and mining output to double.

Each Clan starts off with two sectors next to each other, one containing a small colony, the other a small base. A colony and a base can hold different things as well as being useful in their own right. For example, only a colony can hold factories, academies and mines, wheras only a base can hold hangers and defencive structures. Each player will start with 5000c to build up their base, army and their colony will have 100 people as well as 200metal to build buildings with the base or the colony without using their starting cash.

Each Sector can hold either a colony or a base, but cannot have both in the same sector. A Clan will loose if all their colonies are destroyed or taken over by either rogue clans or by another player. If an assault takes the colony below 25 people, then the colony is destroyed. If the colony is assaulted with no defending units, then it is taken over.

Each unit and building will look like this:

-Name-
Price
(Resources Needed)
Description

When building, you can either pay for buildings/vehicles and have them ready straight away, or you can build them using available metals you have mined or kept aside.

Clans are to be made with the following sheet:

Clan Name:
Clan Leader:
1st Colony Name:
1st Base Name:
Buildings For 1st Turn: (Please include where they will be built. It makes it easier for me to sort out)

Army Builds For 1st Turn: (As above, which colony/base they will be placed in)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Place your Clan Name and Leader here, so everyone knows whom is playing. All other details are to be placed into my PM. This is a secretive strategy RPG whereby no-one else knows your movements or activities (and at that count, your location).
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:41   #2
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Re: Shraan Commanders: Saxolite Civil War

Main Contructs

-Colony-
Small Colony
(100 metal and 50 people to build, takes two turns to build)
A small colony can hold up to 250 people and cannot go below 25 people. Small colonies have 10 structure slots for buildings.

Medium Colony
(250 metal and 125 people to build, takes three turns to build)
A medium colony can hold up to 500 people and cannot go below 50 people. Medium colonies have 20 structure slots for buildings.

Large Colony
(500 metal and 250 people to build, takes four turns to build)
A large colony can hold up to 1000 people and cannot go below 100 people. Large colonies have 40 structure slots for buildings

-Base-
Small Base
(150 metal and 25 people to build, takes one turn to build)
A small base has 5 structure slots for buildings and can have up to 1 HQ Structure

Medium Base
(250 metal and 35 people to build, takes two turns to build)
A medium base has 10 structure slots for buildings and can have up to 2 HQ Structures

Large Base
(500 metal and 50 people to build, takes three turns to build)
A large base has 20 strcture slots for buildings and can have up to 3 HQ Structures
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:42   #3
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-=Structure Slots=-
-Colony Only-

Academy
500c
1 Structre Slot
(50 metal to build)
The Academy is used to train up civilians in order for them to enter better squads, such as the Sniper Squad, or to be used in certain vehicles, such as the Titan Tank. Academies can train 5 people per turn. Takes 1 turn to build.

Advanced Academy
1250c
2 Structure Slots
(150 metal to build)
The Advanced Academy is like the smaller Academy, but can train 10 people per turn. Perfect to quickly build up an army in a newby base. Takes 2 turns to build.

Psychic Academy
Produce Only
4 Structure Slots
(500 metal to build)
The Psychic Academy is where psychics within the community can train ready for placing into squads or specially-made vehicles. Note that the community must have psychics to train them. Note also that psychics will be rare to find within a colony. Takes 2 turns to build. Only one Psychic Academy can be built within a colony.

Mine
200c
1 Structure Slot
(100 metal to build)
Mines are the key to building up colonies, bases and even armies. Mines produce 25 metal per turn each ready construction of different uses. Takes 1 turn to build.

Advanced Mine
500c
3 Structure Slots
(250 metal to build)
Advanced Mines are bigger, better versions of a normal Mine and can produce 100 metal per turn each. Takes 2 turns to build.

Weapons Factory
300c
1 Structure Slot
(200 metal to build)
Weapon Factories produce weapons for both vehicles and infantry. Weapons take 10 metal each to build and the factory can produce the maximum of 5 weapons per turn. Takes 1 turn to build.

Armour Factory
300c
1 Structure Slot
(200 metal to build)
Armour Factories are the key to building armoured infantry and vehicles. Armour takes 10 metal each to build and the factory can produce the maximum of 5 armour per turn. Takes 1 turn to build.

Suppliment Factory
300c
1 Structure Slot
(200 metal to build)
These factories construct medical supplies and technical supplies for medics and engineers. Both supplies take 2 metal to produce, with the maximum of 5 medical supplies and technical supplies each. Takes 1 turn to build.

Basic Vehicle Factory
500c
1 Structure Slot
(300 metal to build)
The factories are used to produce vehicles for combat. This must be built within a colony to produce vehicles. Takes 1 turn to build.

Advanced Vehicle Factory
1000c
3 Structure Slots
(500 metal to build)
These factories are used to build larger, more advanced vehicles, such as the Titan Tank and Warskimmers. Takes 1 turn to build.

Small Material Warehouse
300c
1 Structure Slot
(200 metal to build)
These must be built if a mine resides within a colony. These hold up to 200 units of metal. Takes 1 turn to build.

Medium Material Warehouse
500c
2 Structure Slots
(300 metal to build)
These are larger material warehouses that can hold up to 500 units of metal. Takes 2 turns to build.

Large Material Warehouse
750c
3 Structure Slots
(450 metal to build)
These are the largest material warehouses that can hold up to 1000 units of metal. Takes 3 turns to build.

Small Produce Warehouse
100c
1 Structure Slot
(100 metal to build)
These must be built if a factory resides within the colony. These can hold up to 100 assorted units, such as weapons, armour, etc. Takes 1 turn to build.

Medium Produce Warehouse
250c
2 Structure Slots
(200 metal to build)
These are larger warehouses that can hold up to 250 assorted units, such as weapons, armour, etc. Takes 1 turn to build.

Large Produce Warehouse
350c
3 Structure Slots
(350 metal to build)
These are the largest warehouses that can hold up to 500 assorted units, such as weapons, armour, etc. Takes 2 turns to build.

Psychic Sensor Array
400c
1 Structure Slot
(500 metal to build)
A small and useful sensor array that detects psychics within the community, doubling the chances of finding psychics within the colony. Takes 1 turn to build.

Anti-Psychic Barrier
750c
3 Structure Slots
(800 metal to build)
These negate all psychic abilities, defence or offence, within the colony sector. This stops those annoying psychics and their machines from destroying your stationed defencives in the city, it also stops your own psychics from doing their jobs, knocking down to Light Infantry status and making any psychic machinary useless in combat. Takes 2 turns to build.

Clan Meeting Hall
400c
2 Structure Slot
(250 metal to build)
This is the smallest governmental building. Meeting Halls can increase your colony's chance of defending itself using spare weapons and armour within the warehouses during attacks, allowing the automatic creation of up to 10 light infantry squads for colony defence. Useful for when there is no or little military presance. Only one Meeting Hall can be built in a colony. Takes 2 turns to build.

Clan Government Central Hall
Produce Only
3 Structure Slot
(600 metal to build)
This is a medium-sized governemnt building. This building can't be built if a Palace is already built or being built in the colony. This building makes population growth double regardless of the current Colony Feeling. Only one Government Central Hall can be built per Clan. Takes 3 turns to build.

Clan Palace
Produce Only
5 Structure Slots
(1200 metal to build)
This is the largest government building. This building can't be built if a Government Central Hall is already built or being built in the colony. This building makes the feeling of the colony automatically a Patriotic Feeling, even when it is being attacked or about to be taken over. If a city is taken over by another Clan, the Palace is automatically destroyed. Only one Palace can be built per Clan. Takes 5 turns to build.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:43   #4
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-=Structure Slots=-
-Base Only-

Control Centre
200c
1 Structure Slot
(150 metal and 10 people to build)
A HQ Structure, the Command Centre is the most useful part of any base, allowing troops to be more efficient in or around the sector it is built. Takes 1 turn to build.

Command Bunker
400c
1 Structure Slot
(300 metal and 20 people to build)
A defended HQ structure, the Command Bunker is a defended control centre that can withstand heavy barrages from heavy weapons or artillery weapons. It also makes your troops more efficient like the Control Centre.

Sensor Array
300c
1 Structure Slot
(200 metal and 10 people to build)
A useful HQ structure that detects every sector around the sector it is placed. These sensors only detect when their is hostiles near the base and what Clan they are from, nothing more. Takes 1 turn to build.

Adv. Sensor Array
800c
3 Structure Slots
(700 metal and 20 people to build)
A HQ Structure, like the sensor array, these can detect everything in the sectors around the base. These sensors can tell you all about incoming hostiles, such as the amount of units, the type of units and their current status. Takes 2 turns to build.

Communications Centre
300c
1 Structure Slot
(300 metal and 10 people to build)
[i]This HQ Structure is almost vital for your base to run efficiently. The communications centre serves as not only your base's communication device, but also helps your entire Clan. This structure will increase units in the base's efficiency as well as slightly increasing deffencive units outside of any base or colony. Only 3 communication centres will work at any one time. Takes 1 turn to build.[/b]

Turret Control Centre
500c
1 Structure Slot
(500 metal and 10 people to build)
This HQ Structure is not required for turrets to be built, but it is best not to cast it aside. This structure makes turrets more accurate and more powerful. Takes 1 turn to build.

Dual-Minigun Turret
600c
1 Sturcture Slot
(300 metal, 5 people and 10 weapons to build)
This defencive turret is a very useful way to take out infantry invaders to the base. Takes 1 turn to build.

Artillery Cannon Turret
700c
1 Structure Slot
(400 metal, 10 people and 50 weapons to build)
This cannon is only useful to bombard nearby sectors if, for example, there is hostile movement or if you simply want to take out an opposition base nearby. This cannon is useless as a defence unless a Titan Tank or a Monolith Walker are attacking the base

Plasma Hurler
800c
1 Structure Slot
(400 metal, 10 trained people and 20 weapons to build)
This weapon hurls large plasma charges at large objects that it can aim at. Unable to target infantry units, the Plasma Hurler can attack vehicles only, but to devestating effects. Takes 1 turn to build.

Missile Pod
700c
1 Structure Slot
(400 metal, 10 trained people and 25 weapons to build)
The Missile Pod launches missile after missile in any targetable location within the sector. Capable of targetting any unit, the missile launcher is a powerful weapon that is best used against skimmers. Takes 1 turn to build.

Fast-Track Laser Turrest
700c
1 Structure slot
(400 metal, 5 trained people and 40 weapons to build)
The Fast-Track is one of the Saxolite's proud technologies that allows weapons to double in speed as well as change targets with great efficiency. This turrest is useful against fast units. Takes 1 turn to build.

PUC Dominator Tower
Produce Only
3 Structure Slots
(1000metal, 100 trained people and 1000 weapons to build)
This is a doomsday device of old that is known to be a very useful defencive machine. The PUC must be activated by the player before it is in use and can be only active for 3 turns in a row before it will shut down for 5 turns. When active, the PUC will automatically shut down any vehicle unit and all the bases defencive structures within the sector and surrounding sectors. Only infantry units will be able to move when the PUC is active. Psychic Teams and Elitist Guards will gain double their normal capability under a PUC feild, no matter what side they are on. Takes 4 turns to build.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.

Last edited by AcidK; 24 Feb 2005 at 14:53.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:43   #5
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-=Infantry Units=-
All infantry units move 1 sector per turn maximum unless otherwise stated.

Light Infantry
100c
(10 weapons and 10 people to produce)
A squad of light infantry consists of ten men, armed with light weapons but with no armour. They are an all-purpose squad useful for a larger scouting party or even to test an enemy strength within a certain sector.

Scout Team
75c
(5 weapons and 5 pople to produce)
These are the primary scouting squads, containing five men, that can easily scout out territories and find useful information about sectors with less chance of being detected. They can defend themselves if attacked but not as good as combat-orientated squads.

Sniper Squad
150c
(10 weapons and 10 trained people to produce)
Marksmen capable of detecting scouts whilst being hidden themselves as well as being useful against other infantry squads, a Sniper Squad is a useful asset for defending sectors or aiding other infantry squads squads.

Heavy Infantry
250c
(20 weapons 10 armour and 10 people to produce)
Heavy Infantry are the basis of an infantry assault or defending against armoured opponents. Heavy Infantry are slow and can only move sectors every two turns, but can pack a punch with heavy machine guns or rocket-propelled grenade launchers.

Specialist Squad
300c
(10 weapons, 10 armour and 10 trained people to produce)
Whilst not being as heavily armed as the Heavy Infantry, the Specialists within these squads are a great asset to any defence or assault team. Their missions can vary from infultration to assassination, depending on the task they are set.

Mobile Artillery Squad
300c
(20 weapons and 5 trained people to produce)
These are heavily trained assualt teams that can punch holes into tanks and buildings. Whilst not being as armoured as the Heavy Infantry, the MAS has the bonus that they can move more quickly, not being restricted to moving only one sector per 2 turns.

Medical Team
300c
(10 medical supplies and 5 trained people to produce)
Medics are vital after battles to heal the wounded infantry squads that only just survive battles. They cannot resurrect dead infantry within a squad but they can heal others ready for the next turn. 1 Medic can fully restore 1 person's health per turn. Medics can't attack, can't accompany an attacking group and can't defend.

Engineering Team
300c
(10 technical supplies and 5 trained people to produce)
Engineers are like medics, but instead of healing wounded people, they fix damaged buildings, tanks, skimmers, etc. Unlike medics, the entire squad needs to work on a single tank/skimmer/etc for it to be fully restored for the next turn. If the team has less people than the full squad, then fixing will not always reach 100%. They also cannot restore too-damaged or completely destroyed vehicles or buildings. Engineers can't attack, can't accompany an attacking group and can't defend.

Psychic Team
Produce Only
(10 weapons and 5 trained psychic people to produce)
Psychics are rare and are naturally born within colonies and can be trained for multiple purposes, be it fixing healing defending or fighting. Psychics cannot be bought at the start of the game but can be trained and produced into teams within colonies and even bases. Be advised that you must have psychics within the colony to train them or to produce a Psychic Team. Psychics can aid other squads in assaults or defence by either doubling their sheilding or doubling their attack strength at the cost of their own defence and their own attacking.

Elitist Guard
Produce Only
(1 Veteran Psychic Team)
An Elitist Guard Squad are trained in the Psychic Academy where psychics are trained ready for placing into normal Psychic Teams. These can only defend and cannot accompany attacks. However when being attacked, these specialist psychics can become a very strong opponant as well as useful aid to other squads and vehicles as well.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:44   #6
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-=Ground Wheel/Track Vehicles=-

Scout Buggy
150c
(50 metal, 5 weapons and 2 trained people to build)
The Scout Buggy is a fast and unarmoured vehicle that can move 3 sectors at each time to scout the way for stronger slower vehicles. They are armed with light weaponry but cannot fight very well. Don't expect these to be too useful in battle.

Armoured Truck
200c
(100 metal, 20 armour and 2 people to build)
Armoured Trucks are unarmed vehicles that can transport up to 200 metal each from one location to another. They can move 2 sectors at a time and would require a lot of defence in perilous areas.

Light Tank
300c
(200 metal, 10 armour, 20 weapons and 4 people to build)
Light Tanks are simple, small vehicles with light cannons strong enough to take out lighter vehicles and good against medium tanks and alike. Light Tanks can only move 2 sectors per turn.

APC (Armured Personnel Carrier)
250c
(200 metal, 10 armour, 5 weapons and 2 people to build)
Armoured Personel Carriers are armoured hulks of metal that can transport 5 infantry units of any size from one location to another. APCs can only move 2 sectors per turn.

Colonial Carrier
Produce Only
(500 metal, 50 armour and 10 people to build)
Colonial Carriers are massive carriers that can carry up to 250 people, not including infantry units, from one destination to the next. This allows colonies and bases to be built on new sectors. They can also carry up to 500 metal as well as passangers. Colonial Carriers can move 2 sectors per turn.

Mobile Sheild Generators
750c
(400 metal, 50 armour and 2 trained people to build)
Mobile Sheild Generators are simply dome-builders that erect a defencive dome around friendly units in the sector, adding an extra defence during attacks. These units cannot attack and must be protected at all times.

Medium Tank
700c
(400 metal, 40 armour, 40 weapons and 5 trained people to build)
Medium Tanks are the efficient way to defend and assault. Slow-moving, the medium tank's weapon can rip holes into most thick armours as well as being a useful weapon against turrets, buildings and such-like. Medium Tanks can move only 1 sector per turn.

Artillery Track
900c
(350 metal, 25 armour, 50 weapons and 5 people to build)
Artillery Tracks are as they say, a huge cannon that can move 2 sectors per turn and can fire into any nearby sector without risking itself being damaged, but only if it has not already moved. Like the Artillery Cannon Turret, these vehicles cannon defend themselves when attacks unless they are fighting either a Monolith Walker or a Titan Tank.

Ripside Tank
1000c
(400 metal, 50 armour, 50 weapons and 5 trained psychics to build)
The first of the psychic tanks is the Ripside Tank. Supporting a psy-cannon turret and multiple psychic technologies, this tank is purely a psychics weapon in battle. Can move 2 sectors per turn.

Harlequin Tank
Produce Only
(600 metal, 50 armour, 75 weapons and 10 trained psychics to build)
The heavier, more powerful version of the Ripside, Harlequin Tanks have 2 Psy-Cannons links as a main turret as well as an engine that makes it move at the same speed as a Scout Buggy. These are fast and deadly weapons of war. Can move 3 sectors per turn.

Titan Tank
Produce Only
(1000 metal, 100 armour, 150 weapons and 50 trained men to build)
Known as mobile fortesses, the Titan Tank is a giant in the battlefeild. Unable to enter colonies, the Titan Tank is a desert wandering machine that can strike fear into all that see it's slow moving yet deadly movements. When built in a factory, the Titan Tanks automatically move to the nearest friendly sector. Titan Tanks hold 2 artillery cannons, so they can strike nearby sectors, even when mobile, without having to dive straight into battles. It also holds four assorted towers with a multitude of weapons on each, ranging from miniguns to anti-aircraft missile launchers. The Titan Tank is the ultimate in all Shraanian Vehicle Designs, slow or not. Can only move 1 sector per 2 turns.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:44   #7
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-=Walker Vehicles=-

Runner
100c
(5 armour and 1 person to build)
You guessed it, a runner is nothing more than a person in walker-style armour that can run at incredible speeds. They are unarmed scouts with less grace than scouting squads. Can move 4 sectors per turn.

Gremlin Walker
250c
(50 metal, 10 armour, 5 weapons and 1 person to build)
Gremlin Walkers are only slightly taller than walkers, but hold stronger armour and aer armed with weapons designed to take on infantry units. Can move 2 sectors per turn.

Desert Stalker
400c
(100 metal, 10 armour, 10 weapons and 1 person to build)
Stalkers are slow tank busters designed for base and sector defence than for assault. Carrying one shoulder-carried weapon, this walker can stalk over light tanks and infantry very easily. Can move 2 sectors per turn.

Gun-Bearer Walker
600c
(200 metal, 20 armour, 20 weapons and 1 person to build)
The Gun-Bearer Walkers are all-round defenders against skimmers, ground vehicles and infantry alike. They are also more armoured than Stalkers, but not as armoured as the larger, more impressive tanks. Can move 2 sectors per turn.

Wraith Walker
900c
(400 metal, 40 armour, 50 weapons and 1 trained person to build)
Wraiths were the first large walkers used first by the Mercinary Triads. Wraiths are deadly machines, carrying enough firepower to rip apart base defences with ease. Can move 2 sectors per turn.

Genysis Walker
1100c
(500 metal, 50 armour, 75 weapons and 2 trained people to build)
Genysis Walkers were the second generation of Wraith Tanks designed by the Besilons before the Saxolite Civil War. These walkers are deadly tank-busters and base destroyers, as well as having enough firepower to deal with infantry as well.

Monolith Walker
Produce Only
(800 metal, 100 armour, 100 weapons and 20 trained people to build)
These are huge, towering walkers that raise up to only half the size of the Titan Tank. They have the same amount of defence, but the Monolith is not impressive with it's gun-span. Monoliths were first built during the Second Saxolite Rebellion against the Besilons. Monoliths now are best served as Titan Tank defences, using more weapons to defend itself and the Titan Tanks than to attack alone. Like Titan Tanks, the Monolith Walkers cannot enter sectors where there is a colony and, when built, will move to the nearest friendly sector. Can only move 1 sector per 2 turns.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:45   #8
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

-=Skimmers=-

Skimmerbike Squad
400c
(5 armour, 5 weapons and 5 people to build)
A Skimmerbike Squad is the light-travelling side of the scouting groups. Small, undefended skimmers, these scouts can scout out enemy territories with minimum chance of being shot at before they leave the sector. The riders are given armour also so if they are shot at by lighter weapons they can survive. Can move 5 sectors per turn.

Light Skimmer
200c
(50 metal, 15 armour, 5 weapons and 1 person to build)
Light Skimmers are agile fighters that are used for hit and run tactics. Armed with light weapons, the skimmer is best against infantry units. Can move 4 sectors per turn.

AST (Armoured Skimmer Transport)
300c
(150 metal, 25 armour and 2 people to build)
Armoured Skimmer Transports are the floating version of the APC, able to carry 5 infantry units, regardless of their size, the APC is the best transport there is. However the APC lacks weapons and swapped them for armour, making them unable to defend nor attack. However they can go into assaults with loads and drop infantry units within a battlezone, although they will have a high chance of being shot down. Can move 4 sectors per turn.

TSS (Tactical Strike Skimmer)
500c
(200 metal, 50 armour, 25 weapons and 2 people to build)
The Tactical Strike Skimmers are small, agile bomber craft used for taking care of light vehicles. They cannot fight other skimmers. Can move 3 sectors per turn.

Battleskimmer
750c
(250 metal, 75 armour, 40 weapons and 5 trained people to build)
Battleskimmers are born for battle. Carrying a weapon for each type of unit, they can become a very useful commodety within a Clan. Can move 2 sectors per turn.

Railgun Battleskimmer
Produce Only
(250 metal, 75 armour, 75 weapons and 5 trained people to build)
These are converted battleskimmers with railgun technology. These skimmers are efficient tank-busters but are inefficient infantry killers, due to the lag between shots. If someone is hit by the railgun, there is no chance they will get up again. Can move only 1 sector per turn.

Warskimmer
Produce Only
(400 metal, 100 armour, 100 weapons and 15 people to build)
Although not as big as the Titan Tank or the Monolith Walker, the Warskimmer is a very efficient weapon of war. Warskimmers have the same battle efficiency as Monolith Walkers with the bonues that they are faster and can enter colonies. However they are designed to take on Monoliths and Titans rather than smaller, lighter and more agile vehicles, making them vulnerable. Can only move 1 sector per turn.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.

Last edited by AcidK; 24 Feb 2005 at 14:25.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:46   #9
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

These are some of the units that cannot be built nor buyed, but you will notice them around in the wilderness.

Underground Raiders
The Besilon Underground started to grow in size during this time and began to form groups of Raiders. These are lightly armoured and untrained fighters, but they are efficient tactitians. This unit has the same properties as Light Infantry, but with armour. Can move 1 sector per turn.

Triad Mercinary Team
The Triads have been a key figure in the shaping of Shraan and mainly keep themselves to themselves. A team of these Mercinaries is capable of much damage to all types of units. These are a unique good-all-rounder infantry group. Can move 1 sector per turn.

Triad Wraith
The Wraiths are powerful enough in the hands of Saxolites, but in the hands of a Triad it is something completely different. Although the Triads are not hostile, they are known to spy on everything they can find. Triad Wraiths have the same traits as a normal Wraith, but with added agility and accuracy. Can move 2 sectors per turn.

Besilon Royal Guard
Beware of these guards, they are very powerful psychics and deadly combatents, with or without their powers. The Royal Guard are always on official business, but they like to stick their nose in business that is not theirs. Besilon Royal Guards have the same traits as Elitist Guards and Specialist Squads. Can move 1 sector per turn.

Black Guard
Not much is known about the Black Guard. They are mainly a myth of Shraan, hardly anyone beleives in them or the tails told about them. The Black Guard is real enough, but rare to find. When they are about, it is best not to engage them unless you have a real strong army. Usually found clustering near an AST within a sector. These people have the same traits as Heavy Infantry, but they can move faster and cannot be detected by the normal scanner. It takes and advanced scanner to spot them. Can move 1 sector per turn.

Monolith
The monster the Monolith Walker was named after is a remnant from the New Dawn era. These creatures stand ten feet in height, the same size as a Wraith Walker, and are known for their vicious melee combat and clad in a strong armour. Monoliths have unique traits as they can only engage melee combat and not distant combat, as well as being heavily armoured. Can only move 1 sector per 2 turns.

Firixi Monolith
When the Monoliths were being created after the New Dawn by the Reborn Spirits of the Lost City, many became energised with psychic energies. They were called the Firixi Monoliths. They are smaller and weaker than normal Monoliths, but they make up for that by being able to either negate psychics or double other Monoliths' strentghs during battle. Can move only 1 sector per 2 turns.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 03:46   #10
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Thats it, get posting characters
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 08:40   #11
Kal'rek

Kal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the roughKal'rek is a jewel in the rough

ooc- well ill be god dammed, this can work? sounds like a load on you? wish i could join in but i doubt i will beable to get to a computer every 2days once i start traveling. /ooc
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 09:33   #12
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

damn acidk.. now i'll have to read all that

ooohh... just spotted my Black Guard.. and the New Dawn... tee hee

Last edited by Fluffie; 24 Feb 2005 at 09:48.
Fluffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 14:31   #13
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

clan name: Wingers
leader name: Remmon
1st colony name: Skylight
1st base name: Schiphol
buildings 1st turn: NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS!
army 1st turn: SEE ABOVE!

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 18:07   #14
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold

Clan Name: guess i can't claim black guard ey? name to follow then, need to think it through
Clan Leader: Warren
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 18:09   #15
flapjack
crashed computer

why not just include the names for your first colony and base here? Everybody knows you have those, they just don't know where.

Ofcourse if you build more colonies, you might want to keep that a secret

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 18:56   #16
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

is it just me or don't we know yet how we "earn" people and credits yet?
and the starting recourses, we can apply them both to base and colony, right?
and can we build only one base or colony in a sector, right?
can you upgrade a base or colony so it can hold more?
and any weapons/armour/equipment we produce.. we can only "store" it if we have "a thingy to store it in"?
and we don't need barracks/depots to store vehicles, right?

sorry for questions if they are stupid
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 18:57   #17
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

Hawk101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Clan Name: Redra
Leader Name: Har Shali
1st colony name: Shaliti
1st base name: Destro
Buildings first turn: Small Colony, mine
Army first turn: none
Hawk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:05   #18
flapjack
crashed computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffie
is it just me or don't we know yet how we "earn" people and credits yet?
and the starting recourses, we can apply them both to base and colony, right?
and can we build only one base or colony in a sector, right?
can you upgrade a base or colony so it can hold more?
and any weapons/armour/equipment we produce.. we can only "store" it if we have "a thingy to store it in"?
and we don't need barracks/depots to store vehicles, right?

sorry for questions if they are stupid
let's see, you can 'earn' people by waiting, they naturally appear in colonies. No idea about creds though.
the starting resources can be applied absolutely anywhere
you can only build 1 base OR colony in a sector
I'm not sure about being able to upgrade colonies and bases, but somehow it seems stupid for it to be impossible.
we can only use factories if you have a place to store their produce, just like you can only mine metal if you have a place to store the metal.
and you don't have to 'store' infantry and vehicles, they 'store' themselves :P

oh and Hawk, you can't build a colony, you'd need to find a spot for it first (both sectors you know are occupied by a base and a colony respectively)
You'll also find it's a bit smarter to PM what you're building to mister Acidk so he can calc it and tell you if you've done it wrong.

Now go and ask your coords so I can send my massive army over to conquer your colony

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:18   #19
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

rite , so how do i catualy find a free spot before i start the game ?
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:24   #20
flapjack
crashed computer

Hawk, leave those details to the guy with the map, okay? I have no idea whatsoever where I am, let alone the rest of you guys

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:25   #21
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

/ooc/ are people being treated as an expendible or permanent resource (eg are they "used up" to build buildings or does the count stay the smae with that number available per turn? Also is the cost of the building cash OR metal? cos otherwise theres no way of getting a mine with 200 metal/ooc/

Clan name: Kalevala
Leader: Vainamoinen
1st colony name: Ilmatar
1st base name: Heart of Ukko
Budget will be PMed shortly

Last edited by Flaag; 24 Feb 2005 at 19:32.
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:31   #22
flapjack
crashed computer

I'm not sure about buildings, but vehicles and infantry do in fact use the population, removing it from your colony to crew your vehicles/be your infantry.

I'm assuming buildings require workers, so that's prolly where your people will go to

Remember, if you buy a building with cash, you don't use any population

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:31   #23
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
thanks, but!
at what rate do we earn those little fellows (people) ?
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:35   #24
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold

Clan name: Wolf
Clan Leader: Hewitt Kerensky

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:39   #25
flapjack
crashed computer

Quote:
at what rate do we earn those little fellows (people) ?
I have absolutely no idea whatsoever, but I assume it'll be related to your current population and the cap for your colony

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 19:48   #26
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

acidk - if i want to build a new colony or base, do i have to use one of those big vehicles.. or can the people walk, while i transport the required metal with trucks ?
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 22:12   #27
flapjack
crashed computer

okay, directly from the master himself:

People can walk as infantry units, 1 sector per turn. Obviously they're unarmed and armoured and as such it might not always be wise to send them out (unescorted)

about colony upgrades: You can. the price of the OLD base will be halved and then taken from the new upgrade
As for credits, those are done in the same (undisclosed) calcs as population, so I won't bother Acidk by asking for more details.
He also hinted to other methods to acquire people and credits

Unread 24 Feb 2005, 23:05   #28
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

[ooc] well this is going to be interesting i think, all stratergy games usually are... [ooc]

Clan Name: Blood Legions
Clan Leader: Floxx Rudgand
1st Colony Name: Drogand
1st Base Name: Drofkek

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.

Last edited by ASME; 24 Feb 2005 at 23:18. Reason: Damned Collons....
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 23:31   #29
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

cheers fj
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 04:59   #30
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

okay, on questions unanswered yet

People are generated within colonies as it progresses (ie, the colony reproduces).
Money is earned within a colony via a calc. I wont, however, tell you the calc's works
Army Units can wander between sectors and can stay stationary there. when they are in a colony or base, they gain a certain defence bonus.
Colonies/Bases would require resource trucks to ransport the required metal over, but the people that would occupy them will either have to sit in the big colonial transports or walk freely, depending on how lucky you are feeling by sending a lot of people unarmoured and unarmed through sectors.

You locations will be announced via PM when I have a sufficient amount of people signing up with their stats and the approvals are made. The game will start when a post is made here saying it has started and the PM posts are sent.
To move units from one sector to another, simply say which unit (and, at that, which sector/base/city they are in) and say where they are to go. The map is set into a 2d grid, so the top-left corner will be Sector AA1, the bottom-right corner will be Sector BZ-52. Sector movements for units are displayed on the units above.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 13:50   #31
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

cheers
Unread 25 Feb 2005, 18:00   #32
Hawk101
Liberator of Few

/ooc/ sorry , i get it now

Clan Name: Redra
Leader Name: Har Shali
1st colony name: Shaliti
1st base name: Destro
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 11:18   #33
Flaag
I have returned! (again)

Flaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these partsFlaag is infamous around these parts

is the map a square or a hexagonal grid? just so i can do my own maps + stuff
Flaag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2005, 15:46   #34
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

The map is a hexagonical grid. I will explain more before I start the game.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 3 Mar 2005, 15:09   #35
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

don't make fluffie sad and say this thread is a no go?

even though it's different, some shraan would be more than welcome ..
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 01:05   #36
ASME
DarkStar

ASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really niceASME is just really nice

i liked the idea of this thread.... dont let it DIE

Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress.
ASME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 04:18   #37
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

If you're still planning to start this thread, then, if possible, I'd like to join. I wanted to join before, but there was something that prevented me then.

I have a couple of questions though:

- What does "produce only" mean?
- Regarding the cost of military units; is there a difference between 'trained people' and 'people'?
- Is it possible to form alliances or negotiate pacts/treaties with other players?
- Could you show us an (empty) picture of the map and coords because I'm not sure I understand how it works.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 00:32   #38
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

....want to cry together uq?
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 02:03   #39
adam
The Oldbie Newbie

adam has a spectacular aura aboutadam has a spectacular aura about

(If your accepting more chars)
Clan Name:Frenians
Clan Leader:Gerrent Trent

1st Colony Name:Homestead
1st Base Name:Fort Gurin

Wizards First Rule- People Are Stupid
Quoted by the first Wizard Zorrander

Defender of the RP forums against the GD invasion September the 19th 2003
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 21:21   #40
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

Ur_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the roughUr_Quan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
....want to cry together uq?
Yes, Fluffie, that'd be very welcome. Let us cry together. Thank you.
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 21:40   #41
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

*Starts crying, with much dedication and passion.
Unread 12 Apr 2005, 22:02   #42
Ur_Quan
some induhvidual

*Hugs Fluffie and bursts into tears screaming: "Why? Oh WHY? Oh dear god, WHY?" and then blows his nose clean in Fluffie's shirt.