User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Sep 2005, 12:52   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
No Internet anymore....

For the past 8 weeks ive been at work ive had the internet on 24/7, of course always doing my job but still browsing these forums, playing pa and generally becoming more educated on wikipedia and news websites.

However 7 days ago the techies came in and disable my internet.

You see my manager doesnt like me, now this is quite simple as my mothers the director of this company, if you ever meet anti establishment this woman is it.

So no internet from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday. All I have is solitare and pinball (dont play freecell) Ive had a week of it, and well I play more pinball now and probably do less work than when I had the internet, as when I get a phone call I dont like pausing pinball as I lose the momentum, yet you can stop reading a website etc.

Anyway I have less than a week left before I finish my summer job, so im not going to kick up a fuss etc, rather sit tight, take a nap, play some pinball and nurse this hangover.

By the way I managed to con my mums secretary into letting me into her office :win: shes back at 13:00 though so id better piss off soon....

I also gotta say this is such a ****ing pointless thread, anyway do any of you lot have anti establishment issues, or have you had your net cut off in the past
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 13:00   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: No Internet anymore....

You know, pig, being disconnected from the internet is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 13:01   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: No Internet anymore....

I support all measures taken to keep you off the internet.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 13:13   #4
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
I support all measures taken to keep you off the internet.
thanks.

by the way I really like your avatar
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 13:14   #5
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

When I was working earlier this summer I started in one office without the net, got moved to one with then for my final week moved back to one without. I found it didn't really effect how much work I did when I had the net, I would just talk to the person opposite me instead. Worst thing about it was not being able to check the cricket scores.

Maybe whenever someone came in though they saw you had internet windows open and then with that time you were late back after lunchthey just thought you were being too unproductive to have it.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 13:29   #6
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

We have the internet at work, I'm the adminstrator of the company network, I near enough don't even touch the thing. Adversly, I hate time wasters, especially those that spend their working hours chatting on the net and browsing sites for recreation. Fortunately most of the staff are too computer illiterate for me to worry too much about tightening security. However, I would most definately cut their access if I thought it was having an effect on their productivity, even the manager if needs be.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 15:20   #7
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problems regarding internet access at work. The bosses don`t care about me, as long as I get the work done; which I do

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 15:44   #8
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn
btw does anyone know where i can download the windows version of hearts ?
is it possible that all you've lost is the shortcut to hearts and the program itself is still on the computer?

have a look in c/windows/system32 for a file called mshearts.exe
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:09   #9
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I also gotta say this is such a ****ing pointless thread, anyway do any of you lot have anti establishment issues, or have you had your nuts cut off in the past
Good lord, no.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:16   #10
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

The internet tends to be a useful resource for many jobs. When working I only tended to only use it productively.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:20   #11
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My IT policy basically says using e-mail and internet for personal use is acceptable as long as it doesn't interfere with my job, which I think is a pretty sensible policy.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:23   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm being given a laptop on monday which is mine for as long as I'm at the company.
THE FOOLS!!!

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 21:25   #13
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Know which HO building you are working in now then? You actually started?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 23:07   #14
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
My IT policy basically says using e-mail and internet for personal use is acceptable as long as it doesn't interfere with my job, which I think is a pretty sensible policy.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 23:54   #15
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn
i don't even have a windows folder in the c: bit :/
the only games i have in the accessories part are freecell, pinball, minesweeper and solitaire, i don't think i've ever had hearts with this version of windows
Windows Explorer / Tools / Folder Options / View / Show hidden files and folders - Select
Windows Explorer / Tools / Folder Options / View / Hide protected operating system files - Deselect.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:10   #16
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
Know which HO building you are working in now then? You actually started?
Yes. Done 2 days now. I basically have a desk in one of the buildings around the shopping centre in Croydon but will be working in pretty much every HO building in the area (and there are quite a few).
I'm helping with the control of contractors needed to maintain the buildings at the moment. (My GOD the HO waste a lot of money. One guy spent £49k redesigning his office and then left 3 months later. Another decided to call out an engineer to open the blinds in the office. That cost them a few hundred pounds. Last night someone called the out of hours engineer to ask him to bring him a bottle of water from the ground floor to the 3rd floor.)

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:21   #17
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Yes. Done 2 days now.
I stayed here last night. The free bar means I'm still hungover

Edit: As for the original post, we all told you you were due bad karma.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:23   #18
Ste
Bored

I've got an evening meal with Company Directors on the 22nd... They've booked me accommodation for that night so i'm guessing it'll be a little heavy...

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:36   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

I have 'free monthly drinks' next Friday and a Summer ball at Nottingham castle on the 30th. That's enough about my occupation-penis, time for a story.

Last night there was kareoke, yes I know, that's what I thought too. Anyway, there were quite a few people there so every table (about 12 people) went up at a time. This was no normal kareoke - this was a 10 piece jazz band complete with dancers. Over dinner, we'd commented that the two dancers who were part of this band were pretty fit and a manager had jokingly said if anyone pulls either of these there would be much kudos. Full of red wine, I decided I was up for the challenge. Which one to try it on with was decided by somebody saying "the blonde one isn't wearing a bra".

Having chosen my 'victim' I mentally decided on my mehod of attack. In hindsight, this was a pretty shit method.

So it finally comes round to our turn on stage - all the 'good' songs, and by good I mean better, had been done. We're singing "It's Raining Men". I'm not impressed with this but I'm drunk, it's all good fun. I can't sing at all but there's a few of us so I'm sure I'm drowned out, although I can tell if I go near the mic I can be heard very well indeed. Perfect I think - my plan can work. It comes to a point in the song where there is no singing, so it's fairly quiet. My moment to strike. I glance towards this blonde dancer, get her attention by smiling at her and mutter the immortal words:

"How you doin' Kareoke Fitty"?

I went to bed alone.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:52   #20
Ste
Bored

It's better than that line you said to the stripper.

Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:56   #21
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

SEE

OH COME SEE YE CITIZENS OF ENGLAND

see how your country is now run. see what now leads it. look upon the them and tremble.

tremble for the aristocracy you so cruelly displaced.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:04   #22
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
It's better than that line you said to the stripper.
I should not be allowed to drink and talk to girls
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:06   #23
Yahwe
I am.

or
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 12:35   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Edit: As for the original post, we all told you you were due bad karma.
I obviously meant this to be in the other thread started by Pig.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 12:59   #25
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Yes. Done 2 days now. I basically have a desk in one of the buildings around the shopping centre in Croydon but will be working in pretty much every HO building in the area (and there are quite a few).
I'm helping with the control of contractors needed to maintain the buildings at the moment. (My GOD the HO waste a lot of money. One guy spent £49k redesigning his office and then left 3 months later. Another decided to call out an engineer to open the blinds in the office. That cost them a few hundred pounds. Last night someone called the out of hours engineer to ask him to bring him a bottle of water from the ground floor to the 3rd floor.)

i want to be one of your contractors fs, jesus, how the hell are they getting away with wasting that amount of money? Does someoone just mis-file frivolous expenditure into the bin or something?
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 14:27   #26
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
heh, human intelligence (or lack thereof) amazes me sometimes.

I can't tell you how many times I get called out to do pissy little jobs like that.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote