User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 11:57   #1
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold
Tip Of the Spear Aliiances

I logged on IRC a few minutes ago. And I was typing in alliance names (no perform-30 days baby) and I thought, who are the good alliances coming into round 13. The "favorites" I should say, because I just didn't know.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 12:31   #2
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Tip Of the Spear Aliiances

I don't think anybody does at the moment. The between-round break has been so long that all alliances are going to have to wait and see how many, and who comes back for round 13.
Bashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 17:01   #3
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

erm, no offense, but I know EXACTLY who's gonna play with Angels next round. I know EVERY single nick by name, I have the exact number and I KNOW that they'll play.

So, for an alliance that is ran decently, I'm sure it's not hard to know exactly who will play. tbh this between break is no excuse at all to not know who's gonna play and who isn't. If you don't they you've not prepared your alliance well enough.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 17:06   #4
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
erm, no offense, but I know EXACTLY who's gonna play with Angels next round. I know EVERY single nick by name, I have the exact number and I KNOW that they'll play.

So, for an alliance that is ran decently, I'm sure it's not hard to know exactly who will play. tbh this between break is no excuse at all to not know who's gonna play and who isn't. If you don't they you've not prepared your alliance well enough.
Thats a brave bit of stick you're throwing at 1up

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 17:06   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

And how many alliances are going to be willing to come straight out and give such an account?

Last minute cancellations or changes could lead to embarrassment as they turn out weaker, or accusations of political manipulation as they turn out stronger...

Combine this with the fact some alliances won't be organised, and I doubt anyone has an overall picture.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 17:34   #6
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

I dont agree that thats the way to go tbh.. coz recruiting ussually happends just b4 the new round starts.. when (new) people start to look for their allies..

but then again.. top alliances dont have to recruit if they dont wanna
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 17:59   #7
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzelaar
Thats a brave bit of stick you're throwing at 1up
scared already are we ... you've seen NOTHING yet, son !!!

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 18:00   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I dont agree that thats the way to go tbh.. coz recruiting ussually happends just b4 the new round starts.. when (new) people start to look for their allies..

but then again.. top alliances dont have to recruit if they dont wanna
Angels only recruit through invites and since I'm handling every single one of them (first till the last one), it's not hard for me to be up-to-date at all time.

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 18:01   #9
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
scared already are we ... you've seen NOTHING yet, son !!!
Quite literally shatting myself with fear

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 23:10   #10
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Angels only recruit through invites and since I'm handling every single one of them (first till the last one), it's not hard for me to be up-to-date at all time.
do you have their blood samples too? everybody managed at a cellular level?

micromanagement is the way to go guys

hmm..
come to think of it..
maybe it is the way to go..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 23:58   #11
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
do you have their blood samples too? everybody managed at a cellular level?

micromanagement is the way to go guys

hmm..
come to think of it..
maybe it is the way to go..
We even got urine samples of all of them (we don't want any drug addicts) ...

(BC's need to send a urine sample after every evening they worked, we don't want BC's on epo do we !!!)

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Mar 2005, 00:59   #12
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
And how many alliances are going to be willing to come straight out and give such an account?

Last minute cancellations or changes could lead to embarrassment as they turn out weaker, or accusations of political manipulation as they turn out stronger...

Combine this with the fact some alliances won't be organised, and I doubt anyone has an overall picture.
You make a very good point. Alliances should get a little leeway due to the round taking so long to start.
Noone gave me any names though!!!!!
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 02:29   #13
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We even got urine samples of all of them (we don't want any drug addicts) ...

(BC's need to send a urine sample after every evening they worked, we don't want BC's on epo do we !!!)
Yet you took Colt? :eek:

That's lower than low!

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 05:17   #14
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

lol, i agree tbh
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 07:57   #15
CamelToe
You Know I'm Right

CamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these partsCamelToe is infamous around these parts

it's trash talking like this that leads to big blocks.

Don't act like you weren't thinking the same thing...

you should stop posting on these forums as you're CRAP
CamelToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 10:04   #16
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
it's trash talking like this that leads to big blocks.
oh dear.. if trash talking leads to big blocks..
then i will have the biggest block in the history of PA against me nxt round..
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 11:11   #17
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Yet you took Colt? :eek:

That's lower than low!
Colt is like Obelix, he once fell in a pool of fluid drugs and he's just high for the rest of his life.

FA Gaming community

Unread 15 Mar 2005, 21:58   #18
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Excuse me?
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 22:10   #19
Seth Mace
Down Boy - WOOF!

Seth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Mace is a glorious beacon of light

I find it hard to believe you dont have an opinion of who will and who wont be 1337 for R13, you've never striked me as some1 who doesnt know this kind of thing already?:P

Me thinks some1 hacked Chikas account!!

Anyway, the downtime may help some alliances in cutting off the inactive/ sh1t players and leave their memberbase with a higher quality. Imo though, it will likely only widen the divide between the top tier alliances and the lower ones.
R5: [HR] - [DuH] Triad with [BD] & [UV]
R6: [HR] - [HyB] Alliance with [BD]
R7, R8, R9, R9.5: Nos Wing [HR]
R10: [HR]
R10.5: [HR] - [FYTFO] Alliance with ]LCH[
R11, R12, R13, R15, R16, R17: [HR]
Seth Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 22:41   #20
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Mace
I find it hard to believe you dont have an opinion of who will and who wont be 1337 for R13, you've never striked me as some1 who doesnt know this kind of thing already?:P

Me thinks some1 hacked Chikas account!!

Anyway, the downtime may help some alliances in cutting off the inactive/ sh1t players and leave their memberbase with a higher quality. Imo though, it will likely only widen the divide between the top tier alliances and the lower ones.
I actually don't. I would say
1up
ANGELS
Ministry?
ToT?
LCH?
ND

The question marks are because I recall hearing things such as ToT aren't going to play as well as ministry. But that list still does not narrow down who is going into RD13 the favorites and the challengers
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 22:45   #21
Alessio
deserves a medal

You certainly love those new allies
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 22:47   #22
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
You certainly love those new allies
Can you blame me? Most of the old ones suck.
Wishful thinking buddy.
Unread 15 Mar 2005, 23:14   #23
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All alliances have something shit about them, it's a fact.

At least when you create an alliance, the shitness is down to you, and you can live with that.

anyway, back to the ranch.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 02:34   #24
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
All alliances have something shit about them, it's a fact.

At least when you create an alliance, the shitness is down to you, and you can live with that.

anyway, back to the ranch.
Of course 'shit' only rolls down and gravity-fed to the very bottom. And if you're at the bottom, it gets very embarrasing.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 04:53   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiGOD
Of course 'shit' only rolls down and gravity-fed to the very bottom. And if you're at the bottom, it gets very embarrasing.
Shitness pervades in different ways though: It can be the people, the atmosphere within the alliance or (as in the context you are talking about) to do with the actual ability of the alliance.

There are people who purely believe in ability. I don't think they really speak to me on IRC.
Unread 16 Mar 2005, 11:39   #26
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

This aeon between rounds means we probably wont treaten much more than a nasty cold.
And we know who we have, just the vast bulk have decided there are better things to do with their lives.
Compare it to an addiction, you are addicted when you have a steady supply, take that supply away and you get cold turkey, if no supply is likely in the forseable future, play a bridging game (vsn etc) or find something else (WoW for example), or contemplate why you were addicted. So people have gone, some will come back, new people will come onto the scene, thats part of the game. We have been set back by an entire round by this infernal wait, not a problem for some, but we are 1.5 rounds old.

And I've serisously considered pastures new.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote