User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 26 Dec 2005, 01:28   #1
Appanouki

Appanouki can only hope to improve
A Free PA round eh?

I think that you lads should jump at this opportunity.

If you are having a free PA round, now is the time to try to revive the flagging member base of this game. Getting Jolt to advertise the game on websites, asking everyone to vote for PA on MPOGD (or whatever that massively multiplayer online game indexing site is called) and refer their friends to the game, any means that can be employed to spread the word of PA.

The next stage would be to hook the new players in. I can think of a couple things to do this myself, but I'm sure that collectively we could come up with quite a few good ways to do it. For example, shrink the alliance sizes drastically ( <50) and distribute the talented players properly around the galaxies and alliances. Perhaps change the alliance goal from being the top scoring to being the most actively incorporating the new recruits and training them.

There are lots of ways to accomplish this, but I think that a free round will be the correct platform to start at. From there we just need to come up with ways (like i just suggested) of getting the new players here and sinking them into the game. This isnt an opportunity to be missed!
Appanouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 01:52   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: A Free PA round eh?

I can't see how to force active players into separate alliances to look after new players.
As far as advertising etc will go, I'll try and get Jolt to increase our advertising on sites as it's been flagging a bit in recent times (they own quite a few and it's a good start tbh).

I don't see how we can force active players into alliances to train new people. The only thing I can see is keeping the "final limit" much higher so that it's easier for smaller alliances to keep recruiting
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 03:09   #3
Appanouki

yeah the alliance thing was just an idea of how to get newbies into the game more

I just think that alliances and galaxies is where the newbs learn from the more experienced players and that should be considered when trying to get more players in PA Every round there are hopeless galaxies filled with inactives and newbs without a clue, ditto alliances.
Unread 26 Dec 2005, 03:12   #4
Appanouki

to be honest though, the average newb doesnt just need a galaxy or alliance with skilled players, he also MUST have IRC, so I think putting text about IRC around the game and portal and links to guides and mIRC downloads would help alot too.
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 05:37   #5
Appanouki

Ah well, a day gone by with no response besides you appoco... I guess there's not many people who think more players is a good thing or atleast something to motivate them to to reply.
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 05:54   #6
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

You are right, noone here wants to get more players...

Nah, the truth is more like that we are all sleeping after a long round of PA
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 11:36   #7
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Sleeping? it's havoc! I'm having a family party a day and still on here for 8 hours a day much to the disgust of my parents.

I've talked about advertising with Jolt and some of the alliance HCs and something should be worked out (I'm confident it will but realistic enough to know that sometimes things go wrong )
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 00:27   #8
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

for some of the alliances this would be a good time to say create a recrutiment wing and try to grow their playerbase. - so really its the alliances themselves that could gain from splitting themselves up into smaller groups for the round. That said the round does still warrant its own name and number, so people will still want to win it.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 01:00   #9
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
for some of the alliances this would be a good time to say create a recrutiment wing and try to grow their playerbase. - so really its the alliances themselves that could gain from splitting themselves up into smaller groups for the round. That said the round does still warrant its own name and number, so people will still want to win it.
You assume that alliances have the abillity to split up their command teams, good enough HC to run them almost on their own, and that they can be active enough to do so. Oh, and that it would not just be a case of splitting up into two alliances permanently - if you did reduce alliance limits to 50, would they really go back up again? If you think a yo-yo effect for something as intrinsic as alliance limits wouldn't end in tears, then you're wrong.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 01:30   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I wasn;t advocating lowering the limit and forcing people to do things - merely suggesting that some alliances might want to try and grow their ranks in some radical manner.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 01:35   #11
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

On a side note, will there be an announcement about the dates/times of the speedgames soon?
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 01:36   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

www.planetarion.com/news.php (or see the relevant news thread here)
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 03:17   #13
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appanouki
to be honest though, the average newb doesnt just need a galaxy or alliance with skilled players, he also MUST have IRC, so I think putting text about IRC around the game and portal and links to guides and mIRC downloads would help alot too.
Or even easier like this:
http://www.reconstructor.com/paclient/pairc.jpg

A single downloadable tiny windows/linux client with an attached IRC window automatically putting people on netgamers irc into their closed gal channel. Support channel and recruitement just a click away without need to download/install/configure any irc client. Such a client would however be cheating with the current rules.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote