User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:32   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Croydon

so, finally I'm told where I'm going to be working for the next six months (starting 01/09)
The home office in Croydon...
Now, I know nothing about the place. So I need to ask the Londoners on the board...
Is it Good? Bad? Easy to get to?
Where should I look for accommodation? Sutton is nearby... anywhere else? or in Croydon itself?
Do any of you live nearby and wouldn't mind taking pity on me and helping me get to know the area? Oh and going for a drink or three?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:33   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Croydon

It's down South.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:35   #3
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Croydon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
It's down South.
yes. South London. A bastard to get to whether on the train or driving from the midlands

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:38   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

at least you weren't sent to coventry.

edit : or hull.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:39   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Myself, SbOlly and T&F know the area well.

Also : Tomkat has got a job in Purley (in the borough of Croydon).
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:40   #6
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

S-P-O-O-K-Y
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:41   #7
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Myself, SbOlly and T&F know the area well.
Is that all you're going to say?
no pro's? no cons? no invitations to evenings of light conversation and heavy drinking?

Oh and if anyone knows of a room going somewhere nearby I'd be grateful to hear about it!

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:44   #8
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Don't go out in Croydon past 6:30pm if you aren't from around there. The chavs will smell the fear right away.

Apart from that its pretty easy to get to from various places, so travel shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:44   #9
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its about half an hour from me too

but no, i never go there, so i cant really tell you much about it. Proximity to Deepflow should be reward enough!

fo real though, there seem to be a higher than average number of GDers in london atm, something should be done.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:45   #10
Ste
Bored

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:46   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Croydon isn't that bad a place. Or at least, it didn't used to be. Now it's town centre is not that different from most other town centres in Britain - i.e. filled with people who have fights late at night for no good reason. I lived there recently in my cousins flat, and didn't find it too bad (I mention it : here).

There is an abundance of shops ( my friends girlfriend prefers it to Oxford Street). Plenty of housing (not that expensive compared to the centre of London). You've got to remember that it's the most populous London borough (330k people, more than some "cities" in the UK). It's "ethnically diverse" whatever that means. Erm...what else do you want to know?

It's about 25 minutes from London by train, although it can be a lot longer depending on how you get there. Most of the train services go to East Croydon (the main train station, a few minutes walk from the high street) but I think that serves mainly places southward (e.g. Brighton) although there are plenty of London Bridge / Kings Cross / Victoria trains too.

The buses are quite good (in terms of frequency) but filled with utter wankers at times. The tram service is actually very pleasant, but only serves really pointless places (i.e. middle of nowhere).

Do you know whereabouts in Croydon you'd be?

And I'm sure drinking can be arranged.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:47   #12
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Its my home town \o/

It has a decent shopping centre, nightlife is good, chavs are everywhere, has an ikea, travel links are good to better places.

I shall edit this with further details later
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:55   #13
Ste
Bored

well, work-wise I'll be very close to West Croydon station.

Living wise I need to sort it out! The cheapest places all seem to be within 10 mins walk of work which is good

Oh - what does No DSS mean on renting things?

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:57   #14
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Ouch.

Theres a 1/3 chance of getting stabbed outside of West Croydon train station. True fact.

Also, D, clear your damned PM box.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:58   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
West Croydon Station is on the London Road which runs from Norbury to Croydon. I can't think of any decent office place near there. London Road is pretty shit, the last time I was there they clsoed Greggs because two people had been shot outside the night club there.

Either way, I can't imagine accomodation near there being very expensive.

Olly : Done.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 15:58   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste

Living wise I need to sort it out! The cheapest places all seem to be within 10 mins walk of work which is good

Oh - what does No DSS mean on renting things?
DSS was the old name for being a lazy good for nothing benefits scrounger.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:04   #17
Ste
Bored

so where in Croydon would it be best to live? There seem to be a lot of rooms available all over the place.

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:08   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
so where in Croydon would it be best to live? There seem to be a lot of rooms available all over the place.
If you want me PM your e-mail address I can try to give you some more info by email.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:10   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If you want me PM your e-mail address
I can't speak for Ste, but I certainly intend to take up this offer.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:13   #20
Ste
Bored

Quote:
If you want me PM your e-mail address I can try to give you some more info by email.
done

seems like I have a lot to sort out...

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:15   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I can't speak for Ste, but I certainly intend to take up this offer.
Damn Freudian slips.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:17   #22
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

my clients seem to like it
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:18   #23
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Damn Freudian slips.
GD ORGY
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:55   #24
biglara

uk
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:56   #25
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hi biglara, do you have big breasts?
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:58   #26
biglara

o yeah
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:58   #27
biglara

36 ee
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 16:59   #28
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

If you show me then i will play planetwars.
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 17:00   #29
biglara

cheeky
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 17:01   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

much as i would love to continue this conversation, work is over, and i can go home

tarah
Unread 10 Aug 2005, 17:05   #31
Ste
Bored

picsplzta

Unread 10 Aug 2005, 23:27   #32
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
at least you weren't sent to coventry.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 00:51   #33
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Croydon's not bad. It's fairly ok but I'd prefer not to be alone late at night. Chavs and Rudeboys would start to 'cruise' the streets.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 09:18   #34
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

When I used to play RailRoad Tycoon, I would always start a train line between London and Croydon, and leave it like that for ages. It was the most profitable way to start off I found. So if you work in Croydon, that is the way to make money.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 09:24   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Well except for the massive road behind West Croydon lined with Office blocks. Isn't the Home Office Lunar House?
Yeah I forgot about that side.

And yes it is. Although at one point they shifted across the road (possibly Apollo House?) when they were redeveloping Lunar House. I'm not sure if there workload is as high as previously.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:20   #36
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going to be living about 15 minutes from Croydon (in Caterham) from the beginning of September.

Then at some point early next year I'll probably end up moving there. Purley is 10 minutes south from Croydon, and that's where my new school is.

In terms of accommodation, I'll be living with my mate for a month or two (£50 a week in a London borough? Go on then). Then I dunno - probably look to flat/house-share with some randoms in the Croydon area, and hope they aren't freaks.

Next GD Meet will be in London again then <3
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 12:40   #37
Ste
Bored

TK wanna find a flat??? <3

Unread 11 Aug 2005, 19:17   #38
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not until January duder :P

You'll be moving there in September won't you?
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 19:22   #39
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i've got quite a few friends who live around croydon/will be soon too. so i'm around there fairly often too. :|
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 19:39   #40
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I worked at the Home Office in Westminster for six months last year (until end of January 2005). Which department and building are you going to be working in?

My work took me down to several Home Office locations in Croydon. I found it quite easy to get to from central London; just 15 minutes from Victoria. Although Croydon itself is not an amazing place I am sure you will enjoy working at the Home Office.

I'd say Clapham would be a nice place to live: 10 minutes on the train to Croydon whilst also having the luxury of being connected to the tube network. Just an idea, although I am sure others will say different.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 19:54   #41
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

clapham is indeed a nice area (well, the nice bits, and the common is lovely). I imagine it would be a tad more expensive than croydon though, although that could be wrong.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:00   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
I imagine it would be a tad more expensive than croydon though, although that could be wrong.
Almost all of Clapham is a LOT more expensive than Croydon.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:09   #43
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

when i said a tad i meant "a lot"

honest guv.
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:33   #44
Ste
Bored

TK - yes, in fact before hopefully.
Jerome - You can find me a decent club to have a good night out in then
Mrpeach - I don't know which building yet, I got an apologetic email today saying sorry for being so vague. Apparently I need to fill in paperwork to get Home Office clearance.
Also my mum knows people who have rooms to let in Clapham. If it's that easy to get to Croydon from there I might take a look! (and see how pricey it is...)

we MUST arrange a meet sometime with all the people who will be around there! One weekend in September?

Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:38   #45
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

a weekend in sept sounds just peachy. Just make sure someone actually organises it
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 20:56   #46
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

i might be able to attend
Unread 11 Aug 2005, 21:01   #47
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Crodyon...

30 mins from London Bridge.

A pain to get the right train times for me to go back at night.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote