User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Oct 2003, 18:52   #1
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Smoking

anyone got any handy hints to help quit smoking? normal ciggerette smoking that is. apart from the expected response of "dont light one up and smoke it" cos theres bound to be other ways that aids quitting
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 18:56   #2
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: Smoking

Never start?

No really. If you think you need help to not voluntairily light one up and smoke it, that's your entire problem.
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 18:56   #3
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point

cut off your hands.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 19:00   #4
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

i didnt say "please god help me stop smoking" now did i? i was just asking if there are any ways that aid it. ive slowed down to start with, ive just had my first fag of today, last few days ive had 2 or 3, and ive worked my way down from 15 gradually like that. but theres obviously times when i turn around and think "****in hell i need a fag" especially when im doing something that gets me worked up. main thing im asking is if theres anyway anyone knows that they have or can stop cravings and such
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 19:01   #5
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Its impossible.

You will crave them the rest of your life.

So make it shorter by continuing to smoke!!

(yes, I do smoke. Far too much. The idea of quitting quite frankly scares me).

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 19:17   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

http://www.smoke-no-more.co.uk/quit_..._mouthwash.htm
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 19:22   #7
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

that sounds pretty handy, now i need money for it heh

but seriously, if i get that, even if it does help, i think id have to stay indoors for a few days considering if i take 2 or 3 puffs on a fag, like it says my breath will smell of cat piss... not pleasant for anyone else let alone me
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 19:30   #8
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Chewing gum. Apparently.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 19:46   #9
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

it's willpower
that's all it is
every time you get a craving, use your will to tell it to shut up
if you can't do that then you're weak :\ (there's some motivation for ya.. you don't wanna look like a weak pansy cause you can't quit right? )
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 20:01   #10
I'm Not Grimble
dennaB

I'm Not Grimble is an unknown quantity at this point

****ing quitter.

My dad raised me not to be a quitter, and I'm making him proud.
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 20:10   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
it's willpower
that's all it is
if you can't do that then you're weak :\ (there's some motivation for ya.. you don't wanna look like a weak pansy cause you can't quit right? )
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Oct 2003, 23:36   #12
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryn
it's willpower
that's all it is
**** that. Willpower is a lie. Everyone always does exactly what he wants to do in that moment. People like Bob are just frauds who lie to themself about what they really want, or about what they're really capable of.

Accept the truth that you want to keep smoking, or accept the truth that if you really want to stop, you can, just by doing it.
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 00:07   #13
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of

Start sniffing gasoline.

I Guarantee you, after the first time the fumes from that hit a lit cigarette, you will never do it again

edit: i suppose that calls for a
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 02:43   #14
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk/

Hope this helps
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 03:25   #15
SomeOneYouKnow
Treepex

SomeOneYouKnow is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont smoke..
maybe u can try playing PA 24/7..
and forget the smoke
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 10:31   #16
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

what are the health risks of smoking less than one a day?
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 14:09   #17
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

my boyfriend told me that i smelt repulsive

that was enough for me
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 14:13   #18
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Scutter
that sounds pretty handy, now i need money for it heh

but seriously, if i get that, even if it does help, i think id have to stay indoors for a few days considering if i take 2 or 3 puffs on a fag, like it says my breath will smell of cat piss... not pleasant for anyone else let alone me

it doesnt make your breath smell of cat piss
smoking does

its just a mouthwash
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 17:33   #19
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Crack Cocaine.

Take that up.

Swap one addiction for another.
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 18:14   #20
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of

http://www.wh-og.hs-niederrhein.de/~...beitsplatz.jpg
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 18:21   #21
TeraHertz
TeraHertz? Who's that?

TeraHertz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Scutter
anyone got any handy hints to help quit smoking? normal ciggerette smoking that is. apart from the expected response of "dont light one up and smoke it" cos theres bound to be other ways that aids quitting

Every time you feel a craving for a cigarette, drink a can of red bull.
The Glucuronolactone in it should cheer you up a bit rather than getting cranky. Other than that, willpower and nicorette patches.
TeraHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 15:21   #22
Ra
nineone

Ra is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the roughRa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Mage
It works on TV so it must be true
Yep, id try this, if it works on TV then its definitly going to be true.
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 07:22   #23
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLinus
er... rrright, tell me that aint your keyboard :S

btw, thanks for the link Obliterate and that idea TeraHertz, i could well give that one a go... price of 1 pack of 20 = 3 or 4 cans heh so it could be good money wise
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 07:23   #24
I'm Idler

smoking makes me look cool.
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 13:56   #25
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

eat more

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote