User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:26   #1
Spiderman

How much do you earn? and what do you do?

After reading the post by skiddy and his devastatingly underpaid job, it got me thinking as to what everyone else does for a living, and how much they get paid etc...

To get a better idea, please also post your gender, age, location and the number of years you have been in this role.
(I understand revealing your salary is a personal thing, so leave it out if you like and just post the rest).

Should be an interesting read...
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:30   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: How much do you earn? and what do you do?

I am a student, I work twice a week on a nights. Basically, I just sit in my building and do bugger all, and I get paid for that.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:31   #3
Spiderman

Re: How much do you earn? and what do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
After reading the post by skiddy and his devastatingly underpaid job, it got me thinking as to what everyone else does for a living, and how much they get paid etc...

To get a better idea, please also post your gender, age, location and the number of years you have been in this role.
(I understand revealing your salary is a personal thing, so leave it out if you like and just post the rest).

Should be an interesting read...
EDIT - Also, I forgot to add the question - "Are you happy with your Job?"
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:35   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Am I happy with a job which involves absolutely no effort, and pays well?

Well, shit yes.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:36   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've never seen such a monstrously stupid idea for a thread.

this is at best playground bragging, at worst middle class paranoia.

utterly utterly disgraceful
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:39   #6
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i do nothing and get around 4 and a half grand a year given to me... i also have student loans, so add 3 grand onto that. I have to pay that back though .

i WILL however be getting a job in the summer, probably some kind of project worker, which normally pays ok
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:47   #7
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe

Then clear aawf
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:51   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
middle class paranoia ?
you think the rest of the western civilisation is exempt from status anxiety ?
lets face it, how much you earn is part of human nature
1) money is not status
2) status is not relevant to a net forum
3) telling complete strangers how much you earn is vulgar
4) asking someone how much they earn is vulgar
5) only the middle classes or children in a playground would ever do this
6) how much you earn has nothing to do with human nature
7) people may have money without earning
8) people who earn nothing, or little are still human beings
9) anxiety is silly and is something which can easily be forgotten in this medium

do you see?
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:54   #9
Spiderman

Quote:
2) status is not relevant to a net forum
Haha, and Im sure everything else posted on here is.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 02:57   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

What's going on, what's all this shouting? This is a local forum, for local people, we'll have no trouble here.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:00   #11
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Haha, and Im sure everything else posted on here is.

i had considered putting 'real life status'

but i decided against it on the basis that the words 'real life' might cause you confusion.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:02   #12
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_horn
ok i'm not l337 enough too break down your post too answer each thing underneath it if you know what i mean so i'll just naswer each point like this....

1) i'm not confusing money with class, but i do belive you can buy status
2) rep ?
3) why ?
4) why ?
5) sorry mate but that is not true
6) i bleieve human nature only too be such material thing such as your social status and hoe people react too it
7) true but it doesn't mean they don't have social status
8) yes that's true but i don't see the relevance
9) aniety is not silly, its part of human nature and no even though you don't have "physical " interaction with people on the internet anxiety still affects the way you act

yes i see, and i honestly believe i see with great depth
you're american aren't you.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:10   #13
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

irony is no one is gonna reply to this thread now (in the way that it was intended) , so i guess yahwe wins :P
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:12   #14
Yahwe
I am.

there is a long accnowledged difference between england and america on this topic.

my ideas my be summarised as classically english.

your opinions are classicly american.

I once asked a rich american why she spoke so often of money and why americans all felt that nothing else mattered. she replied "why darling, without money how would you ever meet the rich people"

she said this with a straight face. I consider it a miracle and a testament to my upbringing that i managed to conceal my laughter.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:25   #15
Yahwe
I am.

you are english by birth, you are not english in thought. it doesn't matter since no one cares anyway.

what the woman said is funny. trust me.

i'm afraid though, while generally we shall agree to disagree, english history and british social ideals for the last 800 years simply do not agree with your ideas. there's no reason why this should affect your ideas.

but to call your ideas 'classicly english' would simply be historically incorrect.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:36   #16
Yahwe
I am.

i'd like you to understand what i am saying but we don't always get what we want.

it was objectively historically incorrect.
i meant 'no one cares whether you are english or whether you are american' not 'no one cares what you say'.

you seem to be misreading what i write. i am at a loss to know what to do. perhaps you could try reading my posts again?
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:48   #17
Yahwe
I am.

no apology necessary.
raw text is a very difficult way of communicating, especially with strangers. i never meant to cause offence.

we hold different beliefs that is all.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:48   #18
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

sunday?
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 03:50   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't have a job. I did have one during the summer though. It was not a good experience. I lead a subsistence lifestyle mostly. Alcohol, food if I'm not at home, books, train tickets, cinema tickets and the odd dvd. I still live with my parents so I don't pay for rent or food most of the time and during college I get 180 euro a month (I think that's like 120 pounds). Apart from this I support myself through poker from which I'm probably up 4-5 thousand over the last 18 months (slightly less than a thousand of that isn't from playing). I am very happy with my current occupational status.

Separately I don't find discussing money that vulgar. If you go on incessantly about it it certainly does become very vulgar (I have a friend who was like this and it was extremely irritating). Assuming you can discuss yourself with a modicum of tact, modesty and self-denigrating wit. To "psychoanalyze" myself momentarily of course I like to think I'm on top of the pile (in some way or other). I think we all find ourselves slightly irritated if we can't say we're among the best in some way, shape or form. The more impressive (subtle) approach is to let actions speak louder than words (oh the cliche ) but I don't see that much wrong with these threads. Frankly I am interested in finding out more about my internet chums and what they get up to during their crazy weekdays!
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 04:54   #20
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

im a 21 year old male uni student. i dont have a 'job' because the government gives me money to go out get drunk, spend all day in bed and get up in time to watch richard and carol on countdown. yes i like what i do

(might have to get a real 'job' in the summer tho, something shit in a factory probably like i did last summer )
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 04:59   #21
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I earn loads, drive a fast car and have a big cock.

Happy?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 05:09   #22
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

I earn loads, drive a fast car and have a very big cock *cough*

I support and defend the constitution of the United States and I am very happy with my job. Although I am American, I not exploiting my annual income and allowances on a public forum because that is something private.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 10:15   #23
DaWoodster
Registered abUser

DaWoodster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
I earn loads, drive a fast car and have a big cock.

Happy?
I earn much, much more, drive a faster car and mine is frickin huge.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 10:48   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I earn nothing. I do nothing.

Score.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 12:59   #25
cheekybru
Synaptidian

cheekybru is an unknown quantity at this point

Im 19, earn about 30-40 grand a year in sales

I love my job

<vampy> Cheek is 1337
<Zeus> Cheek is 1337 <-- maybe?
<idimmu> Cheek is 1337
cheekybru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 13:04   #26
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

1750 euros a month gross. I'm a software developer, 22 yrs old.
1750 is relatively normal here in the Netherlands for a starting software engineer. The bigger companies may pay 100-150 euros more.
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 13:20   #27
onetwothree
4 5 6

onetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to allonetwothree is a name known to all

I earn nothing but self satisfaction.
onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 13:35   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Alms! Alms for the poor!
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 14:00   #29
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

In this thread Yahwe gets paranoid.
Don't worry lover, your epenis will always be the biggest.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 14:03   #30
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Oh by the way, I'm a student. I work in a bar, but I'm generally living off the government. I'll be getting a better paid job over the summer though to save up some reddies. Had I of gone for a job after my first degree I'd be on about 22 grand probably. I have vingt-deux ans.

Last edited by Weeks; 2 Apr 2005 at 14:11. Reason: shit man.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 14:38   #31
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Both ends of the spectrum are unhealthy on this matter.

Obsessive interest in money is generally the hallmark of extreme-poverty (either present, past or in previous generations of the family) or a bizarre insecurity / crass arrogance. However, I find the opposing extreme where money is almost a taboo is equally strange. If I was forced I would lean towards the latter, but both are unnecessary.

The former attitude is responsible for a whole range of ugly personality traits (excessive boastfulness, meaness, etc). Perversely the latter is indirectly responsible for similarly unpleasant traits. There is a bit in 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists' where Tressell mentions the phenemenon ofpoor mothers going without food so their children could attend school in decent looking clothing. They'd prefer to literally starve than for others to know they didn't have much money.

Anyway : I'm a Property Information Analyst as I said in a recent thread. I work 4 days a week and attend a MSc course one day a week (which is paid for by my employers). I earn £23k ish. It's not a particularly good salary but I work for a charity ("Registered Social Landlord") so wages are lower than they would be in the private sector. However, if I were to go to the private sector I would most propbably have less holiday, less flexibility in my working condition, have to dress smartly, wash, etc.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 14:44   #32
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Alms! Alms for the poor!

"Time hath, my lord, a wallet at his back,
Wherein he puts alms for oblivion."
Unread 2 Apr 2005, 14:48   #33
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Work as a till monkey for £4.50 an hour at a shitty quasi-department store on weekends and bank holidays. I'm reasonably happy with my job as it is easy, but it would be better if I didn't have to deal with the public.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 13:47   #34
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

True.

I don't mind answering "What I do" though.

Actually I don't earn anything as such, at the moment, as I'm still a student. If I was earning I wouldn't answer the question though. Money doesn't make a person.

I'm training to be a secondary school teacher in ICT. I haven't got a job lined up for the next academic year yet, but I'm sort of working on it (in a thinking-about-it way).
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 13:57   #35
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i work in local govt. which means you may find it difficult to find anyone who gets paid less than me, however, the job i do (library assistant) i do because i like it very much, although it would be nice if i could convince them to put me through some half decent training to increase my prospects without having to look elsewhere
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 14:32   #36
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
I earn loads, drive a fast car and have a big cock. And a girlfriend with massive tits.

Happy?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 14:46   #37
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, but kura, D_M's still old and your still short
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 19:20   #38
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I earn $15 an hour doing this: http://www.rainbird.com/about/careers/op_support.htm (DSR)

It's about $32k a year or so, enough to afford a broadband connection and pay my school loans
Unread 3 Apr 2005, 21:57   #39
Yahwe
I am.

"and all the world over each nation's the same. they've simply no notion of playing the game. they argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won and they practice beforehand; which ruins the fun."

i despair at how foreign foreigners are.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 01:35   #40
Spiderman

Quote:
"and all the world over each nation's the same. they've simply no notion of playing the game. they argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won and they practice beforehand; which ruins the fun."

i despair at how foreign foreigners are.
Troll.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 01:47   #41
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Actually, Yahwe has a point. but his point holds no water because of things like account age and the rep system. It is a tad childish to paste stuff, and some probably will lie. But with the forums atmoshere it really doesn't matter. noone should really care.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 12:36   #42
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

I'm 24, work for Sony, and have done for almost 3 years now.

I mostly code next-gen Playstation libs.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 12:39   #43
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
I'm 24, work for Sony, and have done for almost 3 years now.

I mostly code next-gen Playstation libs.
Is the capital 'O' in the middle of your name indicative of the shape of your stomach, or did your hand slip when your were typing in the registration form?
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 12:41   #44
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Neither. But I'm honoured you care so much.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 12:42   #45
Marilyn Manson
Gone

It's my job to care.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 13:56   #46
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place

I agree with yahwe in this thread, its obnoxious to boast about how much you're earning and its crass beyond belief to ask, especially if you suspect the other person will be on less.
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 14:11   #47
Cuddley_Battleship
Luminous Flux

Cuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these partsCuddley_Battleship is infamous around these parts

~$11,000 a year working part time at a grocery store. w00t
Unread 4 Apr 2005, 18:39   #48
Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusselt
I agree with yahwe in this thread, its obnoxious to boast about how much you're earning and its crass beyond belief to ask, especially if you suspect the other person will be on less.
To be fair, the original post was more to gauge what kind of work people did, and what they think about their jobs.

I did add:

"(I understand revealing your salary is a personal thing, so leave it out if you like and just post the rest)"

Unfortunately that didn't absorb into Yahwe's head.