User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Aug 2004, 13:49   #1
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts
PS2 Problems

Ive had my ps2 for nearly 2 years now and its been working fine. But I just took a cd out and its had a perfect circular scratch on it. Ive heard that when this starts your ps2 is getting knackered.
Does anyone know if I should get a new ps2 or is there anyway to repair my current one?
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:22   #2
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: PS2 Problems

throw your ps2 away its shit

get a gamecube
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:24   #3
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Send it in for repairs.

They will ask you if its in warranty still. Lie and say yes. They will tell you will need a recipt. Lie and say you have one.

In the end they won't check, and you will get a replacement free.

Even if they get funny with you, they will always repair (means sending you a refurb replacement) for £50 if my memory serves me right.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:29   #4
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Isnt it easier just getting a new one?

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:36   #5
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Possibly, but this way is free. And its a 3-4 day turnaround.

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:37   #6
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

And if they find out your lying?

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:43   #7
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

They charge you £50.

Still cheaper.

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:45   #8
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

You could buy a new one and that game then a few days later take the old ones back and say that your PS2 had wrecked the game and just ask for your money back.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:46   #9
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

I see. But I might get more problems....

As the PS2 has just gone down in price to £105 i might get a new one. I could start getting the disc read errors soon.

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 14:56   #10
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
I see. But I might get more problems....

As the PS2 has just gone down in price to £105 i might get a new one. I could start getting the disc read errors soon.
sell your old one on ebay.

then buy a new one on ebay
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 15:03   #11
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Ive been reading around on other forums and ive found out that alot of ps2's with Disc read errors are sold on ebay and i dont want to trade a ps2 with a problem for a ps2 with a problem. I dont win

If I did buy a new one I could get another decent controller. As well as a game or two

Cheers for the help guys I will think about what to do.

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 15:13   #12
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Buy a new one from Argos.

Put old one in newbox.

Return it.

Profit.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 15:23   #13
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

LOL isnt all this stuff illegal?

and that was my sig.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 15:35   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fight the power.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 16:03   #15
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpig #1
And if they find out your lying?
They won't... One thing I learned in the helpdesk is that they only ask for a receipt to scare customers into not lying about their waranty. In the end they don't check, because they just check it in, toss it away with all the other crap you sent in the box, and send a new one. Atleast that's what they do with camera's here. They might try to repair a PS2, but I doubt they will check the receipt.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 16:06   #16
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Its actually a known fault with all early PS2's and will be fixed even if its out of warranty.
Rids is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 17:16   #17
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
throw your ps2 away its shit

get a gamecube