User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jan 2004, 13:33   #101
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: could the title music for Enterprise have gotten any worse ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
who?
From Babylon 5.

Mark is attempting to turn it into a meaningless competetion between series for no good reason.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 14:35   #102
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

but babylon 5 was awful
so very much worse than the worst holodeck episode from any of the star trek series
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 14:39   #103
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
but babylon 5 was awful
I would respectfully say that if you like Trek (in any form) you should probably watch it from the beginning.

So long as you follow the below rules, you will enjoy it :
1. Ignore some of the production values.
2. Ignore the fanboy nonsense you may have heard up until now about it.

The story telling is a lot richer and more developed than in any of the Trek series, but as I say, it's not a competetion. I enjoy both.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:13   #104
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

To be fair, the first season of B5 was not great. It was full of 'Dukes of Hazard' episodes*, silly trek-esque plot twists and though a neat character, The original captain was simply not a very good actor.

Season two started far more into the standing plot line, and characters started to develop past being steriotypes. By season four the show kicked a startling amount of ass.

*'Dukes of Hazard' episodes: No matter what, by the next episode Coltraine will have a new cop Car, Hogg will have started on an entirely new plan, Bo and Luke will have forgotten their recent moral lessons, and nothign whatsoever will have changed....

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:27   #105
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've seen some B5, and I've never been able to like it.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:30   #106
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I don't think you can really judge individual episodes like you can with, say, Voyager or TNG. The reason why I suggest watching it from the beginning because the storyline unfolds from the very beginning and if you watch some of the later episodes only it won't make much sense.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:36   #107
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've seen a bunch of episodes around the start, but I found it to be a bit of a bore - not unlike current Enterprise series.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:40   #108
Dante Hicks
Clerk

One of the refreshing things about B5 (at the time) is that they didn't necessarily have the need to engage in tedios Trek style moralising. Since this was on at a time where TNG was on auto-repeat on TV, that made it pretty cool. I also enjoyed it because of it's (superficial) similarity to the Elite 2 universe.

The lack of morality is one of the reasons why I've also recently been enjoying "Firefly" which sadly has been cancelled.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:47   #109
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

YEAS!

Firefly remains one of the best show I have ever seen produced on network television. I bought the DVD of the series, but I find I cannot watch it because I get so infuriated with the talking monkeys at Fox who cancel anything of quality in favour of more heinous episodes of 'Bachelorette Bob' or 'Fast animals, slow Children'.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:51   #110
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

They are working on a firefly movie which may relaunch the series.

Tbh I was slightly worried where they were going to go with river's character after that final episode.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 16:54   #111
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I would respectfully say that if you like Trek (in any form) you should probably watch it from the beginning.

So long as you follow the below rules, you will enjoy it :
1. Ignore some of the production values.
2. Ignore the fanboy nonsense you may have heard up until now about it.

The story telling is a lot richer and more developed than in any of the Trek series, but as I say, it's not a competetion. I enjoy both.

i watched it, the first few series and some of the last one
i didnt like the first ones very much
and i didnt like the whole i am the profit thing in the last

star trek i mostly watch from loyalty these days
i cant help it i am old and i grew up with it
(not the original, i am not as old as DM fs)
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:06   #112
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion
To be fair, the first season of B5 was not great. It was full of 'Dukes of Hazard' episodes*, silly trek-esque plot twists and though a neat character, The original captain was simply not a very good actor.
I think the first season of B5 is underrated. Although it's not the same format as the later series (it's much more of a 'star trek' style individual episode whatsit type thing), it actually has a high number of good episodes.

I mean, they took an episode about a dying boy and made it GOOD.

The best season is S3, in my opinion.

ps.

Bester is an amoral secret police type telepath, who's played by Walter Koenig, who played Checkov in TOS.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:07   #113
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
From Babylon 5.

Mark is attempting to turn it into a meaningless competetion between series for no good reason.
If you hadn't noticed, I was comparing characters, not series.

For instance, Garak is a superior character to, say, Worf in TNG, but it doesn't mean that DS9's better.

I was just saying that Bester does the whole 'sinister with unknown motives' thing better.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:09   #114
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Prophet.
The one who turns into a crow, from Warcraft III?
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:11   #115
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
Prophet.
sorry
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:11   #116
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Just educating Madi.
I prefer my interpretation.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:13   #117
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Don't apologise, I don't care, I just thought it was important to point out that they are spealt differently. Although I don't know why.
Spealt eh?
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:15   #118
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
If I were going to be a Crow I would say "Never more"
You anticonformist you.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:17   #119
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Tatht wad a typo, maybe.
Come of it sunny jim, or I'll come round to your house with all the other... policemen and arrest... your arse.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:24   #120
Dante Hicks
Clerk

T&F : Your typing is atrocious in general, so I'd avoid criticising others. (and no, mine isn't much better)

MrL : I see Garak and Bester as two different types of characters. Bester is better as the evil dodgy guy, Garak is more like a Machiavellian who's fundamentally "on our side". When he lies, cheats, etc (e.g. "In the Pale Moonlight") it's generally in the Fed's best interests.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:28   #121
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids. Yes I spelled "spelled" wrong I was hoping to scare Madi away from the thread so that I could buy it and have the hidden treasure, and i'd do it again I tell you.
you're a bit strange arent you
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:34   #122
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
MrL : I see Garak and Bester as two different types of characters. Bester is better as the evil dodgy guy, Garak is more like a Machiavellian who's fundamentally "on our side". When he lies, cheats, etc (e.g. "In the Pale Moonlight") it's generally in the Fed's best interests.
Bester isn't fundamentally evil though; see 'Ship of Tears', for instance. If you swapped the Federation for the PsiCorps, they would line up extremely well.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:39   #123
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Yeah but the Federation are supposed to be all sweetness and light (we almost never see them in a negative light) whereas the same can't be said for the PsiCorps.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:41   #124
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Yeah but the Federation are supposed to be all sweetness and light (we almost never see them in a negative light) whereas the same can't be said for the PsiCorps.
That's because Trek is (mostly) about GOOD vs EVIL. There's very little middle ground.

However, Bester is a more rounded character, who honestly believes that he's doing the best for the people he represents, even if he does cut corners to achieve his aims.

A better comparison for the relationship between Garak and the Federation would be the marriage of convenience between Bester and Sheridan.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:53   #125
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Can we get back on to firefly it's infinitely more interesting than talking about series that have died and in one case a series that has refused to die, created a shitty spin-off and cashed in like a fat cow with some horrible cgi inflated videos.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 23 Jan 2004, 17:56   #126
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Can we get back on to firefly it's infinitely more interesting than talking about series that have died and in one case a series that has refused to die, created a shitty spin-off and cashed in like a fat cow with some horrible cgi inflated videos.
I don't think either Babylon 5 or DS9 died, duder, given that they both finished their prospective runs (5 years and 7 years respectively). The franchises may refuse to die, but that's more to do with the money men than the series in question.

Plus, if you want to talk about Firefly, why don't you TALK ABOUT FIREFLY, instead of complaining about what other people want to talk about?
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 18:09   #127
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I don't think either Babylon 5 or DS9 died, duder, given that they both finished their prospective runs (5 years and 7 years respectively). The franchises may refuse to die, but that's more to do with the money men than the series in question.

Plus, if you want to talk about Firefly, why don't you TALK ABOUT FIREFLY, instead of complaining about what other people want to talk about?
We were then you hijacked the conversation back in a well trodden route.

Unread 23 Jan 2004, 18:19   #128
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
We were then you hijacked the conversation back in a well trodden route.
What, a comparison of Bester and Garak? I don't think that's been trodden much.

Also, given that the discussion had an entire 2 posts on firefly, and was back on B5 before I posted, I doubt that I 'hijacked' the conversation.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 18:42   #129
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Stop being tiresome.

As an aside, for those interested the engineer girl (Kayleigh) from Firefly appears as a goth-type in the last episode of the first series of "Dead Like Me".
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 18:51   #130
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Stop being tiresome.
I get told off for making a new topic, told of for continuing the old one, what is a boy to do*?

*drink guinness.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 19:19   #131
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Except for the Section 31 episodes. They were quite good, and didn't show the best of The Federation....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 19:33   #132
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I get told off for making a new topic, told of for continuing the old one, what is a boy to do*?.
I wasn't mainly referring to you schnookums.

General_Martok : Section 31 was mainly meant to be an off-shoot rather than the Feds themselves.
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 19:52   #133
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I know, recently watched those episodes again. But when Sisco informed StarFleet HQ they tried to muffled it away. (extreme measures, 7.23)

-----
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 20:04   #134
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I wasn't mainly referring to you schnookums.
I wasn't talking to you though
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 20:52   #135
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
As an aside, for those interested the engineer girl (Kayleigh) from Firefly appears as a goth-type in the last episode of the first series of "Dead Like Me".
Missed the final episode of that. Tbh that series is much less promising than Firefly I just don't understand why they keep with that stuff.

I think it must be studio issues with wheedon. That or they wanted another Angel which was just plain silly to expect.

Unread 24 Jan 2004, 01:11   #136
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Quote:
Tbh I was slightly worried where they were going to go with river's character after that final episode.
Where were they going?

I missed it.
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 02:53   #137
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
They lost a major opportunity by showing what a Federation crew could be like if they lost their technological edge. If anything, the "tech to the rescue!" plotlines were more numerous in Voyager than TNG.

A much more interesting ship they introduced was the other Starfleet vessel they met (the Equinox?) who had abandoned their morals to survive.

p.s. I mainly agree with Sunday
imo the equinox was a far prettier ship then voyager
Unread 24 Jan 2004, 03:14   #138
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
imo the equinox was a far prettier ship then voyager
Steamrunner class ships are far prettier than Nova class ships.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 00:16   #139
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

personaly i prefer that crazy ship that splits in three, the one the romulans stole and the Doctor got back. i think it was called the Promethus class, or i may be thinking of stargate...
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 00:23   #140
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The Enterprise F is pretty cool. Don't know what class it is though.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 00:48   #141
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
personaly i prefer that crazy ship that splits in three, the one the romulans stole and the Doctor got back. i think it was called the Promethus class, or i may be thinking of stargate...
That would indeed be the USS Prometheus, of the same-named class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga
The Enterprise F is pretty cool. Don't know what class it is though.
There is no Enterprise F. The most recent one is the USS Enterprise NCC-1701E, a Sovereign class ship.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 12:52   #142
General Martok
used to register

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
That would indeed be the USS Prometheus, of the same-named class.
There is no Enterprise F. The most recent one is the USS Enterprise NCC-1701E, a Sovereign class ship.
Last Episode of TNG. All good things.... That was an Enterprise, and I'm pretty sure it was F...

-----
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 13:23   #143
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Last Episode of TNG. All good things.... That was an Enterprise, and I'm pretty sure it was F...
Nope, modified enterprise D.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 13:46   #144
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Nope, modified enterprise D.
http://www.shiporama.org/images/galaxy/refitd35.jpg is a capture from said episode which indeed clearly shows that the future Enterprise is the refitted Galaxy-class NCC-1701D.

Ironically, that entire future doesn't happen.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 14:04   #145
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

There was a Relativity G, though, and that looked rather pretty.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 16:08   #146
Bunga
I'm not a poet

How could that have been a refitted Galaxy class? Last I saw it it looked completely different.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 16:09   #147
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga
How could that have been a refitted Galaxy class? Last I saw it it looked completely different.
He's talking about the one in All Good Things, which just has a third nacelle added (basically)
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 16:11   #148
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
There was a Relativity G, though, and that looked rather pretty.
Considering it came from the 29th century, it certainly did have a certain -factor.
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 16:13   #149
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
He's talking about the one in All Good Things, which just has a third nacelle added (basically)
It also had an enormous gun on the bottom of the saucer section.

The third nacelle just made it look dumb, though.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2004, 16:35   #150
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Quote:
Plus a huge phaser with punch enough to smash through the shields and hull of a klingon battlecruiser in one go, stealth capability and it could go Warp 17 iirc.