User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:02   #1
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Deus Ex 1 (Spoilery)

Since I shall have Deus Ex 2 by tomorrow, and I've not touched a demo, or read reviews of it, as I dont want to spoil the plot at all, I'm just wondering, what were the 3 ways Deus Ex 1 could end again?

1) You blow up the Area 51 place completely, taking down world communication totally.

2) You merge with the computer program AI thing, and become, well, some kind of god.

3) You blow up that annoying little shit that asked you about a million times 'Are you lost?' and... what was the global outcome associated with this one?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:09   #2
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Deus Ex 1 (Spoilery)

There was an Illuminati ending, as well AFAIK.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:13   #3
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Deus Ex 1 (Spoilery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
There was an Illuminati ending, as well AFAIK.
Isnt that intertwined with 3) ?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:15   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Possibly. I can't remember now.

Why don't you have a look on a fan site or something?
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:19   #5
Rids
The Bad Guy

Because, the chances of me visitting a fansite and not being overwhelmed with spoilery shite about Deus Ex 2 are about the same as the chance of a scottish team making it past the group stage of a Champions League, ****ing zero.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:27   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

My refresher research would seem to indicate that those three are the only endings.

God knows how the new game would be able to follow on from either three of them.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:33   #7
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Maybe religious extremists who hate the idea of you playing God.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 01:41   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I assume that if they are going to continue from one of the endings in DX, then The Illuminanti one would be the most logical.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 04:53   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You join with the AI and rule the world

You join the Illuminati and go on to rule the world

You destroy everything and plunge the world into darkness (A La Snake Plissken)
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 08:57   #10
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point

I have DX2 and my graphics card is too shite to run it
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 09:44   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I played Deus Ex for quite a few hours, must have got at least half way through.
I got bored of it and never finished it though, don't think I'll be playing the sequel anytime soon.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 12:19   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

what is the key for messages in deus ex? when I get a new message I can't access it and I forgot what button to press

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 15:48   #13
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who is Alex D?
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 19:50   #14
Richie987
Mistress's fluffer

Richie987 can only hope to improve

t = talk
DeusEx 1 was good in my opinion although frustrating at times...but for a second DX they will need a damn good storyline to follow on from DX1. :snowman:

#1 Galaxy Winner
#1 ********** Galaxy winner
Top 15 ********** planet
Richie987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:06   #15
Intrepid00

I looked at the 3 possiable endings of DX1 on the walkthroughs. Which one has the 'good' effect or are you forced to choose the less evil.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:30   #16
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

You just 'choose' whatever suits you
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 22:43   #17
Intrepid00

But, does any of them even have a slighty postive view instead of Rule World, Rule World, Destory World?

I knew their was a reason why I didn't finish the game if that is the crap ending.
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 23:29   #18
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

the world is a shite place is the general feeling from the game and all possible ending
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 23:33   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
But, does any of them even have a slighty postive view instead of Rule World, Rule World, Destory World?

I knew their was a reason why I didn't finish the game if that is the crap ending.
It's a good ending, and a very good game. The choice is between a benevolent dictatorship, a more sinister form of benevolent dictatorship and the removal of the possibility of someone ****ing up again for quite some time.

All three are argued to you.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Dec 2003, 23:55   #20
Intrepid00

What a ****ing evil choice to make.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 00:02   #21
Intrepid00

I guess I would say, blow all the crap up and hope for the best because the other two are junk.
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 00:05   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
I guess I would say, blow all the crap up and hope for the best because the other two are junk.
Junk in what sense?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 15:18   #23
Rids
The Bad Guy

Deus Ex 2 follows on from one of the above storylines, probably the most unlikely one, but in some ways, it was probably the easiest to follow.

Still undecided about Deus Ex 2, its hmm, not sure really.