User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:22   #1
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute
Ok... I`ve cut my credit cards up.

I like the sight of this http://img66.photobucket.com/albums/...t/000_0951.jpg. I feel better already. Anyone here thought of doing the same?

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:23   #2
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ok... I`ve cut my credit cards up.

You just did what I thought you just did.

I hope you have actually cancelled them as well
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:29   #3
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's a tad small to make out the numbers, innit? Well, perhaps one of them with some Photoshop enhancement... not entirely convinced.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 00:51   #4
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
You just did what I thought you just did.

I hope you have actually cancelled them as well
Oh, the cards are well cancelled. It was so cathartic to give them the chop, I felt great!

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:09   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

thanks for affecting my life, hollywood.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:11   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hmmm, when I've paid off my credit cards I think I will simply send them to a trustworthy relative who lives in a different town to me.

Credit cards can be incredibly useful in emergencies, but not having them to hand directly removes the temptation to be foolish with them.

edit : Also having credit cards (even if you don't use them) sort of improves your credit status.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:12   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Ok... I`ve cut my credit cards up.

Might see you in Disneyland.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 01:23   #8
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Yah you'll find a lot of things requires you to have a good CC rating in life.

May I also add while you might cancel them try and keep them for a couple of bills to make sure no mysterious interest payments appear on them... happened to a few friends and really fubarred their CC rating, and their time and money lo.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 02:52   #9
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
edit : Also having credit cards (even if you don't use them) sort of improves your credit status.
I was always under the impression you had to use them to build up credit status, even if it is just the odd purchase followed by paying it off imediately.

My one credit card is in half, but in theory I could use it for internet shopping.

"I don't know why I even have this card, I'll never use it."
"Can I snap it in half then?"
"No."
"So you are going to use it?"
"Fine, snap it in half."

Don't you just love your friends?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 10:43   #10
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I don't own a credit card. I don't think I ever will. Debit cards all the way!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 10:59   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
I was always under the impression you had to use them to build up credit status, even if it is just the odd purchase followed by paying it off imediately.
That is how it works with most forms of credit, but with credit cards they store a list of the last 16 "statuses" of your credit card.

So if pay on time you have a status of 0, if you were 1 month late you get a 1, 2 month late 2, default notice 3, etc. So my credit card status looked like the following when I last got my last credit report :

Or something similar. I presume if I owed nothing it would have been all 0's. Which would obviously look better. I think they do also look at how much you've borrowed too. The credit card company themselves take into account how much you spend and how quickly you pay it back.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:08   #12
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

I hope you didn't use the bank account linked to that solo card because you won't be able to withdraw cash any more

Plus that was entirely pointless as you can never go overdrawn with solo.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 12:14   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB
I hope you didn't use the bank account linked to that solo card because you won't be able to withdraw cash any more

So? 'You can only take out the money you put in!'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 13:55   #14
pyirt
nomen est omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesigedB

I don`t have much cash to withdraw anyway; besides I use a debt card now. With VISA electron I can`t even buy stuff off e.bay :/ I wish ppls would sort things out

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 14:07   #15
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The electron is an even worse card than the solo.

Why did you get rid of your useful (mastercard, visa vanilla) cards if all you had left was an electron?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 14:23   #16
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Solo is OK if you're not old enough to get a Switch card, the only thing wrong with it is that it's not accepted in some places.

I don't know why people bother with visa electron, everywhere I go I see signs saying how they don't accept it.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 14:29   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quite a lot of people can only get a Visa Electron with thier particular bank because of poor credit ratings, etc.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 14:40   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Visa Debit for the win.

That I'm bigging-up a payment method demonstrates something or other.
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 14:49   #19
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

As far as I am aware, Visa electron and solo are basically the same, just visa electron is accepted in a lot less places. While I guess this will stop you buying things on impulse more, it is very annoying. I am puzzled by the line 'besides I use a debit card now', as solo IS a debit card. Its even a more carefully regulated one that is very difficult to go into debt with - hence why it is given to people with poor credit records and under 18's.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 19:20   #20
pyirt
nomen est omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
The electron is an even worse card than the solo.

Why did you get rid of your useful (mastercard, visa vanilla) cards if all you had left was an electron?
Had to, for financial reasons :/

Me=Hans_Blix
Unread 13 Jun 2004, 19:39   #21
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Solo is a debit card you ******.