User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:42   #1
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quazi Starbucks is an unknown quantity at this point
Evesham.com more like This is a sham.com am i rite

im lazy, so here is a letter to trading standards

Trading Standards
The Calibration Centre
20 Marsh Common Road
Pilning
Bristol
South Gloucestershire
BS35 4JX

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing to you to seek advice concerning a purchase from Evesham Technology on 12/05/03, the item concerned was a Laptop costing £1,279.74.
At the start of November the laptop to develop problems, the first instance was the battery not charging at all which was a sudden occurrence, next the laptop would not start up at all, concerned, I phoned the Evesham technical Support Line (0870 160 9534) and Quoted the Systems Serial Number (WO01010143). It was picked up by Amtrak the following day; they said “It would take 7 to 10 working days for the laptop to be repaired”.
At around 12 working days following the pickup I was concerned and phoned the Technical Support Line, they said that the manufacturer was waiting for a part. I rang every couple of days until it was eventually returned to me on the 5th December.
A week later after hardly using the laptop it developed the same fault, annoyed, I phoned the Technical support Line and asked them to pick up the laptop, they explained they can do this on Monday 15th December, as I would be back in Bristol having broken up from the Michaelmas term that day I explained to the Technical Support Representative that I wanted the laptop to be picked up from my Bristol address.
After deciding to not take up my Employers request for me to work that day so I can wait for the courier I wait until 4pm where I decide to ring up the Technical Support Line, they say it should have been arranged and they give me Amtrak’s phone number, I then phone them and they confirm to me that Evesham has not made any request to pick up the laptop, I then ring the Technical Support line where they re-arrange it for the following day (16th November), I wait all day that day and as of around 3pm I decide to ring Amtrak, I am unable to get through. I then ring Evesham Technical Support where they tell me that a request has been made but “strangely they see no sign of them attempting to pick up the laptop”, they re-arrange it for Wednesday 17th November.
On the Morning of the 17th November I ring up Amtrak who confirm that Evesham have made no attempt to pick up the laptop. I am by this point enraged and decide to take the laptop down to my local Evesham shop in Merchant Street, Bristol. They say I have to wait for the laptop to be picked up as they need to inspect it, I show them the problem but they say they are still unable to help. I ring Technical Support again and ask to be put through to a manager. I then after lots of discussion with the manager about my consumer rights, he decides to not back down on the store policy. And I decide to take the train, and therefore another day of lost work, to the Head Office in Evesham (Cost of Train and Taxi £26). They book the laptop in at the head office. On Friday 19th December I ring the Customer Support Line (08707 299785) Quoting my RMA Number (89442) and asking about the status of the inspection of my laptop, where they were to inspect the laptop for problems and exchange it for a different model, they said that the repair center is “changing offices” and she promises she will get back to me. She doesn’t get back to me, so I ring again and they say that they will inspect it as soon as possible.
On Monday 22nd December I decide to ring the Customer Support Line again, and they say it is undergoing the inspection process, I considered the Christmas holidays and expected the inspection to have been finished by today (Monday 29th December).
Today I rang up the Customer Support line and they said to me that nothing was wrong with the laptop, even though I had shown the staff of Merchant Street, used a program to test the laptop myself which confirmed the memory, Memory or Main Board Controller, I ask to speak to a manager and he said that I am not entitled to a refund or replacement.
I am writing to you to request information on what I should do short of Civil action or going to the Press regarding this situation. As further information I bought thee laptop through Credit with HFC Bank, and I believe they are jointly liable, but I do not wish to contact them unless I cannot get further with Evesham. All I want is a totally different laptop than the current one as I am getting undue stress and am loosing money and also time studying because I do not have any computer based notes that I have for my course.
I hope you can help me with information in any way possible

Sincerely,
Craig Peters
Quazi Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:47   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Evesham.com more like This is a sham.com am i rite

You change from December in the first and second paragraphs, to November for a couple, and then back to december in subsequent ones.

Did it really take 11 months to get a new pickup date?

Oh, and 'used a program to test the laptop myself which confirmed the memory, Memory or Main Board Controller'

You tested to see if they were there?

You've also gone all Olde Englishe in the last para ('Thee laptop')

And finally... 'I do not have any computer based notes I have' isn't great. 'I cannot access any etc' is better.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:52   #3
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
You change from December in the first and second paragraphs, to November for a couple, and then back to december in subsequent ones.

Did it really take 11 months to get a new pickup date?

Oh, and 'used a program to test the laptop myself which confirmed the memory, Memory or Main Board Controller'

You tested to see if they were there?
so I did, fixed in letter not in post, for the reasons of posting just the letter
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:52   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

go to your bank if all else fails, as yes, they are jointly liable, basically, your bank will just screw evesham for the money untless they play ball
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:52   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
so I did, fixed in letter not in post, for the reasons of posting just the letter
????
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:54   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

lol.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:54   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

To be fair, your use of English throughout that letter is just shy of being complete shit.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 18:58   #8
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
To be fair, your use of English throughout that letter is just shy of being complete shit.
Thats wierd, I thought my english was shit, I did exeptionally well for me then
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 19:14   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Never has the phrase tl;dr been more applicable.
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 19:26   #10
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

evesham are dirty nasty spammers
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 20:47   #11
Quazi Starbucks
Heh

wow, didnt know they were spammers, looks as if i got more ammo for the highly likely civil law suit
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 21:22   #12
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazi Starbucks
Thats wierd, I thought my english was shit, I did exeptionally well for me then
I had exactly the same experience with Evesham.

My desktop died, they took it in (after 2 weeks of pissing around), sent it back to us (another week). We plugged it in. It didn't work. Oh, and they'd manage to dent it. So they arrange to pick it up again, my dad misses a total of 3 days work waiting for pick-ups that never came. He gets mad, speaks to a manager on the phone, we end up having them send a courier for it, and it came back (eventually), working, with a case without a dent.

Oh, of course the front of the case was cracked, but by this point we were so tired of it we couldn't be bothered to go through it all again.