User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jun 2003, 00:38   #1
FooFighter

FooFighter can only hope to improve
Sim City 3000

I just bought this game today and im having trouble working it.

It came without the manual so im screwed really, what do u expect in three for a tenner deals.

Can anyone tell me how u build housing ?? ive been playing for hours but still have not built one house or office building, i can get power plants, police station, schools etc, but i can't get a single house, help !!
FooFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 00:41   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
eh I have played it once and building houses is just like placing house sectors on the map and wait till those sims start to build and move in heh

maybe you should turn off the pause button?
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 00:47   #3
FooFighter

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
maybe you should turn off the pause button?
hehe, done that
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 01:29   #4
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Dear christ, lets hope you arent (planning) on becoming an architect.
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 02:39   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
3000? i take it this isnt the snes version (((

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 02:43   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Sim City 3000

Quote:
Originally posted by FooFighter
I just bought this game today and im having trouble working it.

It came without the manual so im screwed really, what do u expect in three for a tenner deals.

Can anyone tell me how u build housing ?? ive been playing for hours but still have not built one house or office building, i can get power plants, police station, schools etc, but i can't get a single house, help !!

Water? It depends on your distance from roads as well. And power plants must be connected by power-lines to your zones as i recall.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 06:16   #7
Crackmonkey
monkey on crack

Crackmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Just build an intersection by crossing two roadways, zone one of each type (residential, commercial, industrial). Start out with light density because it's cheaper, you can always re zone it later if you need/want more density. Build a power planet somewhat far away and run power lines from it to each zone. Build some water pumps (preferably near water), run the pipes to each zone, and make sure to run power lines to the pumps. Your town should start growing once all of that is in place. You don't need a connection to another city to start but it can help your city grow.
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 10:21   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
3000? i take it this isnt the snes version (((
That rocked. Although I had the US Version I think and in my glory city (still something like 30% of land free with population of 300k) some bastard wiped my game by nudging the cartridge.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 10:23   #9
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Hands up who thinks Foo is a warez boy?
Brought....my arse
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 10:27   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Woof
Hands up who thinks Foo is a warez boy?
I think I actually own a legal copy of Sim City 3000 for some reason, I must have had more money than sense for a few hours at some point.

Since I've no intention of playing the game again (and the CD is probably lost anyway) I hereby assign my liscence to him if he is, in fact, an evil warez type.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 10:36   #11
Woof
Banned

Woof is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you do that?
Woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 14:23   #12
FooFighter

lol, i got houses to appear, thanks fo rht help, especially connecting roads, power and water to the zones.

Heh, its a legal copy alright bought from game, was £5 or 3 for £10 i also got Gangster which i have no idea how to play (no manual again) and Dune 2000 which is **** really, doesn't touch C & C (no manual again) i think cos they r so cheap they don't come with a manual, last week i bought Red Alert from virgin for £5 it had no manual, they prolly just save money but not giving the manual with the game, which is ****, cos sometimes u need to read the manual especially in Sim City and Gangsters
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 15:38   #13
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If its one of those budget games, chances are the manual will be on the disc.
As for advice, start off building an industrial zone near the edge of the map, have a road link to your neighbour. This way the industry will get going because sims will commute to work there. Build a coal power plant (oil is a lot more expensive) and surround it with trees to soak up the pollution. Then build residential area's a long way from the industry (it'll improve the aura, which in turn boosts land values) and build a railway to the industrial zone(reduces traffic). Once you get the Mayors House (it should only take a few years), put it near one of the residential zones, it'll boost the aura(sims like living next door to their beloved leader). Scatter a few Landmarks about the place (especially the World Trade Center), and make sure disasters is switched off, then simply reduce funding to the Fire Dept to zero. It'll save money.
As for business deals, they're all good apart from the GigaMall, which will destroy your commercial zones. They cause a shed load of Negative Aura though, so make sure to stick them far from any sims.
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 15:41   #14
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
i actually paid money for this when it first came out

thought that it'd be one of the rare few games it's actually worth paying 30 quid for

i was wrong
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 17:13   #15
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought it too a few months ago (3 for £20 in game got settlers 3 and replaced my lost copy of ut).

Roads, you need roads. do a 4*10 rectange for zoning and have roads around it. should build up pretty quickly after that
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 23:16   #16
Jammers

Jammers has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Don't bother with roads. They just cause pollution, and pollution causes Negative Aura which makes your sims unhappy. Use railways and subways instead. But if you really must use roads, make sure to build lots of bus stops.
Unread 21 Jun 2003, 23:23   #17
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light
I can get simcity 4 to the unplayable-factor* in a matter of hours. Thats a profitable city, aswell.

*starts slowing the system to the extent it takes 5mins to do anything
Unread 22 Jun 2003, 14:06   #18
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by FooFighter
lol, i got houses to appear, thanks fo rht help, especially connecting roads, power and water to the zones.

Heh, its a legal copy alright bought from game, was £5 or 3 for £10 i also got Gangster which i have no idea how to play (no manual again) and Dune 2000 which is **** really, doesn't touch C & C (no manual again) i think cos they r so cheap they don't come with a manual, last week i bought Red Alert from virgin for £5 it had no manual, they prolly just save money but not giving the manual with the game, which is ****, cos sometimes u need to read the manual especially in Sim City and Gangsters
there will be a manual in pdf format on the disk.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 00:28   #19
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Dear christ, lets hope you arent (planning) on becoming an architect.
Architects don't build things you chimp.

Jolly good.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 01:08   #20
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by MrMighty
Architects don't build things you chimp.

Jolly good.
ar·chi·tect ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ärk-tkt)
n.
One who designs and supervises the construction of buildings or other large structures.
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 07:06   #21
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Exactly. A supervisor. But not a builder.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 11:50   #22
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Originally posted by MrMighty
Exactly. A supervisor. But not a builder.
I never said he was, I said that I hoped you wouldn't become one.

Do you actually cement bricks together in sc3000? no? then its supervision.
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 12:46   #23
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
You need to get more roids

oh and the manuals r probably on the cd, open the cd drive in explore mode and prehaps look in a folder called "manual" or something like that
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote