User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Nov 2012, 00:53   #51
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Re: "Winter Round" Suggestions

you started early planning! Good
You stopped planning all together? Bad :/

Go make it happen apocco
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2012, 10:39   #52
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
you started early planning! Good
You stopped planning all together? Bad :/

Go make it happen apocco

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 01:02   #53
Trunks
Fear The Reaper

Trunks is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't really see the point in increasing etas and decreasing tick length. Cancel each other out in a fashion. Keep ticks the same as to not favour the über active, and just reduce con/res/prod time instead?

I'd like to see 5 man private gals. More gals ftw.

Cluster eta bonus. Fighting for cluster superiority is something I miss. Maybe remove this half way through the round to prevent raping the same galaxies over and over? Would be fun for a while but wouldnt ruin your round if you lose cluster control.

Deffo different stats. I liked last rounds. Attacking orientated. This rounds stats were/are horrendous IMO.
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 09:32   #54
Illusion
Sex, Drugs & ROCK'n'roll

Illusion is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
please don't do random race. Analyzing stats and picking a race is the the fun part of pa.
Couldn't agree more with that!

I would like to see:
*6 planet gals, 2-4 man BPs + 2-4 randoms or 6 randoms.
*As many gals and clusters as possible
*No alliance ranking. Cluster naps/alliances.
*Cluster defence ETA -1
*Fast research (slowest research should be done 2/3 into round)
*30 minute ticks (10 in havoc)
*MT stats
I'm a little ambivalent when it comes to races and dists. Not having a xan race might make Terran a too strong, if the xan is removed the zik should outinit one of ters attack class atleast. I'm pro no dists due to there probably being no/little scanners around. I'm against if having a xan and that fakeing will be impossible when all have i scans.
Round 37-40: HeX DC
Round 41-42: ROCK DC/BC
Round 43: p3nguins
Round 44-49: Ultores
Round 50-56: ROCK HC
Round 57: Ultores
Round 58: p3nguins
Round 59: ROCK HC
Round 60-63: Astatores
Round 64-72: Retirement
Round 73-76: Astatores
Round 77-94: Retirement
Round 95-98: Phoenix
Round 99-101: ODDR
Round 102: Wildcards
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 11:23   #55
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

There's been a announcement already

Winter Round

The winter round signups will open on 7th December, with ticks starting on 14th December at 20:00. The winter round will be a free round, with races, government bonuses and ship statistics based roughly on last round (http://winter.planetarion.com).

Code is based on the Round 49 code, with the following changes:

-Buddy packs of 6
-No alliances
-No defence limitations
-2 Cluster defence ETA bonus
-Ticks will be 30 minutes long
-"Capture the Flag" mode enabled, with every galaxy having its own special asteroid.
-In-galaxy defence will be ETA 4 (news scan delays will change to 2 ticks to compromise).

There will be no prizes for this round, and any further changes will be announced closer to the time.

And yeah boring with same stats as last year (
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 19:27   #56
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
Don't really see the point in increasing etas and decreasing tick length. Cancel each other out in a fashion. Keep ticks the same as to not favour the über active, and just reduce con/res/prod time instead?

I'd like to see 5 man private gals. More gals ftw.

Cluster eta bonus. Fighting for cluster superiority is something I miss. Maybe remove this half way through the round to prevent raping the same galaxies over and over? Would be fun for a while but wouldnt ruin your round if you lose cluster control.

Deffo different stats. I liked last rounds. Attacking orientated. This rounds stats were/are horrendous IMO.
The whole point about making some things shorter is that we can fit a 4 week round into 2 weeks, which is (to be honest) a reasonable length for something fun over Christmas. Adjusting the ETAs means that you can almost survive getting some sleep.

stats are similar to last Christmas's stats, but will be tweaked to try and get rid of the strength (and popularity) of "Bad".

Generally - we're reusing as much as possible of last winter round so we can maybe spend time looking at other stuff instead rather than burning me out spending ages on the winter round.
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 21:18   #57
Trunks
Fear The Reaper

Trunks is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a plan