User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Jun 2005, 21:11   #51
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dr Who (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
back to the bad wolf, i was hoping it might have something to do with that adam guy (the one from corrie, who was in the first episode where the dalek appeared and subsequently travelled in the tardis into the future) since he was given that thing in the head on the space station, he absorbed 200,000 years of human history/ideas and then was plonked back down in 2005. with his knowledge of future events/technologies and his ability to get a hold of alien technologies on earth, i was epxecting him to be in some way involved in the whole 'bad wolf' thing.
That would've been so much cooler
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 21:11   #52
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
back to the bad wolf, i was hoping it might have something to do with that adam guy (the one from corrie, who was in the first episode where the dalek appeared and subsequently travelled in the tardis into the future) since he was given that thing in the head on the space station, he absorbed 200,000 years of human history/ideas and then was plonked back down in 2005. with his knowledge of future events/technologies and his ability to get a hold of alien technologies on earth, i was epxecting him to be in some way involved in the whole 'bad wolf' thing.
plus the doctor had pissed him off mightily, and he'd had first hand experience of a dalek. i put a fiver on it being him
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2005, 21:20   #53
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
plus the doctor had pissed him off mightily, and he'd had first hand experience of a dalek. i put a fiver on it being him
also, tho i admit i dont know much about the old dr whos (so i dont know if this is possible) look at these two pics
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/galle...ery/800/20.jpg
http://www.answers.com/main/content/...0px-Davros.jpg
notice what they have in common? i know davros is a kaled and not human, but it is a bit of a coincidence that people with a better imagination than me could have worked into the plot.

i think really the ending just had no effort at all to it, over the build up and intrigue of the entire series i would have thought they could have come up with something better than essentially rose wishing them dead and it being so
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 07:42   #54
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
All my writings make perfect sense. PERFECT.
you did use their instead of they're earlier though. I have been contemplating whether it is really "wrong" to do so anymore, since it is so common, and since I started learning Chinese, the complexity of western languages grammar annoys me now. Otherwise, very good, carry on.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 12:30   #55
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

I thought that a Timelord could only regenrate a maximum of 9 times?

But Christopher Eccleston to David Tennant is the 10th transformantion. Can somebody clear this up?
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 12:46   #56
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Strider
I thought that a Timelord could only regenrate a maximum of 9 times?

But Christopher Eccleston to David Tennant is the 10th transformantion. Can somebody clear this up?
You're wrong.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 12:57   #57
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

First incarnation: William Hartnell
Second incarnation: Patrick Troughton
Third incarnation: Jon Pertwee
Fourth incarnation: Tom Baker
Fifth incarnation: Peter Davison
Sixth incarnation: Colin Baker
Seventh incarnation: Sylvester McCoy
Eighth incarnation: Paul McGann
Ninth incarnation: Christopher Eccleston
Tenth incarnation: David Tennant.

I will try to find where they say that a timelord can only have a maximum of 9 incarnations.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 13:03   #58
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
First incarnation: William Hartnell
Second incarnation: Patrick Troughton
Third incarnation: Jon Pertwee
Fourth incarnation: Tom Baker
Fifth incarnation: Peter Davison
Sixth incarnation: Colin Baker
Seventh incarnation: Sylvester McCoy
Eighth incarnation: Paul McGann
Ninth incarnation: Christopher Eccleston
Tenth incarnation: David Tennant.

I will try to find where they say that a timelord can only have a maximum of 9 incarnations.
It's always been 12 regenerations, implying 13 different doctors.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 13:04   #59
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It's always been 12 regenerations, implying 13 different doctors.
Ah yes, I was mistaken.

Sorry bout that. Im stupid :/
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 13:06   #60
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I have to admit i'll have respect for the franchise if they stick to their word and make it 13 doctors then out. Consistency and coherence ****ing rules

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 13:10   #61
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Apparently there are ways of extending the number of lives a Doctor can have. The Time Council can grant more lives if they deem it neccessary. But I guess theyre all dead after the Time War.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 13:21   #62
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Apparently there are ways of extending the number of lives a Doctor can have. The Time Council can grant more lives if they deem it neccessary. But I guess theyre all dead after the Time War.
It's a fictional program, I'm sure they can have as many doctors as they like if they feel like it.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 13:48   #63
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Consistency and coherence ****ing rules
Internal consistency is great if it's unimportant stuff (having the Tardis randomly be red in one episode for no apparent reason would be silly, for instance), but when it gets in the way of writing good stories, which limiting the number of Doctors probably would end up doing, then it's not really worth it. They can always explain it away if necessary, anyway.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 14:51   #64
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Maybe they can say "Oops, bit of a typo there, it's not 13, it's 13 trillion!!!!!!!!"
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 15:00   #65
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
Internal consistency is great if it's unimportant stuff (having the Tardis randomly be red in one episode for no apparent reason would be silly, for instance), but when it gets in the way of writing good stories, which limiting the number of Doctors probably would end up doing, then it's not really worth it.
I disagree. Even though it's been going for quite so long, the established canonical restrictions are pretty few in number on Doctor Who, and it's perfectly possible to write good stories within them.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 16:31   #66
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
also, tho i admit i dont know much about the old dr whos (so i dont know if this is possible) look at these two pics
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/galle...ery/800/20.jpg
http://www.answers.com/main/content/...0px-Davros.jpg
notice what they have in common? i know davros is a kaled and not human, but it is a bit of a coincidence that people with a better imagination than me could have worked into the plot.
Sorry, I don't understand this.

I've only seen 2-3 episodes of the new Doctor Who, even though I intend to watch it. I always forget it's on

So are you implying that that guy is supposed to be Davros? Or that the makers of the show are implying it?

Wha?
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 16:37   #67
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

does anyone even count paul mcgann?

if so, why?

i thought we just pretended that never happened.
Unread 20 Jun 2005, 18:38   #68
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Sorry, I don't understand this.

I've only seen 2-3 episodes of the new Doctor Who, even though I intend to watch it. I always forget it's on

So are you implying that that guy is supposed to be Davros? Or that the makers of the show are implying it?

Wha?
well sort of, but not really, just yeah they both have that thing on the head bit of a coincidence, i was expecting themto make more of a story out of his role. i know if i was given all knowledge of the next 200,000 years i would use it for evil
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 09:05   #69
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
It's a fictional program, I'm sure they can have as many doctors as they like if they feel like it.
there is a story where the doctor is on a ridiculously high life. but it is non canonical.

that being said, there just isn't a time council anymore, since the other timelords were wiped out.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2005, 21:32   #70
Yurgeta
Lord Yurgeta

Yurgeta is an unknown quantity at this point

the ending was poor.. and its a shame the dude is only doing 1 season.. i thought he was hesterical. had me laughing all the time and billy piper did a good job playing rose its a shame shes leaveing also.. the new doctor im not so kean on.. i thought casanova was rubish i didnt like him in that..

also the old doctor who series are good considering then level of technolagy they had.. but still the last ep was poor.. considering if the darleks servived the doctor could just go back intime and prevent it completely from happeneing at no cost to anone realy.. cause if he gose back and make sure they dont servive then they wouldnt invade in the first place.. i also reacon they should get to the part were they tell you wot happened with the doctors grand daughter and duaghter.. cause there is no mention about them.. it would be nice to know wot happened to them..

i think rose is a decendent of the doctor cause there connection was so strong from the start..
Round 16 - Retired
Round 17 - Retired
Yurgeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2005, 02:11   #71
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

billie piper still can't act.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia