User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:27   #1
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
RE: Seriously, your missing the point

Drawing on my experience as an ex-moderator of this board, I fail to see what was crap about Hobbie's thread that was closed. It certainly wasn't spam, and certainly isn't worth the laughable threat of being banned. Oh noes! It's not as if we are going to be using these forums for much longer anyway is it?

Comedy dancing 'smiley's aside, deleting/closing threads just because you don't like what has been posted (read: The truth hurts, don't it), is simply just fascism, that has no place on the internet.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:29   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
karm's a twat

warning one^?

a stupid ****ing twat

warning two^?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:31   #3
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
"you're"

My being a pedantic aside, I'm just reminding those of us who've been around 'a long time' at just how far the Planetarion Forums have fallen in recent years. It's as if we enjoy an area we can all beat a dead horse (even in complaining), so I'm just enjoying the one last 'go' at how obviously poop it's all become.

P.S. I have to mow the lawn now and I'm not as braindead as I enjoy appearing.*

*I called soccer 'football' in real life the other day!
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:32   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'm still waiting for an explanation about someone else being able to use my forum account.

Anyone care to comment Karmulian ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:35   #5
Karmulian

Vaio - problem is resolved now

Belgy - it wasn't closed as being a crap thread it was closed cause it was the 3rd "seriously" thread in 5 minutes

(though oddly enough the first one wichih i replid to has disappeared)

as to the smilies they r a temporary thing - i was asked for them by users and i put them on
as the forums ain't around for much longer i'm doing pretty much most requests

rag - i don't care what u thinkg of me
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:36   #6
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Karmulian
That was me and it was ****.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:36   #7
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I must have missed the explanation and the apology

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:36   #8
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
I've been saying for two years that things haven't been as good round here, but still I stick around in the hopes that the good times will return, as I'm sure they will. Possibly.

Who knows, with shiny new forums maybe things will start to pick up, and I for one am grateful for that slim hope, even if it means having to reg another account and say goodbye to this one. You can't have everything in life, it's a harsh lesson, but once you learn it things don't seem nearly as bad.

I just wish that some people would leave the moderating to the moderators, and concentrate on what they are actually good at.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:38   #9
Karmulian

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
I must have missed the explanation and the apology

Vaio
u didn't miss it there wasn;t one

no-one ever told me ur acc was hacked
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:38   #10
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Quote:
Belgy - it wasn't closed as being a crap thread it was closed cause it was the 3rd "seriously" thread in 5 minutes
Quote:
Hobbie

stop posting crap threads or seriously i will ban u
You be the judge (lolz) kids!
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:39   #11
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: RE: Seriously, your missing the point

Quote:
Originally posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
...fascism, that has no place on the internet.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:39   #12
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Actually, it was only the 'second' one. But your counting is improving!*

Quote:
I suggest you either a) recall your deleting it or b) consult with your local Moderator Team.

Quote:
as the forums ain't around for much longer i'm doing pretty much most requests
I request that the new forums aren't nearly as crap in handling as their former versions.

*Unfortunately, your spelling leaves much to be seen... read... etc.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:42   #13
Karmulian

my spelling is normally good
however i have been up for 22hrs
and am so looking forward to going back to work in 5 hrs :/
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:44   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Quote:
u didn't miss it there wasn;t one

You didn't think an apology was necessary ?

And you mods really should talk amongst yourselves more. At least one mod knew and I have commented on it a couple of times. Although, surely you should have known as you kinda do the forum stuff do you not or am I mistaken ?

Vaioyou

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:45   #15
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
my spelling is normally good
however i have been up for 22hrs
and am so looking forward to going back to work in 5 hrs :/
Get off the forums and go to bed then.

Duh.
Unread 30 Sep 2003, 23:58   #16
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

You're saying as administrator of this forum you weren't aware that multiple accounts were 'hacked' via some exploit or other?

I could have sworn one of the mods quoted you as saying that you were aware of the issue but couldn't be bothered to do anything about it cos we were about to leave these forums.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 00:02   #17
Pavil

some people find accecptance in their lonely lives on the internet

some people find purpose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is karm's greatest acchievement.

its a phase for the rest of us.

COME ON KURA, IM IN A DIFFERENT DIMENSION SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT!

p

p.s. karm = kura
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 00:04   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
big up karm tbh ;(

NOBODY CARES WHEN YOU POST "These forums aint what they were"

If you give a ****, then make them better yourself instead of whining for days that frankly, werent as good as you make out you over nostalgic fools

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 00:12   #19
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
NOBODY CARES WHEN YOU POST "These forums aint what they were"
Actually, this assessment is incorrect. Were it the case, the overall result after the fact wouldn't have garnered this much attention.

Quote:
If you give a ****, then make them better yourself instead of whining for days that frankly, werent as good as you make out you over nostalgic fools
It's a tried and true process, which eventually does nothing but entertain the bored temporarily. The past is always better than the future - I mean hell, 'swearing will be allowed' on the new forums. Old in a few weeks, just you wait and see.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 00:39   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
my point is once again (i cant believe how many times ive had this discussion) that in 2000 you had a "post new thread" button and a blank screen, and in 2003 you have the same. if you want the boards to be good, do what youve been doing for 3 years or what you did 3 years ago or whatever.

The old days probably were better but not by any considerable margin. Its just that nothing is new anymore. Go to any board and youll find the same

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 08:13   #21
Karmulian

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
You're saying as administrator of this forum you weren't aware that multiple accounts were 'hacked' via some exploit or other?

I could have sworn one of the mods quoted you as saying that you were aware of the issue but couldn't be bothered to do anything about it cos we were about to leave these forums.

i wasn't aware vaio's account was hacked - i know yours was
it wasnt' a case of nto being bothered - it was a case of why.. when 3 days later the accs were gonna be deleted

anyways as we havent moved forums i found the problem and shut it
why it was a problem to begin with i have no idea - investigations continue
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 08:41   #22
Ragnarak

Quote:
it was a case of why.. when 3 days later the accs were gonna be deleted
Because our accounts could easily contain private information eg. our private messages?

But anyway, thanks for actually fixing it.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 08:47   #23
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough
Does anyone else think we shouldn't have an admin that uses "u" instead of "you"?

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 09:27   #24
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
It's a tried and true process, which eventually does nothing but entertain the bored temporarily. The past is always better than the future - I mean hell, 'swearing will be allowed' on the new forums. Old in a few weeks, just you wait and see.
I actually agree with this.

Bread and Circuses is really not going to help anyone in the long term.
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 09:31   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
I actually agree with this.

Bread and Circuses is really not going to help anyone in the long term.
It's fine in isolation, it's just it doesn't actually have any validity as a reply to 'If the boards are so crap, maybe you should post less crap on them'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 10:24   #26
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
Hence me replying to it specifically, in isolation.

:mc:
sayonara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 13:14   #27
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
thinking that this improvement...

Quote:

:mc:
..is crap, deserves a ban!

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 14:14   #28
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
-
Your sig is too big.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 15:03   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by sayonara
Hence me replying to it specifically, in isolation.
You stated you agreed with it, which, by the language you are using, means that you agreed with the point it was making; however, the point it was attempting to make was utterly irrelevent, so (etc etc)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 15:17   #30
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Exclamation My £20 for banning Hobbit is still hot. Any takers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 18:25   #31
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Arrow Here here!

Unread 1 Oct 2003, 18:27   #32
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation The whip-round for the 'Banning Oracle' cause raised £15,000

Yes indeedy.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2003, 18:41   #33
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Bonus option! Ban MM. 2 for the price of three!

Yes you heard me. Ban MM and Hobbitrought and get £60, yes, sixtyquid for keeping them stuffed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote