User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Mar 2004, 04:07   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Boys are better than girls

It seems that a recent study undertaken in America would suggest that although Girls are 'ahead' at school and get better results in examinations they are ill prepared for the real world.

This is how i understood what i read :

Girls represent 'old school' learning. They might be great at maths, english etc etc but if you put them infront of a computer or ask them to program a tv etc etc they cant.

However men have embraced new technology and a far larger percentage know what theyre doing with it. However, this isnt assessed and isnt taught at schools.

In effect,

Women are preparing for a society that not longer truly exists. One which revolved around the industrial revolution.

Men are preparing themselves for a society that embraces technology and the future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3494490.stm

what do you guys think?
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 04:08   #2
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Re: Boys are better than girls

i think its a load of bollocks.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 04:08   #3
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

sexist pig, go to hell
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 04:22   #4
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

Im glad I hate women

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 04:28   #5
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

or it may just be that women are still socialized in such a manner that discourages them from using technology, ie boys get a game cube and girls get a barbie. The women who break the moid (ie "tomboys") tend to be just as prepared in the real world as men.

Of course, this argument's been going on for ages....behaviourists vs naturalists. Is it genetic or environmental?
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 05:35   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
sexist pig, go to hell

i hope your being "funny"
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 06:05   #7
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

I think this had to do with the demand for video games.

most video games are male oriented...

to play the newest video games, you nead to update your technology=finding out about your technology....

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 06:37   #8
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

It's strange how they present reams of fairly well-known statistics, then present a rather hand-wavey (well, historically based) argument.

The simple version of the argument misses out the non-vocational aspects of education, which is a bit funny seeing as it's sociology, which doesn't fit in to the whole industrial-educational complex thing as nicely. But again you could look at how our schools rarely even pretend to study social, managerial, human endevours (maybe that's more to with those being adult things, I haven't thought about it too much).

I had to think about the argument a bit before seeing what they're actually saying. This is a reaction against male-female differences, yeah? School can't provide well for boys or girls, but people only worry about the differences (or it's only the differences that make news), and then need a book to explain that's wrong. That's seems a bit watered-down to me, but I guess it's good for arguing against "girls are better than boys" arguments.

More political context is needed! Why don't people already know this, don't they have sympathy for their children? Do you know anything more than the article? Do they present any concrete proposals? I can't imagine British schools being properly hacker-centric so I'd like to hear more about how things could be done better. I'd hate to think this sort of reaction will prompt top-down, ineffectual changes in the National Curriculum etc like IT Key Skills. It's great to see people tackling the big misconceptions out there though. And pld them, school/uni was/is shit.

Last edited by queball; 15 Mar 2004 at 06:42.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 07:12   #9
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i hope your being "funny"
You seem to have taken a particularly belligerent view of this report. Educational discipline found to be largely pointless, as evidenced by relative achievement levels between sexes, between education and industry. Girls tend to take an 'old school' approach to education, boys take a 'new school' approach - that doesn't show anything about the relative merits of the sexes to me. Perhaps I'm Danteing your humour, and that wasn't your intention.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 08:11   #10
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

that is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 08:31   #11
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Women excel at what they are told to do and taught to use.

Men excel at using things they aren't told anything about and creating things as nature has always demanded.

As it stands Education these days is ridiculously out of date and you'll never hold the vast attention of a male teaching them about things that are irrelevant to coping with life's modern pressures in industry and technology, Women are just frankly too easily led and encourageable.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 09:17   #12
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

i think your life is in danger from about 50% of the population now
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 09:52   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Perhaps I'm Danteing your humour, and that wasn't your intention.
Don't verb me you hate fascist.

This report is stupid. The majority of people are just shit. Fortunately most jobs are shit too. It's a nice balance. It means we can all live meaningless dull lives doing pointless tasks until our bodies decay and we die. Who gives a flying **** if one group is .5% ahead of another one in achieving promotions in these meaningless crap jobs? Wow, I'm a white man I feel so ready for the knowledge economy. Does that get me out of checking 500 rent letters later, or writing some stupid correspondence to idiotic half-wits for directors who can't be bothered to do it themselves?

-- Dante Hicks reporting on Monday Morning.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 10:19   #14
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bad day Dante ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 10:50   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was awake until 4am writing a stupid letter. Up at 6:45am.

Still, I'm sure the day will improve.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 10:50   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
i think your life is in danger from about 50% of the population now

52% if your in england
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 11:20   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Don't verb me you hate fascist.
Don't make me adverb you.

YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ADVERBED
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 11:21   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
52% if your in england
30% if you're at Peterhouse.
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 11:46   #19
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

true dat. plus if you turn a little boy over, they are just like a little girl.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 11:46   #20
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
52% if your in england
you're.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 18:24   #21
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Women are receiving a proper education which involves learning how to think in general principles, even if they have to be somewhat adapted to apply to concrete problems.

Men are preparing themselves for a lifetime of shitty office/management jobs involving typing things into computers.
I fixed the last part of your post.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 18:29   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On a side note. any study involving mainly state schools and the "National Curriculum" is going to be essentially meaningless due to the worthless of the state education system.

Do a fully private school only survey and then I'll take notice. Id be surprised if there were significantly different inter-gender performance levels within real schools, or universities.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 21:01   #23
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
any study involving mainly state schools and the "National Curriculum" is going to be essentially meaningless due to the worthless of the state education system.
On what grounds do you base that?
Unread 15 Mar 2004, 21:05   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Boys are better than girls
ITT JJ states the obvious
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 10:56   #25
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
you're.
damn you

oh, and T&F, i am a male who likes my job, and it does entail a hell of a lot of work, despite what people say about it (i work in a library dont'cha know)
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 12:09   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
damn you

oh, and T&F, i am a male who likes my job, and it does entail a hell of a lot of work, despite what people say about it (i work in a library dont'cha know)

Nobody likes their job. Don't contradict Marx you player hater.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 12:56   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
oh, and T&F, i am a male who likes my job
And yet in this thread, you complained of low pay, and asked for madi to fwd you job ads.

I can feel the <3 for your job from here.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:05   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
And yet in this thread, you complained of low pay, and asked for madi to fwd you job ads.

I can feel the <3 for your job from here.
Yeah because wanting to get paid more for what you do is obviously an indication you hate your job. In fact my complaining about not getting paid for browsing the internet shows that in fact I hate using the internet. Holmes I must congratulate you and your team of trained chimps for working this one out and saving the rest of us so much hassle.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:08   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Yeah because wanting to get paid more for what you do is obviously an indication you hate your job. In fact my complaining about not getting paid for browsing the internet shows that in fact I hate using the internet. Holmes I must congratulate you and your team of trained chimps for working this one out and saving the rest of us so much hassle.
You forgot to write something sarcastic and pointless about the wanting another job bit.

Don't worry, you've got plenty of time.

p.s. And complaining about low pay (i.e. your standard of pay being significantly lower than others) is differerent from simply wanting more money. But you're a bright lad so I'm sure you knew that. xxx
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:11   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
You forgot to write something sarcastic and pointless about the wanting another job bit.

Don't worry, you've got plenty of time.

p.s. And complaining about low pay (i.e. your standard of pay being significantly lower than others) is differerent from simply wanting more money. But you're a bright lad so I'm sure you knew that. xxx

One person is paid more than him and he writes "damn you i only get paid x" on the internet. This is totally unrelated to overall standards of pay (and I'm sure he gets paid more than the worldwide average). Neither did he mention how many hours he worked versus how many hours madi worked.

Say my name bitch.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:12   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Dante 1 JBG 0
Pld.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:17   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

You've become a bit of a MrL-style poster recently. On a sidenote thinking your employer is a bastard doesn't mean you hate your job either. What is it with these arguments? Did someone use my account on the weekend to call you two gay or something?
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:18   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Scores like a fox
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:19   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You've become a bit of a MrL-style poster recently. On a sidenote thinking your employer is a bastard doesn't mean you hate your job either. What is it with these arguments? Did someone use my account on the weekend to call you two gay or something?
lol ur gay

[edit]

Internet subcategory cool
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:20   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

Deep river runs its course
To a warm horizon
Shadows of falling leaves
October moon and rusty skies
Ever changing feelings
The seeds of autumn in my mind

The hiding sun, like the hiding sun
Feels like it's just begun.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:24   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

As so with that, I thought I'd take a final walk
The tide of public opinion had started to abate
The neighbours, bless them, had turned out to be all talk
I could see their frightened faces
Peering at me through the gate

I was looking for an end to this, for some kind of closure
Time moved so rapidly, I had no hope of keeping track of it
I thought of my friends who had died of exposure
And I remembered other ones who had died from the lack of it

And in my best shoes I started falling forward down the street
I stopped at a church and jostled through the crowd
And love followed just behind me, panting at my feet
As the steeple tore the stomach from a lonely little cloud

Inside I sat, seeking the presence of a God
I searched through the pictures in a leather - bound book
I found a woolly lamb dozing in an issue of blood
And a gilled Jesus shivering on a fisherman's hook
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:27   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

I have to start looking for a job soon. Running out of drinking money

Sort of difficult to find decent jobs in Dublin at the minute. It'll be worse when those damn eastern european immigrants arrive though!
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:29   #38
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I'm off to work, as it happens!
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 13:32   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

I'm sitting here in my dressing gown doing my cv.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 14:15   #40
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is all nonsense anyway becasue all the girls I know care about their jobs whereas all the men I have met hate their jobs unless it is a job where they don't actually have to try in any way. Also since when were boys not good at maths as I understood it that was the only good thing they were good at. This whole debate reminds me of the neoteny debacle.

Most cases I have seen where men hate their jobs it's due to customer/management relations breaking down. Women do not get ridden as much partly due to how society treats that gender and partly I'd say because the laws tend to be in their favour (anti-sexism, harassment etc).
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 14:36   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
When you say laws in their favour, you mean the right to be respected and not be groped and otherwise demeaned?

People hate their jobs becasue many people have other priorities in their lives then their jobs. Furhtermore it is hard to find a job that suits and of course not everyone has the luxury of choice and has to take whatever job comes along. BUT even if one finds a nice job, after a while the grind can get you down.

As for society treating women better, it is still the case that women get paid less than men.
Maybe that's because women are shit at shit?

At this point in time I'd like to nominate myself for greatest person on the internet ever.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 14:57   #42
roadrunner_0
cynic

dante: just to clear some stuff up about my job, i work for local govt. on scale 1 pay, this means i am on the lowest pay scale that you can get for my job.
i love my job though, i am working with books, i have always loved books, always will do, i would love to get a career as a library professional
if you had access to various e mails and pm's, you wouild know that the job ad's madi sends me are for information and library professionals, thus trying to stay within the same sphere of work, as i really do like it (although i am thinkking about trying to get ahead in the university library sector as working in local govt. atm seems like banging my head against a brick wall)

in summary: i love my job but acknowledge that my employer is shit
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 15:04   #43
roadrunner_0
cynic

hehehehehe
sorry if that came across a bit harsh btw, i have been on my soap box for the last couple of days due to various events both on and offline :/
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 15:44   #44
JammyJim
Godfather

I would like to point out that i dont agree with the results.
Attitude isnt taken into account. Why they embrace technology isnt etc etc.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 16:12   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
i love my job but acknowledge that my employer is shit
I'm probably being pedantic here, but it sounds like you like the work you do, but dislike your job. Your job includes your conditions (rates of pay), the people you work with, etc.

Saying you love your job but are looking for a new one, aren't paid enough, aren't treated by your employers well, etc sounds a bit odd.

I really love computers and like helping people, but didn't really like doing the specific job of working in tech support.
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 16:38   #46
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

girls and boys are different
each are better than the other at different things generally
dont think either is better or worse when considered as a whole
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 23:24   #47
roadrunner_0
cynic

hm, ok, try a different way of putting it, i like my job, i like the actual work and find it interesting, i like the challenges it brings me, i even dont particularly mind the pay (im 23 and earning £11k a year, not a lot but its paying my bills)
the downside is the actual attitude of the employers themselves, our ultimate boss is a politician rather than a library and information proffesional, this mean he makes really really bad decisions (such as withdrawing support for external training courses), that is what i dont like, it doesnt directly affect my personal job, but it does affect me as a person, as it is making me look elsewhere for personal development, as i know that my department are not going to pay for this
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 23:34   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
i like the challenges it brings me
like reading am i rite?
Unread 16 Mar 2004, 23:37   #49
roadrunner_0
cynic

mark, i do a hell of a lot, and you should know this, i have stayed over at your house after meetings and stuff
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 10:16   #50
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

girls are crap at mario kart.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote