User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Jan 2004, 14:45   #1
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
R11 alliance scoring suggestion

please note. the below is my own views/ideas and does not in any way reflect the views/ideas of the pa team.

rather than scoring alliances based on their member's scores, score them on their member's actions.

as was demonstrated last round, basing alliance scores on the size of their members can lead to such unsavoury antics as recruiting enemy players in the last few weeks in order to get an alliance win. if instead alliance score is based on a member's actions while in that alliance then this will be much less effective, as new members will bring no score to the alliance.

so, i'd suggest giving score to the alliance for:
successful attacks (more for attacks on enemy alliances?)
successful defences (probably with some score if the attacker recalls, depending on the eta they recalled at)
successful covert ops (assuming they're in)

i'm sure there's other things that people can suggest.

as well as solving problems with ship jumpers, this could, if done right, help with stagnation later on in the round. if you have to be attacking and defending in order to get alliance score then anyone sitting in a block safe and sound is soon going to be trailing.

again, this is only an idea. if you don't like it, fair enough, if you can suggest improvements, great.

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 14:51   #2
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: R11 alliance scoring suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
please note. the below is my own views/ideas and does not in any way reflect the views/ideas of the pa team.

rather than scoring alliances based on their member's scores, score them on their member's actions.

as was demonstrated last round, basing alliance scores on the size of their members can lead to such unsavoury antics as recruiting enemy players in the last few weeks in order to get an alliance win. if instead alliance score is based on a member's actions while in that alliance then this will be much less effective, as new members will bring no score to the alliance.

so, i'd suggest giving score to the alliance for:
successful attacks (more for attacks on enemy alliances?)
successful defences (probably with some score if the attacker recalls, depending on the eta they recalled at)
successful covert ops (assuming they're in)

i'm sure there's other things that people can suggest.

as well as solving problems with ship jumpers, this could, if done right, help with stagnation later on in the round. if you have to be attacking and defending in order to get alliance score then anyone sitting in a block safe and sound is soon going to be trailing.

again, this is only an idea. if you don't like it, fair enough, if you can suggest improvements, great.

-mist
Interesting idea but what can be deemed successfull is really in the eye of the beholder. Also it wont help with stagnation imo, attacking the dead block will yield score if done enough and there is less chance of a dead block resisting you. It wouldnt really prompt me to take any risks.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 14:54   #3
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

the dead block would be smaller than you tho, perhaps if the score you gain were related to the (relative?) size of opponent?

-mist
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 15:01   #4
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
the dead block would be smaller than you tho, perhaps if the score you gain were related to the (relative?) size of opponent?

-mist
You'd also have to define the size of the "block" - something that I'm sure you want to avoid :P
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 15:03   #5
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

so basically make value and score more different then....

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 15:09   #6
Yeggstry
Connection Established...

Yeggstry has a little shameless behaviour in the past

This idea also means that the major alliances will bash the active planets and get them to join their alliance....

Hmmmmmmmmm... that sounds familiar (lo Jurgen and co. at Dragons on Rimmerz in R10).

Edit: this is NOT a flame, I only speak the truth from what I have seen/heard.
R5 - 36:10:16 (Armada)
R6 - 32:16:13 (ViruS)
R7 - 26:3:14 (Infection LT/ViruS TO) (#364 planet, #34 gal)
R8 - 4:3:1 then 3:8:4 (ViruS TO)
R9 - 47:10:5 (ViruS Gaming Community (VGC) Tech Op)
R9.5 - 23:6:4 (VGC Tech Op) (#462 planet)
R10 - 5:2:3 then 5:3:1 (ViruS/Eclipse, #419 planet), Portal Coder
R11 - retired from PA
Yeggstry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 15:39   #7
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalVirtus
so basically make value and score more different then....
i was thinking use value for planets and score for alliances.

-mist
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 15:58   #8
PowerAbusingMod

sum1 move this to the suggestions board ta
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 16:42   #9
TheACE
Heroes For Life

TheACE can only hope to improve

interesting idea. But saying something like: 1 month befor end of round u r not allowed to get more member.
should also work (that is what i think). that is if that is the only prob u want to solve, otherwise: Good idea, still not sure if i am for it.

an other idea: I WANT MY TAG BACK

R 4 n00bie [ACID]
R 5 [+] Crusader / [BD] Member - [DUH] Triad with [HR] & [UV]
R 6 [BD] Member - [HyB] Alliance with [HR] / [Pack] Wolves - [FoS] Fusion of Seven
R 7 [WP] Member/Officer - [NewX] Alliances of [NoS], [Ely] and [Xan]
R 8 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9 [WP] Officer - Alliance with [Ely]
R 9,5[WP] Officer
R 10 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 10,5 [WP] Officer / [Heroes] HC
R 11 [1up] pe0n -> QUIT, back to RL
[Ð] Together we stand, Devided we Fall
TheACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 16:55   #10
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerAbusingMod
I presume Mist posted it here to grab more peoples attentions and it is to do with alliances so it can stay here.
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 17:07   #11
PowerAbusingMod

This is "Alliance Discussions" not "Alliance Suggestions" just like "Planetarion Discussions" is not "Planetarion Suggestions" Thus move it or create a subforum
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 17:14   #12
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

No.
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 17:18   #13
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
No.
fixed

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 18:55   #14
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

This wouldn't work functionally (loopholes tied up, etc) without adding more elements into the way alliance are coded into the game...formal states of war, neutrality, declarations of war, surrendering, etc.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 20:26   #15
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

and from what i see its still is the same problem, a bigger alliance has more members, thus will gain more scoring points for ops as they can do more then smaller alliances. The only way to avoid that is to have average score for each alliance, but then again that doesn't reflect the true power on the battle field as a small alliance could be on top then while a big one would wipe the floor with that alliance if in war... I think there is no way of making a "fair" ranking when you have alliances coded into the game
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 01:36   #16
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerAbusingMod
Delete this account ta.

That aside, interesting idea.

The issue becomes with an untested and possible unmeritted system is that there will be come an appart easy way out that no matter how hard the designers and testers try some perverse mind will come up with a way to defeat the point.

I'm afraid the only things in my mind which are tried and tested are roids and value.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 02:03   #17
auther pendragon

auther pendragon is an unknown quantity at this point

they could sort the recruiting to victory stuff with some sort of sliding scale stuff
i.e after 120 ticks set limit of say 5 in any 100 ticks 9 in 200 ect
auther pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 07:53   #18
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

What about alliance score is the Total amount of score gained by members of the allaince.
If a top player leaves his allaince, his gained points during his stay will stay added to the allaince score. All score that is gained after he left are added to the amount of his new alliance.

I see one possible problem, what will you do with score loss? If you distract it from the total, you can play nasty tricks when moving to another allaince.

For Exampla. Gain 16 Mil score add it up to MISTU, leave MISTU, lose 16 Mil score, this will be distracted from his new allaince, Eclipse.....

But well, at least it's an idea to think about?
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 19:11   #19
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

why not, have it so allainces can declare war on other allainces but also surrender to other allainces, so lets say FAnG are attacking Eclipse, Eclipse can surrender and offer FAnG chance to recall, if FAnG do recall they score alot of points, and Eclipse lose alot, if u get me :S
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 19:19   #20
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Thunderball
What about alliance score is the Total amount of score gained by members of the allaince.
If a top player leaves his allaince, his gained points during his stay will stay added to the allaince score. All score that is gained after he left are added to the amount of his new alliance.

I see one possible problem, what will you do with score loss? If you distract it from the total, you can play nasty tricks when moving to another allaince.

For Exampla. Gain 16 Mil score add it up to MISTU, leave MISTU, lose 16 Mil score, this will be distracted from his new allaince, Eclipse.....

But well, at least it's an idea to think about?
tbh, whatever scoring system there will be implemented, most pple will value score and roids. Also most players don't need to see official stats to see what alliances did great during a round and they don't need final rankings to say "mmm ohh look, Eclipse wasn't shit after all".

(Focht it was a JOKE, I could aswell have taken another alliance but hey ... I wub ya)

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 2004, 19:29   #21
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
tbh, whatever scoring system there will be implemented, most pple will value score and roids. Also most players don't need to see official stats to see what alliances did great during a round and they don't need final rankings to say "mmm ohh look, Eclipse wasn't shit after all".

(Focht it was a JOKE, I could aswell have taken another alliance but hey ... I wub ya)

rgds Kj
busy sucking up to rj ? :P

alot of good ideas but none of them will prevent abuse. The simple solution would be to allow in the late game (1-1.5 month before end) only to add ppl if you kick someone before or/and add a maximum of 1 player per day, while 2-3 weeks before end any recruitment is forbidden.
This basically would give alot of problems to "recruiters" and additionally if someone uses the system to his/her advantage clearly some "skill" and "thought" would be required.
Nevertheless everyone knows that even with pulling a recruiting stunt youll not gain the player related reward for winning the round. In old times eversince there were different measurements for winners, which were not neccessarily related to top planet or top gal or tag ranking (the only early value comparisons).
An politically strong alliance or fullfillings its own task (like deus) was always highly valued within the players perception of "winner" regardless of their pure "stats" ingame.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote