User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:34   #1
Smudgey
MisEducated

Smudgey is an unknown quantity at this point
#planetarion

Greetings one and all

let me tell you a story

many winters ago (well 2), my brother got me starting to play PA. Then i found the wonderful world which is IRC. i joined it as a n00b with pride

after a while, i noticed a pattern, that a certain someone was nearly always abusive/rude/being banned. then today, when i get in from college i see this

P sets mode +o meaple.

I was shocked to say the least. here we have someone of has being banned, kicked and warned way to many times to remember!

and now hes getting power!!!

so i went off to talk to A2, and he claims that he is needed for the wee small hours (European time). now firstly that only accounts of 6.4% of the lines, and mostly thats just spam!! and also, Phil^ was given that job if im not mistaken

then i went off in a huff and ranted some more, and i was given this convo

[16:27:39] (Mr Burns): <Eriond> looks like my #pa idling days are gonna be over ---- huh why ?
[16:27:49] (Eriond): meaple is getting op there
[16:27:58] (Mr Burns): oh my god nooooooooooo
[16:28:12] (Mr Burns): who the hell is the dummy to give him ops
[16:28:16] (Eriond): i dunno WHAT tho guys are on
[16:29:05] (Mr Burns): he's gonna abuse it watch and see
[16:29:13] (Eriond): yup
[16:32:27] (Eriond): apparently mrbrick is channel owner now so prolly him
[16:33:06] (Mr Burns): and I thought he had more sense then that

and thats from a former Op!!!

also, after looking at the stats website, it confirms that meaple has been kicked a lot of times (162 times)

now please tell me that he wont get it

/me opens the floor to rants/raves/agreements/flaming/doughnuts
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:38   #2
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: #planetarion

I don't think there's any chance of him being added.
Although it has been discussed among the ops, the idea was never officially put forward.
It is possible that people can be opped from among 'the crowd' if the situation calls for it.
I must stress that in this case, not all of the ops agree with it, and it will no doubt merit some further discussion.
In any event, the final decision rests with MrBrick, who is acting channel manager at the moment.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:41   #3
Smudgey
MisEducated

Smudgey is an unknown quantity at this point

well if it wasnt going to be put through, why was (and still is) a vote going on?
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:45   #4
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute

Simple - the vote wasn't official - and the only discussion remaining is about the circumstances of the opping last night.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Mushroom; 10 Oct 2003 at 23:29.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 20:56   #5
LFFPicard
Slaphead Officer

LFFPicard is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroom
I don't think there's any chance of him being added.
Although it has been discussed among the ops, the idea was never officially put forward.
It is possible that people can be opped from among 'the crowd' if the situation calls for it.
I must stress that in this case, not all of the ops agree with it, and it will no doubt merit some further discussion.
In any event, the final decision rests with MrBrick, who is acting channel manager at the moment.
I know i keep bringing this up,
But i have seen worse times than the last couple days and i never saw anyone being opped from the crowd.

I know plenty of other people that can be opped rather than meaple.
Eriond
Smudge
Blixxard
LFFPicard
Genclay
My god even Seth would be better than Meaple

As said above, meaple has been disruptive and abusive in the past and will set a bad example and name for ops if he where to be given the position.

Yes he warns peopel when they break the rules, so do most of us, but he is also the first to point out and flame anyone else who advises users there breaking the rules.

I mean think about what you are doign before you kill #planetarion

I have been off irc for a week just to get away from meaple, he harrasses and abuses people at will..

LFFPicard
(@Zeus): nudest beach
(@Zeus): yes THAT WAS A JOKE, pls dont quote
LFFPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 21:02   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFFPicard
I know plenty of other people that can be opped rather than meaple.
Eriond
Smudge
Blixxard
LFFPicard
Genclay
They say modesty is a virtue
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 21:03   #7
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

It's not up to me anymore, as you well know.
Imo, it's the interpretation of the policy that needs discussing.
Thanks for including yourself in the list though... as if we needed reminding

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 22:55   #8
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh dear. Such things really make me weep. Seeing the level of degradation that has hit the channel only proves to me that my decision was right when I quit. Such bickering is so petty it is sad. #pa op is a job, it is not a status thing, you don't get looked upon any better for having it. If anything it brings you grief (especially from pateam).

In my view, anybody who WANTS the job is unsuitable for it. And I find it extremely disturbing that people are so bothered about a nick having an @ next to it.

Basically, it is nothing important so stop bloody whining and grow up.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 22:59   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh, and as a former op, I can say that, were I still an op, all the people moaning on a thread like this would lose a severe amount of respect, and gain an anti-vote from me for ever being an op on account of pettiness and immaturity.

It makes me sick seeing people implementing such a piss-poor attempt at political manouevering.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:04   #10
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

They have lost my respect entirely now.

Thank you all.

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:05   #11
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

It always used to be the way that anyone who asked for the position of op/voice was refused it, without questions. Myself being myself, i never liked telling people a straight 'no', especially when they put effort into the channel, but some people still insisted on directly asking for ops/access, so they were sort of 'delayed'...
Sorry i didn't tell you this earlier, LFF/Smudge

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:07   #12
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
It always used to be the way that anyone who asked for the position of op/voice was refused it, without questions. Myself being myself, i never liked telling people a straight 'no', especially when they put effort into the channel, but some people still insisted on directly asking for ops/access, so they were sort of 'delayed'...
Sorry i didn't tell you this earlier, LFF/Smudge
I noticed this Mushy, but the posts in this thread are blatant "Why was this person given POWER, it should have been ME!!!111"

And that sickens me.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:09   #13
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

/me fluffles Bashar
my hero ;-) unfortunately PA is overrun with whingers, trolls, 12 yr olds and bad sportsmen.. partly why i pay little attention to forums and no attention to moaners in public channels...
Nadval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:10   #14
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashar
I noticed this Mushy, but the posts in this thread are blatant "Why was this person given POWER, it should have been ME!!!111"

And that sickens me.
Don't worry, i've never looked at it favourably.
But now i'm no longer in charge, it is up to the following channels manager on how to deal with it. It was agreed in the ops meeting on the 19th January 2001 (the 'constitution' meeting) that the manager may ammend/change the ops policy that they wish, so long as the ops were informed, and it got a majority vote from them. God knows if my successor will wish to use this to state the point about asking for ops or access more clearly, but i will point out one small detail - asking for ops/voices has always been against the rules in #Planetarion - as long as i've been there.

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:10   #15
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadval
/me fluffles Bashar
my hero ;-) unfortunately PA is overrun with whingers, trolls, 12 yr olds and bad sportsmen.. partly why i pay little attention to forums and no attention to moaners in public channels...
I got nowt better to do atm :/

Anyway, wtf are we talking in this thread, we are in a bleeding channel together fs!!

Oh, and if I am your hero, does that mean you will agree to marry me now?
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:13   #16
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Don't worry, i've never looked at it favourably.
But now i'm no longer in charge, it is up to the following channels manager on how to deal with it. It was agreed in the ops meeting on the 19th January 2001 (the 'constitution' meeting) that the manager may ammend/change the ops policy that they wish, so long as the ops were informed, and it got a majority vote from them. God knows if my successor will wish to use this to state the point about asking for ops or access more clearly, but i will point out one small detail - asking for ops/voices has always been against the rules in #Planetarion - as long as i've been there.

Unfortunately, the points I have mentioned above are usually ignored during appointment of PA team members to power. As such, I have little faith that things will be as good as they were when you were in charge. I have this funny feeling that some suck up who knows bugger all about dealing with people, but knows everything about looking after their own interests, will be granted the position (as usual in PA team).
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:18   #17
Nadval
m00

Nadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant futureNadval has a brilliant future

Quote:
I got nowt better to do atm :/

Anyway, wtf are we talking in this thread, we are in a bleeding channel together fs!!

Oh, and if I am your hero, does that mean you will agree to marry me now?

you know i can't marry you for our difference in values... while i'm out chaining myself to trees you're putting up "VICTORY OF THE BOURGOIS" posters ;-) however i will continue with sexual favours..
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:18   #18
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Unfortunately, the points I have mentioned above are usually ignored during appointment of PA team members to power. As such, I have little faith that things will be as good as they were when you were in charge. I have this funny feeling that some suck up who knows bugger all about dealing with people, but knows everything about looking after their own interests, will be granted the position (as usual in PA team).
I have someone in mind, see them how you will, that i think will be fine for the job (if the PAteam manager agrees). My main job now is to make sure that the handover goes smoothly...

George Bernard Shaw
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:19   #19
Nadval
m00

... so i guess ur not really my hero
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:20   #20
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
you know i can't marry you for our difference in values... while i'm out chaining myself to trees you're putting up "VICTORY OF THE BOURGOIS" posters ;-) however i will continue with sexual favours..

Oh good!! The sexual favours are all that matter.

However, I must protest, I am not part of the burgoisee(sp?), I am just more of a realist as opposed to you who is more of a libertarian. Although at least we both agree that each other are good value!
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:22   #21
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
... so i guess ur not really my hero
:-(

Just as my ego was reaching record proportions, you go and batter it away to nothing!
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:26   #22
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Bashar sums things up reasonably well, possibly. (First time I've agreed with the git )

meaple was approached and asked if he wanted to try being an op after it was suggested to me by one or two individuals. To be honest, I'd assumed he'd refuse. I've never been one for dwelling on the past actions of people, and felt that meaple has a fair bit of potential to be a good op. One night with me opping to see how he coped is neither a final decision nor a mistake.

(I'd give countless examples of various current ops/mods/pa team etc being banned from PA's various communications media, but its not really worth it. (I myself was banned countless times from #planetarion in rounds 1-8))

Giving someone responsibility often makes the individual on the recieving end MORE responsible. Sadly, it would seem that there are those that would rather be bloody minded rather than let individuals have a chance to do something and prove themselves.
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:34   #23
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrick
Bashar sums things up reasonably well, possibly. (First time I've agreed with the git )

meaple was approached and asked if he wanted to try being an op after it was suggested to me by one or two individuals. To be honest, I'd assumed he'd refuse. I've never been one for dwelling on the past actions of people, and felt that meaple has a fair bit of potential to be a good op. One night with me opping to see how he coped is neither a final decision nor a mistake.

(I'd give countless examples of various current ops/mods/pa team etc being banned from PA's various communications media, but its not really worth it. (I myself was banned countless times from #planetarion in rounds 1-8))

Giving someone responsibility often makes the individual on the recieving end MORE responsible. Sadly, it would seem that there are those that would rather be bloody minded rather than let individuals have a chance to do something and prove themselves.

I agree, except the last part, I would not say bloody minded, I would however say jealous.
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:40   #24
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

I guess people really show their true colors now. Right Lff?

Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:43   #25
MrBrick
Gone

Quote:
I agree, except the last part, I would not say bloody minded, I would however say jealous.
Can we stop agreeing please ffs. ta. :P
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:46   #26
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
Can we stop agreeing please ffs. ta. :P
No we bloody can't now shut up!

That better?
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:51   #27
MrBrick
Gone

Quote:
No we bloody can't now shut up!

That better?
Unread 10 Oct 2003, 23:56   #28
Bashar
Idle Git

Quote:
/me blows a kiss
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 02:24   #29
meaple
Pretend Faggot

much better brick, bashar

Unread 11 Oct 2003, 02:33   #30
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaple
I guess people really show their true colors now. Right Lff?
they really do.
i'm so glad that people are so focused on the past that they are blind to what to future can hold.

don't mean to sound cheesey, but i for one believe in giving people a chance. i think that everyone who's had this position has had an attitude change, whether major or slight, to make sure they're good role models (for lack of better word). whn you don't have power, you can basically do what you want.. when you do, you realize the responcibility that goes with it. if you fk up you lose it, and you KNOW that. so why would you fk up?

ah well
Unread 11 Oct 2003, 02:55   #31
meaple
Pretend Faggot

Also, I don't think the decision of the peons should really matter. I didn't ask for the job, it was offered to me. Frankly you all can get bent.

Unread 11 Oct 2003, 03:55   #32
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

And that sickens me.

Indeed. I'm a chat moderator on a site I've been frequenting for years now, and I never asked for admin access. It is pathetic when people ask. It is just so they have a show of power. Very sad, really.

PS: where is the "who gives a fk" smiley when you really need it?
Unread 13 Oct 2003, 18:04   #33
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

To be blunt meaple is a ****, him being a #planetarion op continues a fine tradition of appointing people who haven’t played the game for rounds, are hated by the vast majority of players and have never been considered part of the "Planetarion community", keep up the good work guys !

Tom you should seriously consider getting a life.

Also as an aside:
Quote:
Also, I don't think the decision of the peons should really matter. I didn't ask for the job, it was offered to me. Frankly you all can get bent.
Nice guy your appointing here. What the heck have you ever done to warrent not being a peon other than sit on IRC at silly hours of the day ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 00:10   #34
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
To be blunt meaple is a ****, him being a #planetarion op continues a fine tradition of appointing people who haven’t played the game for rounds, are hated by the vast majority of players and have never been considered part of the "Planetarion community", keep up the good work guys !
Well, thanks!

George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by Mushroom; 14 Oct 2003 at 00:15.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 00:38   #35
Yam
root vegetable.

Yam is an unknown quantity at this point

yea thanks for that.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 00:59   #36
Noodles
Oriental Foodstuff

Noodles is an unknown quantity at this point

The way I see it is you guys (LFFPicard/Smudge) are just plain jealous of the fact meaple was offered a position you (allegedly) so dearly desire yourselves... And as MrBrick has already stated, many of the current ops have been banned from #planetarion in PA's earlier stages, me included... Do you not believe in giving others a chance, no matter what they've done in the past?

...So hows about we all grow up and get along with one another, then hopefully 'hate threads' like this will become a thing of the past.

[email protected]
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 01:06   #37
Yam
root vegetable.

Yam is an unknown quantity at this point

lol i used to get banned all the time back in the day!

[ps. i had a different nick then :¬P]
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 09:48   #38
Aer
Supposed Columnist

Aer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam
[ps. i had a different nick then :¬P]
well. thats ok then :P

<Smudge> wut sort of sick minded btard put the winzip installation in a zip file?

<[Purple]MrBrick> Would you lot sod off with the PMs for a few hours. Jesus.
<[Purple]MrBrick> I DO NOT CARE ABOUT SOME DRAGON CALLED PUFF.
<[Purple]MrBrick> Even though he lives by the sea, and frolics in the autumn mist in a land called honah-lee.
* PuffT3hDr4g0n is now known as PuffT3hSad
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 10:05   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've never seen meaple in a position of responsibility, so I can't comment. However, to my mind at least, it seems a bizarre choice, especially as the users that need to be kept in line at that time of night appears to be almost entirely meaple, as it were.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:40   #40
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Now i know why i never visit #planetarion.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:44   #41
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

today i visited planetarion. I read the topic and asked for a further explination of the whole rollback issue.
I was not rude nor insulting in any kinda. Meaple the well educated new mod went off on me and the channel was than moderated after it for quiet a while, because the mods were to tired to reply to questions of the disgrunted customers.
Pld planetarion for this crappy service. A customer who payed doesnt get any further information because your nazi mods must have their powertrips. Now i know why i never visit that crapchannel unless another pa ****up happens and i try to get my act together and gather some info.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:47   #42
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Arrogance in its finest
Its not peons its customers. If they dont matter try to moderate an empty channel nuthead.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:47   #43
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I've never seen meaple in a position of responsibility, so I can't comment. However, to my mind at least, it seems a bizarre choice, especially as the users that need to be kept in line at that time of night appears to be almost entirely meaple, as it were.
Thats called selfserving. Make the offender a supervisor and he stops offending
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 11:58   #44
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
They have lost my respect entirely now.

Thank you all.
I wish you were hardcore.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 13:16   #45
Noodles
Oriental Foodstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
today i visited planetarion. I read the topic and asked for a further explination of the whole rollback issue.
I was not rude nor insulting in any kinda. Meaple the well educated new mod went off on me and the channel was than moderated after it for quiet a while, because the mods were to tired to reply to questions of the disgrunted customers.
Pld planetarion for this crappy service. A customer who payed doesnt get any further information because your nazi mods must have their powertrips. Now i know why i never visit that crapchannel unless another pa ****up happens and i try to get my act together and gather some info.
Maybe that is because not all of the #Planetarion operators are PATeam, and simply don't know the answers to all of your questions..? We aren't a bunch of mindreaders you know...

And also, we do not get paid for the work we do, we simply offer our services on a voluntary basis.. We all get tired and irritable at times, much like yourselves, so you'll have to excuse us for not being permanently happy-smiley people that have answers to 100% of the questions we have fired at us.

[email protected]
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 13:23   #46
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
Maybe that is because not all of the #Planetarion operators are PATeam, and simply don't know the answers to all of your questions..? We aren't a bunch of mindreaders you know...

And also, we do not get paid for the work we do, we simply offer our services on a voluntary basis.. We all get tired and irritable at times, much like yourselves, so you'll have to excuse us for not being permanently happy-smiley people that have answers to 100% of the questions we have fired at us.
Even if you dont know the answer its not excuse for going off on one and upsetting the customers. It doesnt take much effort to refer the person asking the question to someone else, or point them in the direction of a url that might give them more info on the problem etc.

Not getting paid isnt an excuse. You dont see mods going around and deleting any thread or user they want just because they've had a bad day.
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 13:53   #47
Noodles
Oriental Foodstuff

I'm not condoning the actions of whichever operator did this... And may I just say it wasn't me, so I'm not going off in some vain attempt to defend myself.

I'm simply trying to explain that we are humans after all, we make mistakes and simply cannot be expected to produce absolutely outstanding answers to every question we are asked.

And no, you don't see mods doing that. And do you know why? This is because they would be removed, simple as that. And I think you'll find that if a #Planetarion op wandered around aimlessly kicking/banning/moderating the channel for no reason other than that they are feeling down, they too would be removed.

Also, since when do Forum Moderators have to put up with questions that are directed mainly to us lot in #Planetarion anyway?

[email protected]
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 14:00   #48
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point

Even afterr ±5 rounds of p2p (who the heck knows how to count that non-round 9.5) people still post threads wondering why pa died. The core reason is in this thread. It's a paid game that never shook its free game attitude: "customers complaining...omg shut them up somehow!" v. "customers complaining...how can we solve it or how can we make them secure in feeling something will be done about their problem?"
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 14:03   #49
clau777
Romanian Warrior

clau777 can only hope to improve
boo

meaple

Victuri Te Salutant

ex: glx/legion/eclipse/daous dava
current: random
clau777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2003, 14:19   #50
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
now you see my point!!!!
sorry for the delay in replying - my NTL connection is experienceing PMT
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote