User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Sep 2003, 07:46   #1
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
Information in the manual missing?

Hey!

Where in the manual is it explained what "Value" does mean and what "Score" does mean?

Thanks, Lock

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 07:58   #2
zug0

zug0 is an unknown quantity at this point
score is explainedd in the Universe section. value i don´t know

http://www.planetarion.com/index.php...d=7&submenu=35
zug0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 09:50   #3
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Value is like the old 'score', determined purely by how many things you have, i.e. roids/ships/mines.

Score is calculated differently, not requiring you to build to gain score, it can be achieved in a number of different ways.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 16:09   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
manual comments to [email protected] please

manual will be updated hopefully towards the end of this week
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 17:25   #5
FSW

FSW is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the idea of this new score system, but I hear that it is buggy and not implemented well.
The thing about having a high score because you had a big fleet was stupid. You could win without attacking anyone, and I don't think you could get anything for being attacked.
R3: Hand of Thrawn of Graveyard of Alderaan 126:15:15
R4: Hand of Thrawn of Graveyard of Alderaan (forgot)
R5: (forgot)
R6: (forgot if I even played)
R7: FSW of Maia 36:4:?
R8: FSW of Maia (forgot)
R9.5: Drone of Recovery 4:10:24
FSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 17:27   #6
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Re: Information in the manual missing?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lockhead
Information in the manual missing?
  • How to gain/lose score
  • A tech tree
  • List of scans/covert op missions and their effects
  • Figures showing how various bonuses affect things (exactly how much advantage does a research lab give? what difference is there between 1st, 2nd and 3rd priority for engineering? at what point can something not improve from bonuses any further?)
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 17:41   #7
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
they should devote an entire section on how easy it is to abuse this new scoring system.

And they thought the abuse to the r4 salvage code was bad, yet they've given people who dont mind breaking the rules the best feature possible.

Player A signs up, and has 20 Friends sign up who can attack him every time he rebuilds his fleet thus making him huge on score he then pays to activate his account at the end of the two week trial, and voula, he has a huge score lead.

Now if 1 person did this it would be bad, if 50 people did it there alliance would be #1 by a long way, and if 150 did it then they'd have no competition at all.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 21:03   #8
Alastor

Alastor is an unknown quantity at this point
forgot about score-capping morden? There is a limit to how big ur planet can be when moving into paid universe.
Alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 21:14   #9
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point
Score
Is gained from various actions, including battles and stealing asteroids. A planet with a high score has done quite a lot of things, attacks, defences, etc.

stealing roids gives score??
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 22:32   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Eventh
stealing roids gives score??
Yes.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 23:04   #11
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Yes.
In the current beta it gives you a tiny score gain, vastly outweighed by the score you get for killing things.

Trust me on this, I currently have more roids than anyone in the top 100 and I'm only ranked 430th, because ppl keep runnig away from me :-/
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2003, 05:38   #12
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_r
In the current beta it gives you a tiny score gain, vastly outweighed by the score you get for killing things.

Trust me on this, I currently have more roids than anyone in the top 100 and I'm only ranked 430th, because ppl keep runnig away from me :-/
I can't quite work out why it is that even though value is expotential, and score is linear, gaining score rather than value wins hands down every time (as would be the case in your scenario).

And it's really starting to bug me now. Clearly the increments in the linear functioning are so god damned huge as to be totally unfunny. Why hasn't somebody fixed this?

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote