User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:18   #1
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend
BitTorrent Sites

Check them out. Most of them arent there anymore.

Just to let you all know.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:20   #2
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Re: BitTorrent Sites

Suprnova and TorrentAzoros (or something like that - some Spanish site which has everything & more) do me fine.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:43   #3
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Suprnova closed
I think I know part of the reason as to why - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12...vs_bittorrent/
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 17:57   #4
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Oh No !!!!!

is that why tehre have been no new files on btefnet.com for a few days?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 18:36   #5
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Re: BitTorrent Sites

Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up!
But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it.
We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.
We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org.
It is a sad day for all of us!

Please visit SuprNova.org every once in a while to get the latest news on what is happening and if there is anything new to report on.

As we wish to maintain the nice comunity that we created, we are keppig forums and irc servers open.

Thank you all and Goodbye!
sloncek & the rest of the SuprNova Team
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 18:41   #6
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, a BT place in finland got raide midweek as well, cant find the link where i read it now though
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 18:46   #7
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
yeah, a BT place in finland got raide midweek as well, cant find the link where i read it now though

Link is at bottom of The Register article Androme posted.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:05   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And for reference , youll struggle to get connected to the IRC network as well. Dunno if their hosts are down or theyre just overburdened with users.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:11   #9
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

this is a sad day indeed
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:14   #10
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

yes, why don't they just move the server to a country that doesn't give a damn?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:16   #11
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
this is a sad day indeed
All the private trackers i use seem to be fine. It's pretty rare that anyone uses suprnova anymore anyway.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:16   #12
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

afaik it isnt one central server
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:20   #13
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayer
this is a sad day indeed
yes, but what do we do now?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:20   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

anyone got knowledge of some english based sites that are still up and running?
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:22   #15
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
afaik it isnt one central server
no, you are right, there used to be a lot of mirros, but the site needed to be registered somewhere
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:23   #16
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
anyone got knowledge of some english based sites that are still up and running?
http://www.btefnet.net/ is still there but hasn't been updated in the last days, so i'm not sure if its really still running.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:28   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Looks like that one is still around because it only does TV shows wu_trax.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:45   #18
Androme
☆ ♥ 

www.torrentreactor.net is what I use

www.torrentazos.com for albums
----------retired-------
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:47   #19
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

No wonder suprnova didn't have the latest SG Atlantis last thursday
Guess I have to find me another source then.
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 19:53   #20
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Looks like that one is still around because it only does TV shows wu_trax.
yes, but thats all i download anyway
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 21:23   #21
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

http://www.torrentreactor.to/
http://oink.me.uk/
http://www.filelist.org/
http://www.piratebay.org/ (swedish, but the biggest tracker in the world)
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 21:35   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

www.bi-torrent.com
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 23:27   #23
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

http://www.elitetorrents.org/
http://www.lokitorrent.com/

Which gives us a list so far of:
http://www.thepiratebay.org/
http://www.btefnet.net/
http://www.torrentreactor.net/
http://www.torrentazos.com/
http://oink.me.uk/
http://www.bi-torrent.com/
http://www.elitetorrents.org/
http://www.lokitorrent.com/
Unread 19 Dec 2004, 23:42   #24
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

So what happens next?
Obviously, downloading is wrong etc but if it wasn't, where would YOU go for:
  • Films
  • Software
  • Music
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 00:04   #25
wu_trax

i'd have to start watching tv again and that would be really bad .
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 00:06   #26
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
i'd have to start watching tv again and that would be really bad .
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 03:14   #27
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

You do know they probably don't genuinely give a **** about the internet piracy of stuff, what they genuinely give a **** about is this wonderful free source p2p program that they could be making money with.

Create the legislation to outlaw the current source code of Bittorrent, then develop your own torrent style client, market it, offer movies and tv programs on it at a small fee but make people pay big for the client, bam you have another corporate money making machine.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 11:46   #28
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

last I heard, the Suprnova people were working on their own updated version of BitTorrent anyway.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 13:51   #29
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I don't really care - it doesn't matter if suprnova went down - the trackers used by bittorrent are still up and working and hence, it's why other sites like torrentreactor have the same trackers. Why suprnova 'actually' went down isn't 100% clear but it's probably the charges going to be set on them. Ah well
----------retired-------
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 14:18   #30
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
Oh No !!!!!

is that why tehre have been no new files on btefnet.com for a few days?
More likely because nothing is on due the the Christmas holidays.
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 14:25   #31
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
I don't really care - it doesn't matter if suprnova went down - the trackers used by bittorrent are still up and working and hence, it's why other sites like torrentreactor have the same trackers. Why suprnova 'actually' went down isn't 100% clear but it's probably the charges going to be set on them. Ah well
indeed. gay sirrah sirrah.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 14:30   #32
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

give the BitLord client a go. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. It's got a built-in torrent search (that hasn't let me down yet).
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 18:29   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
give the BitLord client a go. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. It's got a built-in torrent search (that hasn't let me down yet).
Downloaded it, tried it. That search facility is absoloutely awful, and finds very very few items.

Uninstalled and deleted within 15 minutes.
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 18:36   #34
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

maybe it worked better before half the sites disappeared?

or you're searching for "special" stuff

(of the half-dozen or so times I used that search, it always found a well-seeded copy of what I wanted)
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 20:13   #35
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Oooh it's got a search facility - who cares? It's no different than using Azureus and browsing sites like torrentreactor & piratebay that have a search finder. Good one.
----------retired-------
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 20:16   #36
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
maybe it worked better before half the sites disappeared?

or you're searching for "special" stuff

(of the half-dozen or so times I used that search, it always found a well-seeded copy of what I wanted)
Unread 20 Dec 2004, 20:20   #37
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Kura - it's got nothing to do with sites disappearing. Even the trackers I had retrieved from suprnova for even obscure songs and tv shows (I mean rare let's say) still work. Most of the sites use the same trackers and if not, the trackers themselves are being mirrored.

My point is, although I have just dribbled on - is that the trackers stay on if a site (ie: suprnova) disappears. It's just in most cases they mirror a tracker via a .torrent on their own server.
----------retired-------