User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 1 Nov 2002, 00:27   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Motherboard manual?

I'm trying to find a copy online of a manual for the motherboard to an old computer

The comp won't boot up so i can't check anything about make/etc except for opening it up and looking...

It has pc100 SIS530 written on a large orange metal plate inside and sis5595 on a black plate beneath it

The motherboards all seem to have a specific model number of the form Mxxxx with the x's being numbers/letters but i can't find it written anywhere on the mobo :/

Anyone know a good place to look to find this info?

Google isn't being much help

The reason i want the manual is to find out what the slot is beneath the pci cards. It looks like an agp slot cept it is much longer, almost the length of the mobo.
The only other slots are 2 PCI slots.

I believe the onboard graphics are fked so was gonna stick in an old geforce 2 i have spare but there's no where for it to go....

help?
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 00:38   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
I think i found the mobo finally...

http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/amptron/pm599lmr.htm

The slot that 'looks like a long agp slot' seems to be a ISA slot?
If i think the onboard graphics chip is fked, loose connections is what i'm thinking atm as it very very occassionally works fine, what would you recommend? A cheap PCI card? What does the ISa slot do?
Unread 1 Nov 2002, 00:53   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
I think i found the mobo finally...

http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/amptron/pm599lmr.htm

The slot that 'looks like a long agp slot' seems to be a ISA slot?
If i think the onboard graphics chip is fked, loose connections is what i'm thinking atm as it very very occassionally works fine, what would you recommend? A cheap PCI card? What does the ISa slot do?
ISA was basically pre-PCI upgrade slots.
They hung around for a while, for compatibilty, but soon buggered off.
Check www.ebay.co.uk for a PCI graphics card, should be plenty...
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 00:23   #4
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Going by the motherboard name it is a pc chips board

www.pcchips.com or www.pcchips.com.tw for manuals/bios upgrades/info etc

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2002, 11:57   #5
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
Going by the motherboard name it is a pc chips board

www.pcchips.com or www.pcchips.com.tw for manuals/bios upgrades/info etc

Vaio
ta

pcchips was the first place i looked but i didn't know the full name till i managed to find it somewhere else (the link i posted)