User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 21 Jan 2003, 05:51   #1
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold
My new NOOB Idea

Self destruct

Destroys your planet and you can no longer play the game for the round, unless your a multi, LO 50% of pa

bonus over deletion

Destroys all fleet orbiting your planet hostile and friendly.

Bash me now you motherless sons of feamle dogs! I'm taking you with me.

Costs nothing (but the price you paid for pa) instantanous Press the button and boom there she goes.

Flame away

or hell

Support the idea

anyways you know the drill
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 06:12   #2
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oddly enough, I like this one.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 06:39   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Nasty

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 06:40   #4
Biw_biw

Biw_biw is an unknown quantity at this point
na i think its a stupid idea it will just ruin attacks
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 07:15   #5
Virtuoso

Quote:
Originally posted by Biw_biw
na i think its a stupid idea it will just ruin attacks
Naah don't think every1 will just use it because they're under attack....
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 08:34   #6
Spearhead
Beyond The Sun

Spearhead is an unknown quantity at this point
tbh i like it
Spearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 09:23   #7
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Wubbing it.
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 09:57   #8
Ğiscorporation

What great fun!

I love it
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 10:22   #9
starbreeze

starbreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
excellent idea
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 10:24   #10
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
this option existed in Hyperiums and I used it a few times, but in that game we could have more than one planet.
It was a great fun to detonate the planet in front of a massive force, I'm for it !
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 11:22   #11
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
haha.
how fun.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 14:00   #12
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
I'm going to create a suicide alliance. We'll make a ranking of which player can take allong the heaviest hostiles fleet with him

We divide the score destroyed by the total universe score at that tick to make it equal for all ticks.

Only thing we want featured is a final destruction battlereport to calc our scores !!

hAl
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 14:50   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
fabulous.
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 15:18   #14
994wemj
PA-Radio DJ

994wemj is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems: We would no longer be able to play cause we would have no planet, say we changed our minds a few days later, or perhaps someone hacks into your account and blows up your planet, what then? There are more negative features than positive features to this one, sadly. Perhaps if you could work out how to geta round these problems, then it would be a good idea.
994wemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 16:13   #15
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by 994wemj
Problems: We would no longer be able to play cause we would have no planet, say we changed our minds a few days later
Think before acting
Quote:
, or perhaps someone hacks into your account
You do have a firewall don't you? Not that that's too relevant because you don't store passwords right? And you don't use your PA password for anything else? And your PA password combines letters and numbers? If so you're pretty safe If not, you're asking for trouble. I've said it a million times, security doesn't just happen

You could always have a confirmation mail for planetary destruction, those that use hotmail etc would be in trouble though as they can take hours or even days sometimes.
Quote:
There are more negative features than positive features to this one, sadly. Perhaps if you could work out how to geta round these problems, then it would be a good idea.
I see no problems It's an absolutely fabulous idea, in fact it rocks more than a little bit \o/
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 16:34   #16
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
Massive fun.

Create 10 planets, make them roidfat as hell, selfdestruct when your parkinglot is packed.

bwahaha \__
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 16:37   #17
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
Massive fun.

Buy 10 accounts, start one planet, get roidfat as hell, selfdestruct when your parkinglot is packed, start next planet.

bwahaha \__
I fixed it so it's legit
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 18:12   #18
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

I've heard of pyrrhic victories; but pyrrhic defeats?

I don't see how a spectacular suicide-murder can be considered a desireable game element. I see these kinds of proposals as symtomatic a general flaw in the game--in that once you fall down you can't get up (or at least, it's widely perceived to be that way). Surely it would be better to find some way for those who've been bashed to rebuild and "get back into the game" (at least, to some extent).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 18:14   #19
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
heh, put it in place instead of the exile vote function

"u are a farm"
"am not"
"yus you are, multi scum"
"am not"
"you are sentanced to self destruction"
**GC/Ministers press red buttons
**farm/multi/innocent planet spontaniously combusts.

heh.
/me campaigns for harmonious mixxed galaxies..

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 20:30   #20
Lynne
Dark Lady Rising

Lynne is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe

I wanna self destruct button. If I ever spend another whole round being bashed by a bully I wanna take that muthaf*cka out with me.

Yay for the Troll \o/

*kissy*
*kissy*
*kissy*
*kissy*
*kissy*
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 20:34   #21
Akallabeth
Insomniac

Akallabeth is an unknown quantity at this point
if the planet in question gets a 'spectator mode' after nuking itsself (so that the owner can still watch the game) i'd be for the idea
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 20:40   #22
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Akallabeth
if the planet in question gets a 'spectator mode' after nuking itsself (so that the owner can still watch the game) i'd be for the idea
but ofcourse.
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 20:52   #23
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
It'd be fun

How about a limit? Can only use it if combined forces at your planet are greater than your score.

It would reduce bashing, that's for sure.

There is a flaw though, it'd be rather dull to mass attack the #1 enemy planet, and time it to catch his fleet. then if you lose you lose, and if you win? ooh self destruct. BOOM.
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 21:38   #24
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: It'd be fun

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
How about a limit? Can only use it if combined forces at your planet are greater than your score.
Just scale it, the percentage destroyed of each fleet present (both attackers and defenders) is
Code:
destroyed% = 100% * attacking_fleet_score / (2 * defending_fleet_score) (max 100%)
Put the "2 *" in there so attackers have to be twice the size of defender before 100% losses are reached. Arbitrarily chosen.
Quote:
There is a flaw though, it'd be rather dull to mass attack the #1 enemy planet, and time it to catch his fleet. then if you lose you lose, and if you win? ooh self destruct. BOOM.
Make self destruct not happen until next tick. Whoever is bringing down #1 should notice the defenders pulling in droves just before the tick. Or they can stay and lose the same percentage of their fleets. Attackers just have to leave enough ships to force the target to push the button.

As for what happens to a planet after self-destruct - just reset it to the usual starting point; 3 uninit roids and 5k of each resource, everything else gone.
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:06   #25
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold
For the record I was extremely Drunk last night when i posted that.

I still think tho that the planet is gone for good, no reseting else early in the game it's not so punishing to the planet that selfdestructs.

Nice ideas with formulas etc, it's be interesting to see if this turns into an actual working idea
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:17   #26
Coffee
Ensign

Coffee is an unknown quantity at this point
Instead of a putting you out the game why not just reset all your cons/res to 0 etc, effetivley letting you 'start again'. (and total 'roids/5 then uninitiate the lot)

Interestingly the decision to kill the planet in questions fleet if its away at the time would also add an element.

I think i suggested this before btw.
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:22   #27
Troll
DLR HC

it wouldn't matter if his fleet was home since he's deleted

reseting is for the weak he's out of the game theres a price to be paid IMO

and were you drunk too I would be interested to see this thread and see the responses it got. How have the times changed etc
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:26   #28
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
A nice idea, but u could make it so that all eta 0, will be bashed, and 50% of eta 1 and 30% of eta 2..or summit?

but I will cry if someone uses this against me:-(
And then it was a very bad idea !:-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:40   #29
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

I just thought of another downside:

Tons of 'recall or I'll pull the pin' pa-mail threats.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 22:44   #30
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus

That's ok, we never paid any attention to the mails from 'Sn0w, your friendly Illiad officer' either
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 23:07   #31
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
He sent me one of those obnoxious little mails once, muppet
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2003, 23:09   #32
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus

But if you implemented it with limits suggested above, saying that the total attacker(s) fleet score had to be more than defender's total score, it could only happen in a mass attack or in bashing/overkill attack. If you're sending those, that's your own fault really.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 00:44   #33
Noob
*** pe0n ***

Noob is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scoot951
Oddly enough, I like this one.

Round 3 - 92:16:22
Round 4 - 60:14:06
Round 5 - 15:09:13
Round 6 - 06:12:12
Round 7 - 22:20:08
Round 8 - 33:10:09
Round 9 - Retired
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 01:10   #34
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of
I like this one :-)

But maybe put something in the News of the planet like:
"Planet shows signs of instability" either 1 or 2 ticks before the destruction happens. Just to give people a chance.
Unread 22 Jan 2003, 01:13   #35
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle28uk
That's ok, we never paid any attention to the mails from 'Sn0w, your friendly Illiad officer' either
i got a lot of them too, heh.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 06:00   #36
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
I find the idea entirely amusing, in that it would be great fun :-)

Perhaps an additional suggestion would be that to "pull the pin" so to speak would take a number of ticks, (3 perhaps?)

And that it would show up on a news scan.

This would also require that the Player pulling the pin could reset his self destruct at -1 tick, so that if the attacker(s) pull out he doesnt lose his planet, but at a very high cost perhaps reduced income for 24 Ticks?
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 09:16   #37
Master
Time Lord

Master is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice idea..
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 14:14   #38
bjwroi
Uni N00b

bjwroi is an unknown quantity at this point
mmmmm, what about, you need all your fleet at home, they then use all their power to blow up a reactor or sumfin. Which blows up all your ships, and creates some magnetic pheonomonen (or however spell it) which would drag in all ships that is headin towards your planet so they can't recall :-) Maybe the friendly ones can, or maybe not. Just a though. Don't necesserially mean planet has to be destroyed , but all ships would be. Maybe also blowin a percentage of the roids up too :-s 15% a tick over 8 ticks ?? Means it aint used often.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 14:15   #39
bjwroi
Uni N00b

bjwroi is an unknown quantity at this point
mmmm, i also just thought this from glancin at the thread and not havin a detailed look, was spur of moment thingy so if sounds crap :P
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 18:54   #40
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
I think its a great idea.
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 19:06   #41
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
He sent me one of those obnoxious little mails once, muppet
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 19:11   #42
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
There would have to be a balance to prevent top planets from being invinceble (ie, if their fleet is ever caught at home by an indefensible enemy force, they can take a hell of alot with them, resulting in a mindset of "I'm not attacking there".) Top planets need many times their own score to bring down, so it would be 'profitable' for the targets alliance if he vaped his planet with all those fleets there..

Perhaps if the self-destruction had to be started at ETA2 with no chance of being cancelled, and all attackers not recalled by ETA1 (1 tick warning) would be caught. That way the attackers have 1 hour to save themselves (making them more willing to launch), and the target still has time to catch some of the more tardy ones : )
Unread 25 Jan 2003, 22:10   #43
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
tbh, i have to say, not meaning to piss on anyones drunken parade, this idea is piss poor. sorry.

it encourages multi accnts, why would u blow up ure only accnt?
ppl will only do it when they quit the game, so now not only do u want pa to shove everyone away with wildly unpopular decisions, u also want to provide a way to do it spectacularly.
if they arent quitting, why would they do it unless they are

a) gonna continue with a multi accnt [illegal]
b) jump into someone elses old accnt [illegal]
c) start again, with a zero score planet, in a random galaxy.. why? if your current gal is that bad, get an exile. no attack is gonna put u in a worse position than a brand new accnt.

just facilitate cheet0rs why dont you.

on the other hand, it sounds fun..

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 01:18   #44
woze

woze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scaggydo

just facilitate cheet0rs why dont you.

on the other hand, it sounds fun..
lol..

i thought about this for a while..

how about "cuts your planet in half"
and destroys %150 of your planets score in ships of your attacker..

this would certainly reduce bashing as if you do this one or 2 times.. you would fall under the %20 underdevelopded planet attacking rule

cut your ships and roids in half.. and destroy %150 of your attackers ships..

or have a option of how big a detonation to cause.. destroy %25 of your ships and %25 of your roids.. and cause %100 equal damage to your score in ships to your attackers.. and stll be left with %75 of your planet

or a stronger detonation sequence..

destroy %75 ofyour ships and roids.. and destroy %200 of your planets total score in ships torwards your attackers..

this would still allow you to send alot of ships to a planet.. but still take heavy/medium losses... the planet would still be alive.. but be to small to attack...

a big player would be able to use this all the way down to small players..

2000 roids and 100k ships would use the %25 destruction sequense and take out 25k of his own ships and ( i just thought of this) un-initiate %25 of his roids.. from a fleet that is attacking him with 500k ships it would still leave 400k ships up against 75kships but he can do this again.. and again.. and again.. and the attacking fleet wouldnt lose more then 250k ships in the attack and still have enough to survive and make it home... with some decent combat reports..

Besides .. the point of attacking the #1 is not really to roid him.. but to lower his score to get your own member of your alliance up there...

reducing his score by %25 would still leave him in the race.. just set him back alot.. and give just enough edge to let him catch up.. ( eventually ) and not throw him out.. nor end his account

or you can tweak with the detonation ratios.. to best suite you.. e.g destroy %100 of your ships and destroy %300 of your planet score in ships.. or smaller detonaions of destroy %10 of your ships and de initiate %10 of you roids and destroy %x of your attackers ships
woze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 02:50   #45
wakka
commander

wakka can only hope to improve
self destruct PDS

heres an Idea to go along with yours. Since all PDS have manuvering thrusters and if your getting overun with no hope of winning the battle put your pds in search and self destruct mode which manuvers the pds as close to groups of ships in their class as possable and then self destructs taking out all ships of their matching class of ship. if no matching ship of their class is present then they don't self destruct, they just fire as normal, that way you don't lose all your pds if someone sends a lot of frigs just tachyons. you get all salvage from your pds and your attackers ships...
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 03:59   #46
Treyjun

I like it :-)

Maby self destruction only blows up up all yer roids/amps/scans/ships, so you start from a score of zero again.
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 04:19   #47
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
Yay! Cutting off ur nose to spite ur face, GREAT FUN!

NOT!!!
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 05:34   #48
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Shush! You guys are watering this down into pointlessness.

The original post has all you need, if a top player gets enough to consider it, the massive loss of fleets on one side and the permenant loss of a top planet on the other is even enough.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 11:06   #49
994wemj
PA-Radio DJ

Quote:
Maby self destruction only blows up up all yer roids/amps/scans/ships, so you start from a score of zero again.
I'd agree with that idea. Cause otherwise you'll be throwing your money away cause you wont be able to play anymore, and that would be just stupid.

Going back to the start from zero thing, you should also loose your last construction and research plus it should only be a one time event. This way people won't just keep doing it if they're weak and keep getting attacked cause that would be boring.
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 11:11   #50
994wemj
PA-Radio DJ

Another idea,
You loose all points from amps/scans/ships/pods etc plus you loose 200% the score of the attacking ships. And perhaps, (if this is a rediculous idea please tell me) if you do self-destruct your planet it should be un-inhabitable for the most part and so you loose the ability to construct further ships and constructions up to a certain level. i.e you cant reach bships after s-destruct.

Just an idea, if I'm dreaming tell me. Also, sorry if this idea has been discussed, I couldn't be bothered to read the entire thread.