User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 May 2003, 10:49   #51
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
What's wrong with Cochese's idea from a while back?

Just be your own police-force against blocking.

When you know an alliance has official or unofficial ties with another alliance, let the world know ... and each sends his own alliance out to kill, maim and destroy. No need to cooperate, i'm sure actual coord-lists of the 'bad guy' (lol) can be spread around IRC easily enough. It's all about acting quick and merciless, and for a wargame that must be something new

In a random round it's hard enough to find targets everyone's happy with, it should be easy, but it never is.
So i think everyone will be happy with an actual killtask, more than just 'what shall we roid today?'

What more incentive can you ask for? You don't like blocking, then just assign yourself a private war for your alliance by killing whoever doesn't stand alone. Logic dictates that any alliance who doesn't want to contribute their alliance-resources to this cause, must have a secondary agenda innit?

But then again i worry less about alliances blocking, i worry about battlegroups clustering together much more
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 11:46   #52
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha1975

Just be your own police-force against blocking.

When you know an alliance has official or unofficial ties with another alliance, let the world know ... and each sends his own alliance out to kill, maim and destroy.
heh, if that happens then what I'll look forward to most are the threads on AD of alliance X accusing alliance Y of having agreements with alliance Z (all with such irrefutable evidence as 2 newsscans of course) etc etc etc.

It'll be great!!

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 12:29   #53
StarlockUV
Vengeance (VGN)

StarlockUV is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrath of Azure
...and in everyone's opinion, what makes up a powerblock? 2 or more alliances napped to each other? 2 or more alliances allied to each other?

Bored, trying to start discussion
In my opion it is based on combined member counter. Look at the Weet/Nar group is was not becuase of the amoutn of allaicne involed (althought there were alot) but becuase they took up at lest 1/3 of the universe.

So as i said in my option it is combined members count that defines blocking, other wise it is more of just a collective.

Have A Good One All
StarlockUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 13:31   #54
Aviendha1975
m33p m33p

Aviendha1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
heh, if that happens then what I'll look forward to most are the threads on AD of alliance X accusing alliance Y of having agreements with alliance Z (all with such irrefutable evidence as 2 newsscans of course) etc etc etc.

It'll be great!!

Ah, but who cares if it's wrong, if you don't care about possible relations, you might as well kill whatever looks good, why not a suspect That's why you should just launch instead of coordinate the entire thing with x alliances together, forget the planning, just be annoying, PA is so much more fun then hehe
Aviendha1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 14:23   #55
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Makes sense to me for everyone to go solo in R9.5 and try it out....you never know you might like it!

Of course this won't happen tho as you'll always get someone so desperate to win, even a half round, that they won't want to risk getting attacked by anyone.

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2003, 14:42   #56
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Faberius
I've never thought of powerblocks as evil. I've been on the losing side and the winning side of powerblocks, and I've never thought of them as the actual reason for stagnation, and I've never believed the arguments against blocking.

I think that when people (more than likely people who are not leaders of alliances) have problems with blocks, its more of an excuse as to why they are bored (if they are winning) or why they lost (if they are losing).

I've always enjoyed blocking, especially at the start of the round, for the political manoevering. I wouldn't see much more of a reason myself of playing pa if the creators neuter that aspect of the game.
I've always thought that there are more political manoevering in a random round than a private one. Atleast that's what it looked like in r8
Unread 22 May 2003, 17:38   #57
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
there are pros and cons to random and private rounds. I like being in private galaxies because I like being with people I know.

Random rounds are better for politics because a lot more shifting can go on, and although there is blocking, there are usually more than 2-3 blocks competing. Round 8 was a good example of this.
Unread 22 May 2003, 18:53   #58
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Auld?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hurragutten
Would that include ND and ETY breaking up Auld?
Auld is no more

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 10:02   #59
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ah, but who cares if it's wrong, if you don't care about possible relations, you might as well kill whatever looks good, why not a suspect That's why you should just launch instead of coordinate the entire thing with x alliances together, forget the planning, just be annoying, PA is so much more fun then hehe
OMG You're absolutely right!!

It all seems so simple now, why didnt you tell me this before ?!?!?

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2003, 14:51   #60
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You and I know how hard it is to get everyone in the same room, let alone make them agree on anything but that being in the same room sucks :P
Unread 24 May 2003, 02:03   #61
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wrath of Azure is an unknown quantity at this point
Are players against an alliance having allies or just against powerblocks on the scale of FLTV, VvomM, WEET?

Surely having allies cant be synonymous with powerblocking? Can it? A 'powerblock' to me means...well, a collection of supersized (or just 1337 alliances) that needs another block to stand up against them. I dont think 'forcing' all alliances to go solo is the way to go in the future.
Unread 24 May 2003, 09:17   #62
Provider
Smurf Forever

Provider is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Are players against an alliance having allies or just against powerblocks on the scale of FLTV, VvomM, WEET?

Surely having allies cant be synonymous with powerblocking? Can it? A 'powerblock' to me means...well, a collection of supersized (or just 1337 alliances) that needs another block to stand up against them. I dont think 'forcing' all alliances to go solo is the way to go in the future.
Meaning that you as Seraphim HC are one of the few who says here that Seraphim wont even try to go solo?

If one alliance gets an allie then the others might also.. Then one wants a third allie and tada we are back to blocking. So imo all those alliances are against allies, naps and with that against any excuse to form a block.

Just work alone.

-=Caliban [ND HC]=-

rnd 3: If I only could remember - GIA HC/TGS
rnd 4: [30:14:3] (smurfs) - Fury/TGS HC || rnd 5: [21:4:16] (gauls) - TGS HC / WPO
rnd 6: [1:2:4] (LotR) - WP HC || rnd 7: [22:8:9] - WP HC
rnd 8: [55:8:9] - WP HC || rnd 9: [11:10:8] - WP HC || rnd 9,5: [x:y:z] -
WP HC rnd 10,11,12 etc cant be assed anymore to write it down here.
rnd 35, 36. 37: ND

Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]
Provider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 09:22   #63
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

I wasnt speaking for the alliance, just my personal views
Unread 24 May 2003, 09:24   #64
Provider
Smurf Forever

Provider is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay and can you speak for your alliance now. Will Seraphim go alone?

-=Caliban [ND HC]=-

rnd 3: If I only could remember - GIA HC/TGS
rnd 4: [30:14:3] (smurfs) - Fury/TGS HC || rnd 5: [21:4:16] (gauls) - TGS HC / WPO
rnd 6: [1:2:4] (LotR) - WP HC || rnd 7: [22:8:9] - WP HC
rnd 8: [55:8:9] - WP HC || rnd 9: [11:10:8] - WP HC || rnd 9,5: [x:y:z] -
WP HC rnd 10,11,12 etc cant be assed anymore to write it down here.
rnd 35, 36. 37: ND

Proud to be a Wolf in [WolfPack]
Provider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 09:47   #65
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Yes, Seraphim is going alone. We will not have any allies in 9.5
Unread 24 May 2003, 13:33   #66
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Yes, Seraphim is going alone. We will not have any allies in 9.5

thats a shame
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2003, 21:08   #67
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Wanna explain to me why it's a shame?
Unread 24 May 2003, 23:44   #68
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point
He obviously wanted to ally his alliance with Seraphim to create a superblock to win the round
Unread 25 May 2003, 01:53   #69
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally posted by TehVader
He obviously wanted to ally his alliance with Seraphim to create a superblock to win the round
I suppose, he surely lost me with his words
Unread 25 May 2003, 16:39   #70
OXX

OXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Blocking

The idea of going Solo is way to optimistic! Even if no one has allies before the round starts (which I highly doubt) Alliances and NaPs will surely be made during the round, Also there s nothing wrong with this but having everyone state it on Ad is pointless.

Pa is a war game which no one alliance can win alone, i dont mind people allying as long as a blaance is kept.

OXX

Blinded by Loyalty
OXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 16:40   #71
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It would be better to have a fluid arrangement, but that's not possible (realistically), so we're going for the next best thing.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 17:54   #72
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I'm betting £10 that the winners of r9.5 wont have done it solo.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:36   #73
Wrath of Azure
Evil has returned

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Come on Zhil, that's a safe bet Be risky, bet that they will do it alone
Unread 25 May 2003, 19:39   #74
Ultramar
:)

Ultramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura aboutUltramar has a spectacular aura about
I'd like to say i'll take that bet, but i'd only end up losing
Ultramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 20:07   #75
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice
Quote:
ofcourse they wont, but that gives all the losing alliances a reason why they didnt win, as they have more guts etc going alone
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2003, 20:12   #76
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Come on Zhil, that's a safe bet Be risky, bet that they will do it alone
Safe bet = keep money

PS: Some unscrupulous individuals may take this to mean Eclipse is up to something n0rty. It isnt (as far as I know)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2003, 12:15   #77
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Of course. Since if there is no blocks and everyone does, indeed, go solo, then we wouldn't see such a 'winner' anyway, as the rest of the game probably wouldn't let an alliance run away with it.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2003, 17:57   #78
Bootlord
Baldy

Bootlord is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought ecah alliance was going for itself as ever :P
R4 293:20:2 Rzarector of the 6th Circle [Defcon]
R5 23:13:14 Ephemeron of The unbreakable [Wrath][Defcon]
R6 Cba of pa when i need to graduate [RL]
R7 27:16:25 The addiction and satisfaction of hearing you screaming for mercy [Titans][Defcon]
R8 41:7:3 The storyteller of the last Saga [Titans][Plush][Defcon]
R9 Cba of playing pa [RL]
R9,5 36:5:24 It's just one of Those days [LDK][Kamikaze]
Bootlord is offline   Reply With Quote