User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 15 Oct 2014, 17:50   #351
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Stats - Round 59 and beyond

probably most rounds, so no point going into detail... As there are several old sets, much better than those recently played.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2014, 18:10   #352
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Problem with making stats is doing emp resistances and guns.
This is hard to balance without access to the beta server

Best I can do in a spreadsheet is a range of emp effectiveness in %
Like beetle 140% (+/- 10%) versus fi
Unread 15 Oct 2014, 18:33   #353
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Wee question ... any assessment on the Resource stealing ship the ziks had in the previous rounds?
Unread 15 Oct 2014, 20:08   #354
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Wee question ... any assessment on the Resource stealing ship the ziks had in the previous rounds?
Pretty awesome but forgot I had it until the last days :P
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2014, 21:23   #355
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
probably most rounds, so no point going into detail... As there are several old sets, much better than those recently played.
For r59 there was only 1 set on offer after Shhhhh withdrew his. For r58 we picked the best out of 3. r57 was Santa, 56 was Isil. Were those worse than the alternatives, if there were any? The r55 stats were not good, I'll grant you that. 54 was Patrikc tweaking r52 and 53 was you. How much farther back do you want to go?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2014, 14:01   #356
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

50 was mz, 49 was me..... I haven't a clue who did 51, probably Tia
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2014, 15:49   #357
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

What shite stats! Think I'll miss this one out.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2014, 19:17   #358
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

I'm going to put in my offer for R60 Stats.
Ive still to do the guns and emp resistances for it as it is hard to do without the Beta server access.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CIWeuZYJ#gid=0

Stealers Don't Die limited t2 targetting
To give xan a resource stealing ship for either the Fi or Fr roiding fleet. (need more intel on how good the resource stealing ship has been in past rounds)
Ive made the stealers fire after pods by design.
I have kept 0 loss defence to Emp with the exception of out of ally eta ships and would need ingal defence.

Emp effectiveness ranges (if tweaked on the beta server)
Spider 130% -140% v Co
Beetle 140%-155% v Fi
Viper 120%-140% v frig and about 80%-100% eff v De (could be lower as viper is 0 loss v de)
Scarab ~ 140% v cr
Tarantula about 140-150% v Bs
Roach about 140% -160% v De
Barghest ~ 150% eff v fi about ~110% v co (zero loss)
Guardian ~ 140% eff v Cr.
Unread 16 Oct 2014, 20:05   #359
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Stealers not dying when stealing got my pants real wet with excitement.
Unread 16 Oct 2014, 20:21   #360
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Stealers not dying when stealing got my pants real wet with excitement.
We haven't had it for forty plus rounds would make a nice wee change.

+side you can still land attacks where you take in damage because you can cap the value back. I.E more tolerant to defence.

I'm going to ask appoco if xan could have a resource stealing ship that could cloak as giving xan non cloaking stealing ships could ruin good fakes etc.
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 03:39   #361
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
We haven't had it for forty plus rounds would make a nice wee change.

+side you can still land attacks where you take in damage because you can cap the value back. I.E more tolerant to defence.

I'm going to ask appoco if xan could have a resource stealing ship that could cloak as giving xan non cloaking stealing ships could ruin good fakes etc.
I would rather like it if you balanced the classes a bit more than a resource stealer for xan.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 05:42   #362
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

You would completely need to overhaul the effs of the other races if you're going to implement a 'stealers don't die' round, as Zik would be seriously OP!
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 06:57   #363
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
What shite stats! Think I'll miss this one out.
Sweet i think i'll actually play this round then.
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 08:38   #364
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ive made the stealers fire after pods by design.
So the best strategy for the round is for xans to just send just pod fleets at ziks all round? Indeed everyone could but only xan would get through regularly. How does firing after pods actually work? do the pods die after stealing... would be an odd battle report! Edit: I presume it actually changes nothing so what would be the point? Perhaps in cases where cap is cut by there not being enough pods left after killing/emping but why does it make a difference if that is before or after pods steal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Sweet i think i'll actually play this round then.
You made a stats set when you were not even intending to play with them? No wonder they are so horrid!

Otterly an Otter.

Last edited by booji; 17 Oct 2014 at 09:29.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 08:50   #365
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
And a new thread, while we're at it..
59. Jesus Christ, people.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Oct 2014, 12:09   #366
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

The stats I proposed took elements of r14-18 as a rough guide.
Would need tweaking with a bit of testing but it is something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
So the best strategy for the round is for xans to just send just pod fleets at ziks all round? Indeed everyone could but only xan would get through regularly. How does firing after pods actually work? do the pods die after stealing... would be an odd battle report! Edit: I presume it actually changes nothing so what would be the point? Perhaps in cases where cap is cut by there not being enough pods left after killing/emping but why does it make a difference if that is before or after pods steal?
Pods don't die as fakes would free up fleet slots quicker and allow xans to send more fakes farming for roids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
You would completely need to overhaul the effs of the other races if you're going to implement a 'stealers don't die' round, as Zik would be seriously OP!
It may look overpowered but how are ziks going to hold roids unless they cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
I would rather like it if you balanced the classes a bit more than a resource stealer for xan.
what would you change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
59. Jesus Christ, people.
Please don't take the Lord's name in vain.
I'll start a new thread.