User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 29 Mar 2007, 14:14   #1
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough
Old Fogies...

I leave here for a year or so, and when i come back everythings changed?!?

Anyone sum up what the hell is going on around here for an old timer like me?

About time i used some of those old credits i still got...

Don't think i've played since about R16, might even be R15, but i could be convinced to waste a few hours here and there

Would be nice to see some old faces again.
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 14:24   #2
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Old Fogies...

word
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 14:54   #3
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

not much has really changed
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 15:29   #4
emux
Capitán de Navío

emux will become famous soon enoughemux will become famous soon enough

A new "original" race is up for combat.
1... c6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 dxe4 4. Nxe4 Nd7 5. Nf3 Ngf6 6. Nxf6+ Nxf6 7. c3 Bg4 8. h3 Bxf3 9. Qxf3 e6 GK-AK 1987-10 (9... Qd5 GK-AK 1987-14)
emux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 17:29   #5
Ali
Subh HC

Ali is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the roughAli is a jewel in the rough

I vaguely remember a Brimstone, do I know you?
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 19:00   #6
Gimmick
Banned

Gimmick is an unknown quantity at this point

He was in 1up
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 19:14   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

for about a week

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 21:01   #8
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

I went for a pint with him once. Jolly nice chap.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 21:05   #9
Bowlsey
Lover of Cheesecake

Bowlsey is on a distinguished road

You think your an old foggie!? I haven't played since rd9.5...Damn u Furbie why did u persuade me to come back!

Tho nice to see Lokken is still around
=Break=
rd41-44 TGV, rd45-46 FAnG, rd47 HaVeN rd48-49 FAnG
=Break=
Rd55+ Ultores
Bowlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 21:35   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

pa is still awesome

you have to be in the right alliance though
Unread 29 Mar 2007, 21:50   #11
Bowlsey
Lover of Cheesecake

Bowlsey is on a distinguished road

lol, and what might that be? Haven't decided whether to join an alliance or to just annoy as many people as possible
=Break=
rd41-44 TGV, rd45-46 FAnG, rd47 HaVeN rd48-49 FAnG
=Break=
Rd55+ Ultores
Bowlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 00:16   #12
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Brimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the roughBrimstone is a jewel in the rough

Memory is getting a little foggy now, but as memory serves, I was in IPC from R5-10.5, then NewDawn for a few rounds, F-Crew sproradically when i got bored, then i played for 1up, LCH, and im sure there was another alliance in there somewhere someone will probably hit me with a stick for forgetting.

Not to mention a short stint helping out the PA team, and winning the PA War-song contest
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 00:46   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I semi recognise the nickname! I don't know where from though

Hi

Edit:
weren't you in/ around the support team?!?

Last edited by Appocomaster; 30 Mar 2007 at 15:36.
Appocomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 12:13   #14
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

the name is very familiar to me too. damned if i know why tho :O

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 17:13   #15
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I semi recognise the nickname! I don't know where from though

Hi

Edit:
weren't you in/ around the support team?!?
Yes give that man a cookie!
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 17:46   #16
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

They call people who started round 5 oldschool now?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 18:07   #17
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
As oldskool as Vanilla Ice & MC Hammer YO!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 18:28   #18
Brimstone
Retired PeOn

I started in R1, but i didn't do the alliances thing properly till R4, was on HC for Para25 alliance (or one of them, there was at least 3 major ones, i was in 2 of them?)
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 23:23   #19
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

good to see your doin ok Brim
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 23:51   #20
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
and im sure there was another alliance in there somewhere someone will probably hit me with a stick for forgetting.
You were in NoS from May 10 (or earlier) to June 7 (or later) according to my IRC logs. Think that was around r12-r13.
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 01:45   #21
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Aye Aye Brimstone

iirc you were from Dunstable and once posted a pic of yourself wearing bright purple trousers

(I remember random stuff - don't be too scared)
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 16:07   #22
Virall
The Scareh Clown

Virall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to beholdVirall is a splendid one to behold

Yo Brimstone.
Virall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 18:29   #23
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

whats this about a new race?

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Apr 2007, 23:09   #24
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Didn't I accidentally get all your claymores killed in r10.5?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 05:27   #25
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

if gate didnt kill your ships, i probably did.
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 09:50   #26
Clunge
Nnneeeiiiggghhh!

Clunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura aboutClunge has a spectacular aura about

Woo, I suppose I could be classed as an old fogie now too...

Though I am entirely unknown in the world of PA .
Clunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 17:35   #27
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
anyone who started pre rd 5 is now offically called "really really oldschool"

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 18:37   #28
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

**** that. I started in Round 3, for a long time I was regarded as a 'late starter'.
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 21:16   #29
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
**** that. I started in Round 3, for a long time I was regarded as a 'late starter'.

you still are - go make the tea Magrat
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 21:29   #30
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

omg brimmy \o/

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Apr 2007, 23:45   #31
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
you sure it's your pa career they are talking about

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2007, 02:55   #32
Rambo2k
Northen LoCo

Rambo2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
AllFather, i thought u like the new jailbeat
who need's to be oldschool when freesh meat is so mutch nicer

Round 2 :: 25:XX [XXV]
Round 3 :: 13:19 [Fury],[Æternals]
Round 4 :: 280:23 [Fury],[WP],[Harbinger]
Round 5 :: 35:25 [Fury],[VtS],[LoCoS]
Round 6 :: 28:1 [Fury],[VtS],[DTA]
Round 7 :: 15:19 [Fury],[VtS],[Titans],[DTA]
Round 21 :: 9:8 [CT], [Harbinger]

Æ - from the ashes of good intentions come forth lasting friendships... the Eternals.
Rambo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2007, 03:24   #33
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Says you... NOOOB |-:

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2007, 03:41   #34
Rambo2k
Northen LoCo

Rambo2k is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Says you... NOOOB |-:
Isnt it someting like

"If it's gras on the field play ball" ??

Round 2 :: 25:XX [XXV]
Round 3 :: 13:19 [Fury],[Æternals]
Round 4 :: 280:23 [Fury],[WP],[Harbinger]
Round 5 :: 35:25 [Fury],[VtS],[LoCoS]
Round 6 :: 28:1 [Fury],[VtS],[DTA]
Round 7 :: 15:19 [Fury],[VtS],[Titans],[DTA]
Round 21 :: 9:8 [CT], [Harbinger]

Æ - from the ashes of good intentions come forth lasting friendships... the Eternals.
Rambo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2007, 00:12   #35
Whitemetal

Whitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud ofWhitemetal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
I leave here for a year or so, and when i come back everythings changed?!?

Anyone sum up what the hell is going on around here for an old timer like me?

About time i used some of those old credits i still got...

Don't think i've played since about R16, might even be R15, but i could be convinced to waste a few hours here and there

Would be nice to see some old faces again.
I have to admit to playing at this time, R9 was the last I think, and yes I can see all the changes.
Where did covert opps come from.
Still another intresting level

A steep learning curve for us adled old fogies
Glad not to be alone.
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 09:34   #36
GoLdEnEyE

GoLdEnEyE has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Wow amassing to see Planetarion still going, it was a old thread i'd subscribed to in 2004 that got a reply that got my curiosity up to check its still running.

Nice to see your still playing Brimstone, I'm sure you remember me

For those of you that don't, I'm a R1 player part of the PACrew (as it was called then) one of my responsibilities being 'Multihunting' no idea what its like these days, but in my day it was nothing unusual to delete in excess of 1,000 accounts a week for the 'Multi' offence (among many others you all seem determined to keep us busy with ) and I was only 1 among 6 others who were deleting the same or more numbers........ but in those days we had hundreds of thousands playing, the record for one person, from memory was in excess of 30,000 accounts, this was held by a BT engineer who as a result of an investigation lost his job! Amassing the lengths some people would go to eh

Well as i said nice to see PA going and going strong take care all

GoLdEnEyE

'It is often better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt'
GoLdEnEyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2007, 10:28   #37
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowlsey
lol, and what might that be? Haven't decided whether to join an alliance or to just annoy as many people as possible
It's actually possible to do both!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote