User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 27 Nov 2007, 12:37   #51
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of
Re: attacking inhabited galaxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
To be honest i think the route of this "problem" is due to alliance limits being too high for a game with unfortunately so few players currently. Hopefully if we have a lower alliance limit (50!?) then we wouldn't have this problem as that would be a lot more galaxies open. My 2cents anyway...
You might (partially) solve this "problem" by reducing alliance sizes but you'd be creating another.

An alliance won't be able to function below a certain number of members. I believe that the ratio of officers to members is already too high.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 12:45   #52
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwraith
what #1 does others will watch and if a tactic works it will be repeated, and followed by alliance further down the list.
Not necessarily - what's sauce for the goose isn't necessarily sauce for the gander.
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 12:54   #53
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Alliance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
bash limidt and crazy xp gains might be seen as coding which interfered with what alliances could hit and couldnt
Code changes which affects players, will also affect alliances in the end.
I m fully aware of the fact that there has never been any direct coding done to affect alliance targetting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 13:04   #54
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
To be honest i think the route of this "problem" is due to alliance limits being too high for a game with unfortunately so few players currently. Hopefully if we have a lower alliance limit (50!?) then we wouldn't have this problem as that would be a lot more galaxies open. My 2cents anyway...
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...94&postcount=3
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=192776
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 13:24   #55
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Hude, where did u go?
I sat up at nights waiting for u to come on.
When all others had lost faith in u ever coming back, I still sat in our chan, thinking of the times we had together, planning our future.
In the end I realised you would never come back, and that my dreams were shattered.

so I exiled u and took ur gc position

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 14:24   #56
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

yeah, hude is definitely unreliable when it comes to galaxies
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 14:59   #57
Wishmaster
LDK

hehe, yeah but got to love him for dumping u and ur bp to join mine <3

Quote:
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 16:24   #58
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
yeah, hude is definitely unreliable when it comes to galaxies

fking Hude
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 17:41   #59
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
hehe, yeah but got to love him for dumping u and ur bp to join mine <3
lucky that the 4man bp's done not too awful so far though <3
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2007, 19:57   #60
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

[20:22] <Hude> this works as a perfect retirement plan tho
[20:22] <Hude> piss off as many people as possible so noone wants me to play ever again

That was r22 but I think I started during the Angels round already (r21?).
Unread 28 Nov 2007, 00:40   #61
Wishmaster
LDK

Bp With Me Next Round Hude! <3

Quote:
Unread 28 Nov 2007, 23:08   #62
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: attacking inhabited galaxies

Hude who?

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2007, 03:18   #63
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

If my allianced attacked a planet in my gal wich were keeping my own planet safe, i would protest it.
If it were a planet wich did not offer any ingal def to me or anyone else in the glad i would be glad to have my alliance roiding him dry.
I dont remeber that if alliance A had a planet in my gal, alliance A would not attack me.
I dont realy understand the concern

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2007, 06:54   #64
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardking
Hude who?
Robin Hude. And his merry bp men.
Unread 29 Nov 2007, 17:02   #65
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

I saw you on tv the other day!

....stealing cherry from merry kids.

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ğragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2007, 13:51   #66
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

Ok so big top30 planet roids ur alliance. hostile points are earned or at least should be. however it happens to be in a gal where u have 2 or 3 members.

What do u do

1) let the planet keep the roids it took from ur alliance because u dnt wish to cause ur member to have problems in gal.

2) do nothing because u do not wish to slow the progression of ur planets gal for fear that if its in a small gal then there will be less in gal def and so ur planet will be smaller

3) attack the planet with hostile points with an organised raid on your members gal

4) recruit the planet that managed to roid your alliance thus creating a super alliance where everyone always roids 100% of the time.

Admitedly option 3 is the only way ur gonna gain success so attacking gals with members in is of course a vaild tactic. even if it is just planet targeting if u see a planet with a nice roid count a fleet with an obvious weakness your gonna hit it no matter where it is surly???

In conclusion any target in the uni that you can hit that aint in ur own alliance is valid and it aint wrong or bad to hit it. else if you think it is then maybe u should go and play Peaceararion the online peace time simulator.
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2007, 15:23   #67
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

[quote=Dryph]Ok so big top30 planet roids ur alliance. hostile points are

nt much more than 5 allaince , even 2 allaince .

so your talking to player over 700 rank , or high xp wich probly scan alot or do cover op.

against a 15 memeber allaince , would say , cover op them whit what you got , get shp for 1 type of ship and roid bak , they would lose lot of score and get bored and forget you or.......

otherwise you can retal ,but if decent player he will get defense so its useless.

player that look to get low proile will keeplow value ,so will ofen attack low score player for roid whitout doing to many bad thing, flee and cover op

25 ppl allaiae would force to have 50 allaince , less #1 choosen
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2007, 19:16   #68
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Go away horn.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 01:49   #69
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

My 2 cents...

Since we now have roughly 1600 planets, and only *maybe* 50% of those are actively playing, we run into a slight problem. Earlier in the round, when newbs and actives were still pretty close in value/score, attacks went well, mostly they avoided friendly gals, and roids were had by all.

Than a divide became apparent, between the newbs and actives. Slowly less galaxies became viable targets, and more attacks began to overlap unintentionally. This led to less roids capped, more angry peons, and disgusted BC's.

With an average decent attack now likely piggied by at least 2 other alliances, it has become necessary for alliances to hit ANY galaxy possible to get roids. This has led to targetting of friendly galaxies.

From past rounds planet targetting was always a decent option for war, however now with so few planets, and what planets are left playing are active, hitting just 1,2, or 3 planets in a galaxy usually doesn't work so well (It does sometimes, but not always, as ND/Rock/etc found out with my galaxy) so alliances have reverted to hitting galaxies again.

Now this is all in my opinion of how it's going on, I'm simply a peon, doing what I'm told, but it made sense to me so meh :/

Saver of Sad

Supreme Commander of The Spider Colony
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 02:03   #70
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Go away horn.
It's not horn - it's a real human being
Unread 1 Dec 2007, 21:28   #71
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

well said , to complete and put something in fur face

making several race was that peon would have to unit to increase theyr strengh using 2 target 4 person . mainly cath used to complet other player fleet.

wich as for effect that inhaboted gal are a fiest for a cath zik team .
done it in oter gme who offer both these iteam emp and steal in same fleet , add more thn only roid increase.
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 23:51   #72
Osidiradadumpf

Osidiradadumpf can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
So what if CT attack gals with there own members in? Why should people get naps just cause of who is in their galaxy?
Well, there is an even more simple solution for this problem. If you really dislike the sitution that ally mates of your gal mates are attacking you (and maybe even giving intell about defplans) then the only obvious solution is NOT to def that planet whoes ally is raiding you gal EVER.

To make this easier, I would suggest adding an ALLY tag to the planet name.
Osidiradadumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2007, 14:50   #73
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

the problem i think is this, when yur napped with almost half the universe there aren't alot of options left, and unfortunately one of those is attack membered gals. for me the alliance limits shouldn't be set lower. right now im rooting for ND to win this round the only alliance up there with enough balls not to nap, and my respect goes out to vgn to .

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote