User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 24 May 2010, 13:53   #1
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
random or private

will we see more fellow players go random this round ?

will a random gal again (dominate) win ?

whos going random here ?

will there be forces trying to build random fortress gals ?

and what does your mum think about it?

im going random, since my pro priv gal quit playing last round, cause we were only ranked 6 or something...

Edit: and yes my mum would kill me if she knew i´d play this game still

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 13:54   #2
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: random or private

- I think there will be more random gals
- I think a random gal will end top gal
- I don't think we will see many fortress gals, but quite a few fenced gals
Unread 24 May 2010, 14:15   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Yes, I expect that people who gave up on private galaxies last round will go for random galaxies this round.

No, random galaxies will not dominate, however, I agree with Isil that a random galaxy will probably win the round.

I am going random, though mostly because I play a scanner. If I was playing with fleet, I would definitely be in a private galaxy. I think most people in Ascendancy and Apprime feel the same way.

I don't know if anyone will build a fortress in a random galaxy. Last round indicates that only CT tried to, but only one of their galaxies could pull it off. I think this is an indication of how it'll turn out this round if they (or others) try again.

My mother doesn't care.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 14:16   #4
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

Everyone should go private then exile, makes fewer random gals and then they become stronger. if there is too many random gals then private is stronger.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 14:17   #5
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

we only tried to set up 1 gal, others were just randomly created
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 24 May 2010, 14:21   #6
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I would urge everyone who is going random to find 7 like-minded individuals, make a gal, and then disband it.
Unread 24 May 2010, 19:16   #7
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Yeah, I would urge everyone who is going random to find 7 like-minded individuals, make a gal, and then disband it.
You can just create your own buddypack - or with a few others and exile at tick 24 if you dont like who you landed with in a priv gal.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 20:22   #8
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2 View Post
You can just create your own buddypack - or with a few others and exile at tick 24 if you dont like who you landed with in a priv gal.
I don't know if you're joking or not, but I think the idea is to create a private galaxy and disband it to make the random galaxies bigger (Which wouldn't happen if you went with buddypacks from the start). Right?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 20:24   #9
[DDK]gm

buddy packs = private gals, lazy coding ;p
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
Unread 24 May 2010, 20:31   #10
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Ah, right.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2010, 22:54   #11
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

If your intent is to go random the best strategy is to join a buddy pack, or if you don't have any friends who will join with you to create your own one man buddy pack, which will get bunched with other small buddy packs. Then after protection is over exile into the public universe. The idea is to limit the number of public galaxies and thereby make them big. If there are too many public galaxies private galaxies will be a better option because of the higher chance of being with hyper active players. Publics only win when they have shear numbers on their side. If there are too many public galaxies then none of them will grow very big and the private 8 man galaxies will simply make all the public gals roid farms.

I will remind those that think public galaxies are the better option that a private galaxy nearly won last round in spite of being small. Also if you want to be a t50 planet private galaxies are also the better option as by far private galaxies dominated the planet rankings last round.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 May 2010, 13:46   #12
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

ok here it is

any ppl going random want to form a buddypack with me and exile out after protection, reply here

or gimme a call on irc

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2010, 23:39   #13
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

just post the buddypackcode here?
Unread 27 May 2010, 04:29   #14
Scott

Scott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the roughScott is a jewel in the rough

Ok, m0s is full, i'm doing pretty much the same thing as him.

PM me, ill be in #subh , for the buddypack code.

And i'm not just posting the buddypack code as I wanna try something a little different to the initial plan. mwahha?

kthx.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2010, 15:44   #15
isildurx

Remember to make private gals and then disband them after 1-2 days guys! If everyone does it it will pay off massively!
Unread 27 May 2010, 17:23   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If by "massively" you mean that lower tier alliances can no longer gal raid, yeah.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 27 May 2010, 17:35   #17
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
If by "massively" you mean that lower tier alliances can no longer gal raid, yeah.
Why i asked several times for a cap on random gals, but sadly no effect

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 2010, 17:37   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Great idea, if your goal is to put new players in tiny galaxies, ready to be farmed.
Unread 27 May 2010, 20:36   #19
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

should at least put some kind of minimum on the amount of random galaxies. arbitrarily speaking, say 1/3rd of the privates or so. with more people playing and going random it'd be easier though, cause if you did this then the random galaxies could end up smaller to start with. unless you had them empty and filled them up as you went along?
Unread 28 May 2010, 15:45   #20
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Just an FYI, I have been informed that single man buddy packs will NOT end up in the private uni but in the public. So everyone find at least one buddy!

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 May 2010, 16:51   #21
isildurx

Thanks for that information! It is important that people make priv gals and then disband if we want to survive in the random gals!
Unread 29 May 2010, 10:09   #22
isildurx

I'm dissapointed at how many people went random rather than making a private gal and exiling out