User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:17   #1
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Fallout 3: Back in business

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040712/dem038_1.html
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:18   #2
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of
Re: Fallout 3: Back in business

yippee!
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:20   #3
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hurrah. Possibly.

One of the few games I'm genuinely looking forward to, but I have doubts whether it'll be any good after all this.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:29   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Hurrah. Possibly.

One of the few games I'm genuinely looking forward to, but I have doubts whether it'll be any good after all this.
It's Bethseda. They have a good track record with RPGs you know.

I don't know whether they're using the code that was developed by BIS before they were dissolved or not though, but even if they're not, a first person Fallout would be nice.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:46   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't really like first person RPGs. Indeed, I'm not a massive fan of any first-person game.

edit : FPS are OK, and I really do like a couple of them, but as a general theme I dislike first person games.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 13 Jul 2004 at 10:52.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:49   #6
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

bethseda do weird rpgs though, i've never really been that fond of them :/
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:54   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
bethseda do weird rpgs though, i've never really been that fond of them :/
The main problem with Morrowind was the combat system; in a fantasy setting, you're required to have swords and whatnot, which are immensely difficult to put together in a way that is both fun and balanced.

Fallout, for the most part, is all about guns.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:54   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

I absolutley hated Morrowind.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 10:56   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Morrowind was rather good, although it has several flaws, such as the worst game ending since Pong.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:04   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Morrowind was rather good, although it has several flaws, such as the worst game ending since Pong.
I've never actually finished the Nevarine quest
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:09   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

After 4 hours of dwelling around an immensively dull island shooting flying monsters with my bow I decided to uninstall Morrowwind.

Ultima Underworld forever!
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 11:20   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
After 4 hours of dwelling around an immensively dull island shooting flying monsters with my bow I decided to uninstall Morrowwind.
The quests make the game. That and all the Dwemner stuff, exploring all the ruins for the ancient tech is great.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 12:26   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I'll believe it when I see it

On the shelf

In Virgin Megastores

With at least a 9.0 rating on PC IGN.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:05   #14
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I'll believe it when I see it

On the shelf

In Virgin Megastores

With at least a 9.0 rating on PC IGN.
That won't be soon. Bethseda take a LONG time over their games.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 13:45   #15
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This was a nice news item, I must say.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 20:06   #16
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

It'll be interesting to see what Bethesda does with this one. The lead developer is also the lead developer for ES4, so it'll probably have much of the same flavor.

I do have a very distinct feeling that it won't be anything like what we remember with the others. Then again, hopefully, bethesda will be smart enough to hire on some of the original FO3 team in.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 20:22   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandsnake
I do have a very distinct feeling that it won't be anything like what we remember with the others. Then again, hopefully, bethesda will be smart enough to hire on some of the original FO3 team in.
It's quite possible, however nothing's set in stone; the only quotes anyone does have are from a marketing person, and as we all know (or at least, should have learnt by now), games marketing execs take the brief then add another dozen 'features' which they made up in order to increase the hype.

And the only 'name' of the original fallout team I know is 'availablish' (he's currently working with John Romero on some crappy something or other) is J Sawyer, the aforementioned (in a different thread) former Lead Designer on FO3.
Unread 13 Jul 2004, 22:41   #18
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

There is an interview on Gamespy...I vote it one of the most vague and irrelevant interviews ever..."it's too early in the process to say" over and over and over again.

As for Sawyer, how hard can it possibly be to yank someone from Romero..I mean, has Romero done ANYTHING of note in the last 10 years? (Of course, Romero can probably PAY, which is always nice, but hey!)
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 12:26   #19
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

From Gamespot:

GS: Will Bethesda's Fallout 3 retain any elements of the "Van Buren" game that was in development at Black Isle Studios? Reports are it was nearly complete.

TH: No, we're going to start fresh.

Pah, it's going to be a loooooooooooooong wait.
Unread 14 Jul 2004, 12:47   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
GS: Will Bethesda's Fallout 3 retain any elements of the "Van Buren" game that was in development at Black Isle Studios? Reports are it was nearly complete.
They've misinterpreted quite a bit here. The ENGINE was nearly complete. The game itself was barely started, and as Bethesda may well be using the engine they're developing for TES4... the wait difference is probably insignificant.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 08:01   #21
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

fallout 2 was astonishingly dull I thought.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 08:40   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
fallout 2 was astonishingly dull I thought.
When I first played Fallout 2 I was comparatively disappointed. I had been eagerly anticipating a worthy sequel to the original and the sequel, for some reason, didn't seem to have "it".

Most of my friends loved Fallout 1 and many of them didn't bother completing Fallout 2. The non-linear game play meant for a lot of the game you were just wondering aimlessly around. The random encounters meant if you went to the "wrong" place you'd be killed horribly, but it wasn't clear what the hell you were supposed to be doing. In some ways, the game was a little too sprawling.

However, over time the game won me over. I've probably completed it about ten times now, and each time the experience is subtly different. The amount of depth (lol) is incredible in the sense of attention to detail, sub-quests, random items, little touches. It's all adds up to my favourite RPG ever.

If you're looking for a more of a "do this then this then this" type experience (more inline with some Japanese console RPGs) then Fallout 1 is mildly preferable. If you want a world where you are relatively free to do what you want, then Fallout 2 is the win.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 08:54   #23
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Fallout 2 is far and the away the best RPG I've ever played, and I've played quite a few.

It's technically a much better game than Fallout but my opinion on that might just be because I played Fallout 2 before I played Fallout.

I don't think Fallout 3 is going to be much cop though. Especially with Bethesda's "bigger is better" approach.
Unread 15 Jul 2004, 08:59   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Once you've played Fallout 2, Fallout 1 can be a bit annoying (e.g. simple things like "Take All" or better party management being missing) but that is often the way.