User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Mar 2005, 18:56   #151
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [football] League 18 - starts March 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
are longshots different to jokers?
yes, jokers are simple... they just double your points. Longshots are awarded when 3 or fewer people have predicted that particular result (+2 general, +3 exact) but draws no longer count
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 19:26   #152
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why dont draws count again? i would have said that they were as valid a result as any other??
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 19:26   #153
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

because then i might have got longshots
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 19:32   #154
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was just never comfortable with them for some reason. I think a surprise win is much more worthy of a bonus than a draw. I had been awarding them at a reduced rate anyway : +1 whether G or X and when sniborp started putting 1-1 for everything, I didn't want to see lack of skill rewarded so I dropped them altogether (while increasing eligibility for home/away longshots from 2 ppl to 3).

Basically I tinker sometimes, and some changes stay, others don't. No draw bonuses for March and then in April we'll judge if it was better or worse without them.
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 19:36   #155
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

fair enough
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 19:41   #156
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

see he didnt give them because of me...
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 19:57   #157
1-X
overtired

Quote:
see he didnt give them because of me...
plenty more +rep heading your way when it lets me
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 23:43   #158
1-X
overtired

minor update so no main table for just one game

man city 0-1 bolton

only 3 people scored any points

Kurashima and LHC scored 3 (G + longshot)

and the mighty Phalon scored 6 (X + longshot)
Code:
		x	g	pts
Team PSX	19	31	88
The All-Stars	13	32	71
the sniborp 3 	13	31	70
Team Mourinho	11	31	64
Team SMS	6	38	56
Team For Tea	9	28	55
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 23:46   #159
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh dear
what a mediocre time the whole team is having
we're nearly bottom

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Mar 2005, 23:53   #160
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
oh dear
what a mediocre time the whole team is having
we're nearly bottom
I blame the captain.
Why can't we get any X's
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 00:19   #161
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
plenty more +rep heading your way when it lets me
I hate you.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 08:11   #162
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I was just never comfortable with them for some reason. I think a surprise win is much more worthy of a bonus than a draw. I had been awarding them at a reduced rate anyway : +1 whether G or X and when sniborp started putting 1-1 for everything, I didn't want to see lack of skill rewarded so I dropped them altogether (while increasing eligibility for home/away longshots from 2 ppl to 3).

Basically I tinker sometimes, and some changes stay, others don't. No draw bonuses for March and then in April we'll judge if it was better or worse without them.
i don't really get this. there's a bigger chance on games ending up in a victory for one of both teams than that it ends in a draw. so in my opinion, people who predicted a draw should be rewarded aswell when they've done it well.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 08:15   #163
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
i don't really get this. there's a bigger chance on games ending up in a victory for one of both teams than that it ends in a draw. so in my opinion, people who predicted a draw should be rewarded aswell when they've done it well.
I've told you, he doesnt want me getting points, IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 10:03   #164
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'd say the chance of an underdog team getting a draw is more likely than them getting a win though wouldn't you?

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 10:13   #165
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalon
I'd say the chance of an underdog team getting a draw is more likely than them getting a win though wouldn't you?
yes. but take a look at these possible situations:

situation 1
everyone predicts the underdog to win or play a draw, one person predicts the 'better team' to win.
he would get a longshot bonus when the most likely thing happens, only because other players predicted something else.

situation 2
everyone predicts the 'better team' to win, and one person predicts a draw. when the game ends in a draw, he does not get the longshot bonus, despite the fact that everyone predicted something else and the result itself is much more unlikely than in situation 1.

i don't think the predictionsystem is really balanced this way.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 10:18   #166
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

yea, i see your point, especially regarding 'situation 2'.

Unread 8 Mar 2005, 14:29   #167
1-X
overtired

situation 1 hasn't happened yet

situation 2... well, you do have a point, a teensy little one
Fundamentally, a longshot is a crap team getting an unexpected win.

It's not unusual for the crap team to put 10 players behind the ball, and grind out a draw. This is not as worthy of a bonus. Equally in a very balanced game where most people have chosen one team or the other, a draw was never unlikely even though only two people may have predicted one - not worthy either.

So I expect most will agree a longshot draw deserves less reward than a longshot win. Now the X column, though it scores higher, is made up of bonuses and lucky guesses, so when two people tie, the one with most G's is placed higher in the table. To add lower bonuses for draws, some of those points would be "tainting the purity" of the G column . Maybe if I redo the tables to have X,G, and B columns, that won't matter (it's a rewrite I never got round to, and at this stage of the season, it wouldn't be compatible with the monthly and season league tables). At the moment I add all the longshots manually, and it's easier for me to have the simple "bonus for wins only @ +2G,+3X" when I do them.

I hope I've bored you all into submission. I did clearly state that draws would get no bonuses this month, and forseeing sniborp getting undeserved bonuses and wanting to discourage him from not playing properly was a factor in that. (It seemed a nicer approach than just telling him if he ever won, it would be ignored (which it would!))

They could be back for April. Finally, there haven't been any eligible draws so fair anyway.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 14:38   #168
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
I've told you, he doesnt want me getting points, IT'S A CONSPIRACY!
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 14:48   #169
1-X
overtired

I didn't want you abusing a loophole and getting bonuses for no skill, but I'm happy for you to get points in the same way as everyone else, by playing properly.

PS I made you green again

EDIT and in what way is it a conspiracy, bearing in mind that a conspiracy by definition needs at least two people, and I made that decision alone?

Last edited by 1-X; 8 Mar 2005 at 15:06.
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 17:42   #170
roadrunner_0
cynic

it had nothing whatsoever to do with the £20 that i backhanded him

no siree... nothing at all...
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 17:59   #171
Cannon_Fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
I didn't want you abusing a loophole and getting bonuses for no skill, but I'm happy for you to get points in the same way as everyone else, by playing properly.

PS I made you green again

EDIT and in what way is it a conspiracy, bearing in mind that a conspiracy by definition needs at least two people, and I made that decision alone?
You and I make two people.

and if i goto to the bookies and pick something at random, should the bookies not pay me what i should get, simply because i didnt put as much effort into them as maybe some of the others?
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 18:01   #172
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Get over it nancy boy.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Mar 2005, 19:54   #173
Cannon_Fodder

nancy boy? stop beating around the bush being PC and just say fag
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 00:42   #174
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I should be rewarded a pos rep for my sunday predictions.

That's just me being a team player.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 00:48   #175
1-X
overtired

league 18 - part 2
12CH Coventry - Cardiff
12CH Ipswich - Nottm Forest
12CH Preston - Wolves
12CH QPR - Watford
12CH Reading - West Ham
12CH Wigan - Millwall
12IT Lazio - Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen - Hibernian
12SP Celtic - Dunfermline
13SP Dundee - Rangers
13ER Feyenoord - Roda JC
13ER NEC - Ajax
13IT AC Milan - Sampdoria
13IT Cagliari - Roma
13IT Palermo - Udinese
13ES Atletico Madrid - Valencia
13ES Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao
13ES Villarreal - Espanyol
13DE Schalke - Bayern Munich [J]
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 00:50   #176
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Forest won \o/

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 01:05   #177
1-X
overtired

Man C 0-1 Bolton
Watford 0-2 Forest

63% table [34/54]
Code:
		x	g	pts
Phalon		10	12	42
Blastoderm	7	12	33
JonnyBGood	6	12	30
Zharkov		5	11	26
Koen		5	10	25
SYMM		4	12	24
roadrunner	4	11	23
JC		5	8	23
1-X		5	8	23
Inferno		3	12	21
midge5		2	14	20
Stew		3	11	20
Ste		1	15	18
LHC		2	12	18
Kurashima	4	6	18
Non.Human	3	9	18
sniborp		2	10	16
Rumad -7	0	14	14
team standings
Code:
		x	g	pts
Team PSX	19	32	89
The All-Stars	13	33	72
the sniborp 3 	13	33	72
Team Mourinho	11	33	66
Team SMS	6	40	58
Team For Tea	9	28	55
remaining games take place this weekend... scroll up a bit for the fixture list
Unread 9 Mar 2005, 01:07   #178
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Forest won \o/
Quite strange.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 09:38   #179
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
league 18 - part 2
12CH Coventry 1 - 1 Cardiff
12CH Ipswich 1 - 1 Nottm Forest
12CH Preston 2 - 1 Wolves
12CH QPR 2 - 0 Watford
12CH Reading 1 - 1 West Ham
12CH Wigan 2 - 0 Millwall
12IT Lazio 1 - 1 Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 1 - 1 Hibernian
12SP Celtic 3 - 0 Dunfermline
13SP Dundee 0 - 2 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 2 - 0 Roda JC
13ER NEC 0 - 2 Ajax
13IT AC Milan 1 - 0 Sampdoria
13IT Cagliari 2 - 1 Roma
13IT Palermo 1 - 0 Udinese
13ES Atletico Madrid1 - 0 Valencia
13ES Barcelona 2 - 0 Athletic Bilbao
13ES Villarreal 2 - 0 Espanyol
13DE Schalke 2 - 1 Bayern Munich [J]

Unread 11 Mar 2005, 10:29   #180
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
league 18 - part 2
12CH Coventry 0-1 Cardiff
12CH Ipswich 0-1 Nottm Forest
12CH Preston 2-0 Wolves
12CH QPR 2-0 Watford
12CH Reading 0-0 West Ham
12CH Wigan 2-0 Millwall
12IT Lazio 0-1 Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 1-0 Hibernian
12SP Celtic 3-1 Dunfermline
13SP Dundee 1-3 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 2-0 Roda JC
13ER NEC 0-1 Ajax
13IT AC Milan 2-0 Sampdoria
13IT Cagliari 0-1 Roma
13IT Palermo1 -0 Udinese
13ES Atletico Madrid 1-0 Valencia
13ES Barcelona 2-0 Athletic Bilbao
13ES Villarreal 1-0 Espanyol
13DE Schalke 0-1 Bayern Munich [J]
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 13:00   #181
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Thanks for the reminder, I thought I had already done this heh.

12CH Coventry1 -2 Cardiff
12CH Ipswich 2-0 Nottm Forest
12CH Preston 2-1 Wolves
12CH QPR 3-1 Watford
12CH Reading 2-2 West Ham
12CH Wigan 2-0 Millwall
12IT Lazio 1-2 Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 1-1 Hibernian
12SP Celtic 2-0 Dunfermline
13SP Dundee 0-3 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 2-1 Roda JC
13ER NEC 1-2 Ajax
13IT Cagliari 0-1 Roma
13IT Palermo 1-2 Udinese
13ES Atletico Madrid 1-1 Valencia
13ES Barcelona2 -0 Athletic Bilbao
13ES Villarreal 2-1 Espanyol
13DE Schalke 1-1 Bayern Munich [J]
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 13:55   #182
1-X
overtired

and the entire SMS team put wolves to lose...

and you wonder why you're near-bottom

edit - I'm "so" going to regret this
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 14:09   #183
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
and the entire SMS team put wolves to lose...

and you wonder why you're near-bottom

edit - I'm "so" going to regret this
Pff, it's just bad luck

Only them lucky bastards "Team PSX" have more correctpredictions than us .
Unread 11 Mar 2005, 19:53   #184
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
league 18 - part 2
12CH Coventry 1-1 Cardiff
12CH Preston 0-1 Wolves
12CH QPR 1-2 Watford
12CH Reading 1-0 West Ham
12CH Wigan 2-0 Millwall
12IT Lazio 1-2 Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 0-1 Hibernian
13SP Dundee 0-3 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 2-1 Roda JC
13ER NEC 0-1 Ajax
13IT Cagliari 1-1 Roma
13IT Palermo 0-1 Udinese
13ES Atletico Madrid 1-3 Valencia
13ES Barcelona 2-1 Athletic Bilbao
13ES Villarreal 2-1 Espanyol
13DE Schalke 0-2 Bayern Munich [J]

Unread 11 Mar 2005, 20:44   #185
Zharkov
Twang Twang

Zharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud ofZharkov has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
league 18 - part 2
12CH Coventry 2 - 1 Cardiff
12CH Ipswich 1 - 0 Nottm Forest
12CH Preston 1 - 2 Wolves
12CH QPR 2 - 0 Watford
12CH Reading 1 - 0 West Ham
12CH Wigan 2 - 1 Millwall
12IT Lazio 0 - 1 Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 3 - 1 Hibernian
12SP Celtic 3 - 0 Dunfermline
13SP Dundee 1 - 3 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 2 - 0 Roda JC
13ER NEC 1 - 3 Ajax
13IT AC Milan 2 - 0 Sampdoria
13IT Cagliari 1 - 2 Roma
13IT Palermo 2 - 1 Udinese
13ES Atletico Madrid 2 - 1 Valencia
13ES Barcelona 2 - 0 Athletic Bilbao
13ES Villarreal 1-1 Espanyol
13DE Schalke 1 - 1 Bayern Munich [J]
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 00:07   #186
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
league 18 - part 2
12CH Preston 1-2 Wolves
12CH QPR 0-0 Watford
12CH Reading 0-1 West Ham
12CH Wigan 2-0 Millwall
12IT Lazio 1-1 Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 1-1 Hibernian
12SP Celtic 3-0 Dunfermline
13SP Dundee 0-2 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 1-0 Roda JC
13ER NEC 0-2 Ajax
13IT AC Milan 1-0 Sampdoria
13IT Cagliari 2-1 Roma
13IT Palermo 2-1 Udinese
13ES Barcelona 1-0 Athletic Bilbao
13ES Villarreal 2-0 Espanyol
13DE Schalke 1-0 Bayern Munich [J]
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 00:33   #187
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
league 18 - part 2
12CH Coventry 1-0 Cardiff
12CH Preston 1-1 Wolves
12CH QPR 0-0 Watford
12CH Reading 2-0 West Ham
12CH Wigan 0-1 Millwall
12IT Lazio 0-2 Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 1-0 Hibernian
13SP Dundee 1-1 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 0-2 Roda JC
13ER NEC 1-0 Ajax
13IT AC Milan 3-0 Sampdoria
13IT Cagliari 0-1 Roma
13IT Palermo 2-1 Udinese
13ES Atletico Madrid 0-1 Valencia
13ES Villarreal 1-1 Espanyol
I doubt I already predicted these, but I get so confused.
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 00:45   #188
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMM
I doubt I already predicted these, but I get so confused.
actually you did (which is why I didn't remind you - predict when I tell you to ok? )

so have a look here and then tell me if you want to predict with the old or the new list
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 10:52   #189
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'll go with the new one, fate must have intervened to make me do better. or something
Unread 12 Mar 2005, 21:16   #190
1-X
overtired

12CH Ipswich 6-0 Nottm Forest
12CH Preston 2-2 Wolves
12CH QPR 3-1 Watford
12CH Reading 3-1 West Ham
12CH Wigan 2-0 Millwall
12IT Lazio L-L Inter Milan
12SP Aberdeen 3-0 Hibernian
12SP Celtic 6-0 Dunfermline

79% table [44/53]
Code:
		x	g	pts
Phalon		12	15	51
Blastoderm	7	15	36
Zharkov		5	17	32
1-X		7	10	31
JonnyBGood -8	6	12	30
SYMM		4	17	29
midge5		4	16	28
Koen		5	13	28
JC		5	12	27
roadrunner	4	14	26
Ste		3	17	26
Stew		4	14	26
Inferno		3	15	24
LHC		3	13	22
Non.Human	3	12	21
sniborp		3	12	21
Kurashima -8	4	6	18
team standings
Code:
		x	g	pts
Team PSX	23	42	111
the sniborp 3 	14	41	83
The All-Stars	13	42	81
Team SMS	11	47	80
Team Mourinho	12	40	76
Team For Tea	13	27	67
non-predictors today : Rumad, Kurashima, JonnyBGood
Unread 13 Mar 2005, 23:55   #191
1-X
overtired

12IT Lazio 1-1 Inter Milan
13SP Dundee 0-2 Rangers
13ER Feyenoord 4-1 Roda JC
13ER NEC 0-1 Ajax
13IT AC Milan 1-0 Sampdoria
13IT Cagliari 3-0 Roma <--- +2 1-X, Ste
13IT Palermo 1-5 Udinese
13ES Villarreal 4-1 Espanyol

btw I scored 25 points from 11 games today \o/
Code:
					   my points
12IT Lazio 1-1 Inter Milan			X
13SP Dundee 0-2 Rangers				X
13ER Feyenoord 4-1 Roda JC			G
13ER NEC 0-1 Ajax				G
13IT AC Milan 1-0 Sampdoria			X
13IT Cagliari 3-0 Roma <--- 			X (G+LS)
13IT Palermo 1-5 Udinese 
13ES Atletico Madrid 1-0 Valencia		X
13ES Barcelona 2-0 Athletic Bilbao		G
13ES Villarreal 4-1 Espanyol			G
13DE Schalke 1-0 Bayern Munich [J]		XX
If I awarded longshot bonuses on [J] games I'd have 62 points, but that would be silly so I'll just have to make do with 2nd place, which is also very nice and serves the greater glory of TEAM PSX

FINAL TABLE [53/53]
Code:
		x	g	pts
Phalon		13	21	60
1-X		14	14	56
Ste		9	22	49
Blastoderm	9	17	44
Zharkov		6	22	40
SYMM		7	18	39
Stew		7	18	39
midge5		5	22	37
Koen		6	18	36
JC		5	17	32
roadrunner	4	20	32
Inferno		4	19	31
Non.Human	4	18	30
LHC		4	18	30
JonnyBGood -19	6	12	30
sniborp		5	14	29
Kurashima -19	4	6	18
Rumad -26	0	14	14
FINAL TEAM TABLE
Code:
		x	g	pts
Team PSX	34	53	155	Phalon, SYMM, 1-X
Team SMS	21	62	125	Ste, midge5, Stew
The All-Stars	17	54	105	Blasto, NonHuman, Inferno
the sniborp 3 	17	48	99	JBGood, sniborp, Zharkov
Team Mourinho	14	56	98	KoeN, rr_0, LHC
Team For Tea	 9	37	64	Kura, JC, Rumad
So a big well done to Phalon who had this "as good as won" from the start.
And all bow down and worship the majesty that is TEAM PSX [/gloat]

don't forget League 19 starts tuesday

Last edited by 1-X; 14 Mar 2005 at 00:01.
Unread 13 Mar 2005, 23:58   #192
Stew
Made of Twigs

Well done Phalon.
Well done 1-X for today.

Well done Ste and whole SMS - that's a good recovery.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:02   #193
Ste
Bored

I did pretty well today as well
What a jump

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:08   #194
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I did pretty well today as well
What a jump
Today I got 25, you got 23, next up was Stew with 13 :eek:
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:10   #195
Ste
Bored

what do the overall tables look like now?
Koen hasn't been doing well recently...

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:13   #196
1-X
overtired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
what do the overall tables look like now?
Koen hasn't been doing well recently...
later , I've got the FA Cup to sort out now...
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:23   #197
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
We look forward to looking down on you from the top of the table
Quoted for supreme truth

Well done team (wonder when my luck will run out ) and well done everyone else.

Special well done and thanks to 1-X who, to put it bluntly, ****ing rocks

Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:29   #198
midge5
mmm lambs

Bloody hell, you 2 did well. I was confident going into today I wouldn't be bottom of our team, how wrong I was
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:29   #199
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

I'm quite pleased, one of my stranger months where I'm neither winning nor losing-disastrously.
Unread 14 Mar 2005, 00:46   #200
1-X
overtired

<filler>