User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 22 Dec 2003, 19:50   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
US moves to high terror alert

Credible evidence of attack to rival 9/11
Quote:
It is the first time in seven months that the US has issued an orange alert - the second highest status after red - and Mr Ridge said the threat was "perhaps greater now than at any point since September 11, 2001".
Worrying? or just another warning to keep people on there toes and ensure gasmasks are a popular xmas present?
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 19:57   #2
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: US moves to high terror alert

Quote:
The homeland security secretary, Tom Ridge, did not give details of the expected nature of a potential attack
theyre probably just saying that because theres more chance of anything happening around now than any other time. not that anything will happen, its more than likely just a case of if it does they can say "we told you so". so they dont look stupid

covering their backs in other words
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 19:59   #3
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

I believe the alert level has increased 7 times in the last 2 years.

Trust me it had better be serious. Every time the threat level increases the US (and Canada) spend tens of millions of dollars on preparedness and staffing readiness. I would like to point out just how much this threat level has damaged my Christmas holiday.

On their assortment of threat increases, I would guess the US has spent about half 3 to 400 million dollars over the last 24 months, and every time the threat level then decreases without incident.

Ok, I guess I'm just bitter because I am one of the people affacted, still, pisses me right off.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:01   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What actually happens when the level increases?
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:02   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Verm's annual leave get's cancelled.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:03   #6
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all

High Condition (Orange). A High Condition is declared when there is a high risk of terrorist attacks. In addition to the Protective Measures taken in the previous Threat Conditions, Federal departments and agencies should consider the following general measures in addition to the agency-specific Protective Measures that they will develop and implement:
-Coordinating necessary security efforts with Federal, State, and local law enforcement agencies or any National Guard or other appropriate armed forces organizations;
-Taking additional precautions at public events and possibly considering alternative venues or even cancellation;
-Preparing to execute contingency procedures, such as moving to an alternate site or dispersing their workforce; and
-Restricting threatened facility access to essential personnel only.

Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:04   #7
Vermillion
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Vern's annual leave get's cancelled.
Not cancelled yet (knock on wood) but I am on call now...

Stupid terrorists. Now its personal.

Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:15   #8
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt even know we was at a high state of alert until i read that article... look how great is the communication in the uk!!!!!!!!!!!
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:24   #9
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Grimble v2.0 is an unknown quantity at this point

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT*

*:Gimli:
Grimble v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:31   #10
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Scutter
i didnt even know we was at a high state of alert until i read that article... look how great is the communication in the uk!!!!!!!!!!!
we're not.
The US are.
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:32   #11
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

Why is the UK at red alert?
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:35   #12
Vermillion
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimble v2.0
Why is the UK at red alert?
Firstly, its condition orange. Condition red is only in effect in the instance of an actual terrorist attack. Secondly, the US developped its own threat condition colour code with the creation of Homeland security. Its a bit silly, as they have been on yellow or higher ever since the system was created, most people do not even know there are two lower grades of threat condition.

The UK has its own threat level system, it has had one for a very long time, long before Sept 11th. They (like most countries) do not go public with their alert level. If The UK Intel community feels there is a threat to British inteests or territory, they will increase their own alert level, but only a few people outside the direct community (such as me) will ever know it.

Unread 22 Dec 2003, 20:36   #13
Grimble v2.0
Bernard Black

I take it this isn't about Basement Jaxx?

Red Alert
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 21:04   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion
If The UK Intel community feels there is a threat to British inteests or territory, they will increase their own alert level, but only a few people outside the direct community (such as me) will ever know it.
You and anyone who happens to drive past a UK military establishment and can read the huge sign telling them the current BIKINI alert state
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 22:04   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
You and anyone who happens to drive past a UK military establishment and can read the huge sign telling them the current BIKINI alert state
So that's what the Bikini thing is all about...

I really should have known that.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 22:07   #16
Osamaddam

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I knew that posting "Lets all hit the whitehouse for a drink with Dubbya" in AOL Chat would cause widespread panic in your nefarious unintelligence community.You fight my battles for me by keeping your nation paranoid and insecure. My work is done without me ever priming a fuse.

Even GD quakes before me and the Army of Allah.
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 23:00   #17
Vermillion
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamaddam
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I knew that posting "Lets all hit the whitehouse for a drink with Dubbya" in AOL Chat would cause widespread panic in your nefarious unintelligence community.You fight my battles for me by keeping your nation paranoid and insecure. My work is done without me ever priming a fuse.

Even GD quakes before me and the Army of Allah.
This whole gimmic is terribly unfunny.

Unread 23 Dec 2003, 00:28   #18
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus
So that's what the Bikini thing is all about...

I really should have known that.
It's not nationwide though, it's possible for one place to be on amber while another is on black alpha or something.

TAHITI alert state is another good one, that's more specific (mortar attack if I remember right). TAHITI amber is an experience you don't forget in a hurry (not if you live on a military base).
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote