User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 18 Oct 2003, 04:25   #1
Seelenquell

Seelenquell is an unknown quantity at this point
Wtf is up with that Game

We have a Pretty Active Player in our gal. Hes new to PA but he is around every Night fly Attacks offer Def trying hard to be sucessful in that Game. But his Problem is : He dont have an Alliance.

For that he get incs and incs and incs and no one can cover that. The Active Players in our gal tryed to get him in his alliances or another decent alliance but ....

ITS IMPOSSIBLE
He dont know anyone because hes new. This means he dont get in a good alliance. This means hes not sucessfull because you can not be sucessful in PA without Backup.

Everyone complain about the lost of Players but when you dont let new Players in the Alliances and being part of that game it wont become better. How to attract a noob who really want to play this Game serious when he ever get roidet ?

The big alliances should think about open Wings for noobs and seeing who is active and let this ones in the Allies. Pa is freaking hard for a real newbie
Seelenquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 04:40   #2
Parthos
lippy bint

Parthos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wtf is up with that Game

Several big alliances have wings for newbies. Also several very respectable alliances will take any newbie who seems active and displays an interest in learning the game.
12:17 AM: Cochese: if PA team was a liquor, they'd be that plastic-half gallon for $8 stuff
Parthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 07:44   #3
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthos
Also several very respectable alliances will take any newbie who seems active and displays an interest in learning the game.
What she said

Send him along to #vgn and PM an op, I'm retired but I know Vengeance is always on the lookout for good players
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 07:47   #4
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

How many alliances has he tried getting into? Standards ain't as tough as they used to be in some cases, seeing as the applicant pool is so much smaller...

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 14:56   #5
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quite a few decent alliances are open for recruits atm, R&T too. Did he check Allaince Recruitment forum? It's not just n00b alliances in there anymore....
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 15:35   #6
Andy_r
X$X

Andy_r is an unknown quantity at this point

erm, doesn't he know everyone in your gal?

I got into YHQ be randomly ending up in a YHQ gal, then into Legion by being in a Legion gal. Will none of the 9 others in your gal vouch for him?
R3 172:21:12 | R 4 136:8:5 | R5 30:25:12 | R6 11:5:1 | R7 40:25:17 | R8 30:1:5 | R9.5 36:10:14 | R10 1:5:9 Boldness of Helvetica

Proud to have been [YHQ] until the end of YHQ [VtS] until the end of Legion [Titans] until the end of Titans and |R6B| for Speedgames
Andy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Oct 2003, 15:42   #7
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Check out AR, there are a fair few decent alliances on there that will take in new players with no vouches. From there he can slowly prove himself and then move onto a bigger alliance if he wishes to do so.
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 19:57   #8
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

First of all, noone jumps straight into top 10 alliance without a single vouch(except for newdawn perhaps, dunno about vader's guidelines there). It's not like Eclipse or FAnG would take new players unless they had some serious vouches. There are many alliance accepting new players, alliances that are able to back up their members. My first alliance was G-II, they were never king size, but they had a good organisation and were able to defend well. I loved it there, made some good connections that i still enjoy. Also, if you, as his galmates, thinks his an active and descent player, you should be able to fix him up, place some vouches etc yourself.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2003, 21:08   #9
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle29uk
What she said

Send him along to #vgn and PM an op, I'm retired but I know Vengeance is always on the lookout for good players
Hi Gayle :-)

always been thinking about writing u an email - never got around to it ofc

And yes, bring him on :-)
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 00:42   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad
Hi Gayle :-)

always been thinking about writing u an email - never got around to it ofc
I dropped by #vengeance the other day to say hi to peeps but you weren't there
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 02:16   #11
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
First of all, noone jumps straight into top 10 alliance without a single vouch(except for newdawn perhaps, dunno about vader's guidelines there). It's not like Eclipse or FAnG would take new players unless they had some serious vouches. .
Atleast for Eclipse i can say it shows how much you know about us.
We use a vouch system, thats true, however there are exceptions for galm8s who are new to the game and dont know many ppl. On the otherhand for this exceptions we require active and dedicated players (the eclipse galm8 will vouch) and no hostile record.
Kthxbye
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 20:25   #12
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
First of all, noone jumps straight into top 10 alliance without a single vouch...
While this is true to an extent, recruitment is generally far more open than in the olden days of PA. It's no longer a case of who you know over what you know, as a combination of more alliances vying for the top spot and fewer players left overall have resulted in a 'talent vacuum' for large alliance recruitment staff. As such, you'll find its alot easier to join than the alliances themselves will have you think.
My advice would be to aim for one of the mid-range alliances known for more lax recruitment (VGN, WP, ND, Seraphim). Hang around in the public channels. Get to know their members. I've seen occasions of certain alliance members begging for def in the public channel too, so if you want to prove your generousity keep an eye open. I'm pretty sure you can get a vouch or two in only a few days.
Unread 20 Oct 2003, 20:48   #13
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

We do actually check the vouchers abit, as in how long they have known the guy etc. However, I have a soft spot for noobs ;-)
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote