User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

View Poll Results: Tobacco consumption?
None 47 59.49%
Rarely 10 12.66%
Regularly 22 27.85%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 21 Dec 2003, 05:50   #1
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Do you smoke?

Prompted by a wu_trax post.

So, programmers eh? Strange humanoid creatures, bound to reality by cheese-filled pizza crusts, perhaps. But is smoking yet another vice between Everquest, Coca-Cola and Perl? Or does the thought of filling your lungs with carbon monoxide sound about as sane as the new smilies? :nuts:
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 10:14   #2
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Do you smoke?

i have to. without smoking my productivity would drop dramatically.
but at work i have to go out to smoke, which kind of sucks, especially at this time of the year.
i just NEED cigarrettes and coffee. i can sit in front of a computer screen for 6-8 hours without even thinking of eating though.
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 11:11   #3
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

i have not smoked since 2000
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 12:04   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Nope, smoking is bad mmkay.
Though I do consume lots of cola a day.
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 13:56   #5
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I am smoking 10 years now and it really worries me, I am seriously going to quit it after christmasvacation. I only tried once and I manage to put my hands off a cigarette for 5 months, some stupid weak moment made me take one after those 5 months :/
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 15:57   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not "normal" smoking, no.
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 17:27   #7
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

surely coffie more than coca cola, more caffine (tripple expresso, that'll get ya up in the mornin').
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 17:35   #8
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Hate the things myself.

But I can't avoid coffee or pizza though :\
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 18:02   #9
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

pizza is the ace

coffee is satan's drink
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Dec 2003, 19:24   #10
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
i have to. without smoking my productivity would drop dramatically.
but at work i have to go out to smoke, which kind of sucks, especially at this time of the year.
i just NEED cigarrettes and coffee. i can sit in front of a computer screen for 6-8 hours without even thinking of eating though.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 10:53   #11
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

4 out of 25? i feel like a minority now
Unread 22 Dec 2003, 11:37   #12
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

To be fair, in my office of about 25 programmers, only 3 of us smoke.

The cool 3, obviously.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2003, 10:12   #13
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Pizza & Coffee (infact it's my motto) for sure.

Smoking is a big no no for me though, I'm asthmatic and highly alergic to smoke even second hand smoke has landed me in hospital on more than one occasion.

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 24 Dec 2003, 01:38   #14
Darth Sidious
Dark Lord of the Sith

Darth Sidious is an unknown quantity at this point

Im asthematic, I smoke.
its pointless and stupid :/

Rage Against the Universe
Darth Sidious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2003, 11:17   #15
*Cooper*

*Cooper* is an unknown quantity at this point

yup i smoke while im programming and during the day wen im not working too
*Cooper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Dec 2003, 01:31   #16
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
used to do the old smoking/pizza/caffeine trilogy

ive stopped all that now, and have turned to filtered water and vegetables
feel any better now?
Unread 3 Jan 2004, 21:49   #17
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

nope. never wanted to, apart from thinking it would be cool sometimes.
re idis post: i dont smoke yet i still slept 16 hours yesterday! :S
does qb smoke?
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 09:38   #18
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point

ah unlucky i can drink coffee and smoke while working all day long either programming or engineering

god my new job rocks - pay sucks but who cares i dont know of many jobs that are as lax as mine

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 13:39   #19
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Only if I'm pulling an all-nighter; caffeine doesn't seem to do anything to me any more but since I don't smoke regularly nicotine keeps me go-go-going for hours.
Unread 14 Jan 2004, 16:15   #20
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

i quit for new years
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2004, 14:38   #21
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
its doing things like drinking 6 ltrs of coke a day
do that for a few years and your teeth will look as bad as smokers teeth, nice and stained etc.

YUMMMMMMMY
Unread 4 Feb 2004, 14:34   #22
Epcylon

Epcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of lightEpcylon is a glorious beacon of light

Never smoked, pizza every now and then, and usually 2l of coke per day, but trying to cut back... If only someone would stop stocking our fridge with coke all the time...
[R12]: HR free-pe0n | [R13-]: HR pe0n
Epcylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2004, 15:33   #23
Goatsemaster
Just like science!

Goatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of lightGoatsemaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
do that for a few years and your teeth will look as bad as smokers teeth, nice and stained etc.

YUMMMMMMMY
Your aim is as accurate as ever.
Unread 6 Feb 2004, 20:55   #24
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcylon
Never smoked, pizza every now and then, and usually 2l of coke per day, but trying to cut back... If only someone would stop stocking our fridge with coke all the time...
And that would be you?