User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Nov 2003, 02:13   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Beer Mats

So, I saw this segment on a show lastnight about a Scottish mechanical engineer. Him and a buddy of his had noticed how hard it was to flip a beer mat up and catch it in mid-air, so they decided to design a more 'flip friendly' beer mat. Now, how many of you in the UK actually flip beer mats? And how many of you have seen this new beer mat....with the clear plastic 'wings' on the sides?

/edit: for those who have absolutly no idea as to what I'm on about....
http://www.exn.ca/video/?Video=exn20031112-beermat.asx
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 02:17   #2
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Mats

i sometimes sit and flip beer mats when i have nothing to do... havent seen these new ones yet though
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 02:20   #3
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

jeeez... this guy sucks!... you dont flip it miles in the air and hope you can catch it while it wobbles about everywhere.. youre supposed to flick it up and catch it quickly on the half turn, moron

NB: i dont do it that often
fo shizzle ma nizzle: a bastardization of "fo' sheezy mah neezy" which is a bastardization of "for sure mah nigga" which is a bastdardization of "I concur with you whole heartedly my African american brother."
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 02:34   #4
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

you mean you people ACTUALLY flip beer mats? I thought this guy was just a bit off his rocker....
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 03:22   #5
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
you mean you people ACTUALLY flip beer mats? I thought this guy was just a bit off his rocker....
Philistine!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/choice/games/ga.../beermat.shtml
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 03:26   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Beer Mats

.. From this week's guest publication: Beer Mat Flipper Monthly - For the professional beet mat flipper.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:13   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Before anyone says 'HEY HEY WAS WASTING MONEY' it was sponsored by (if memory serves) Boddingtons, so it wasn't exactly useful money anyway.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:17   #8
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

you should try the one with coins on your elbow and catching them, lots of fun, its in the guiness book of records or something

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:20   #9
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...videoid=100263

record beer mat flipper, is called Matt Hand. Sounds a bit sus to me,

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 12:43   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Play Table Football instead.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 18:55   #11
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Flipping beer mats wastes drinking time.
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 18:57   #12
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

ah but you know youre good when you can flip a beer matt while downing a pint