User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 3 Jun 2011, 12:50   #101
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all
Re: Round 42 shipstats discussion

i doubt anyone will go fi so i suggest no one makes any anti-fi all round, it will be a waste of resourses.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2011, 12:59   #102
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno. If only cath was a bit better I wouldn't be too opposed to go xan tbh. But as it is now there isn't going to be many caths to team my real fi with
Unread 3 Jun 2011, 16:05   #103
guzlic

guzlic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Terran are good defensively, but they're gonna struggle on the offensive
if there gonna struggle with the strongest roiding fleet, what are other races going to do??
guzlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2011, 17:04   #104
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Well, first of all their de att fleet is pretty rubbish. Secondly, I think their BS fleet is overrated. It has been weakened quite a bit lately, and there are four classes of ships that can cover it, meaning that in theory it shouldnt be THAT hard for alliances to cover?
Unread 3 Jun 2011, 17:40   #105
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

I'm going xan fi Paisley I'm gunna rock ya world hehe since I don't expect alot of anti fi to be built I should squeeze through most times

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 07:09   #106
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Well seems like another stupid round because of Ter, why does there always have to be one "better" race than the rest. I dont think Ter would be that big a deal if there Bs didnt out init everything except xan Cr.
Tiamat101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 08:32   #107
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Tia - it seems you are in the massive minority tbh - most pl seem to like the stats and there has been very very little whinging about them - and mainly praise for Patrikc (which is deserved)

If you dont like them Tia there is a simple solution - DONT PLAY!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 09:11   #108
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

if there has been little whining it is because the general consensus is that they are so crap there is no fixing it...

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 09:26   #109
isildurx

Anyone who thinks these stats are crap has obviously not paid attention to previous sets of stats..

I'm not saying these stats are perfect but every race is playable and no race appears to be vastly superior(I honestly don't like Ter THAT much).

The main problem of these stats is that FR as an attackfleet is pretty much useless and DE not much better.

Last edited by isildurx; 4 Jun 2011 at 10:08.
isildurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 10:13   #110
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

as far as stats go, these are pretty damn good. the fact that i disagree with isildurx regard FR and DE fleets proves that. i think these stats leave it alot up to opinion on how u play, which is a good thing.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 11:09   #111
isildurx

Did pateam get their ass in gear and remove the Terran salvagebonus?
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 11:10   #112
Reincarnate
ToF

no.

Unread 4 Jun 2011, 11:21   #113
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

reduced it down to 15%
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 11:23   #114
Reincarnate
ToF

did they publicise that anywherE?

Unread 4 Jun 2011, 11:26   #115
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Not that i could see
http://game.planetarion.com/manual.p...n=549692099771
I just noticed it in the manual
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 11:27   #116
isildurx

Lolz, how nice of them not to announce such things :\
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 11:51   #117
Reincarnate
ToF

well, at least it has been done i guess :

Unread 4 Jun 2011, 13:17   #118
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Lol i love that isil thought they might announce it - this is the pa team were talking about - they have to follow the Jagex way of communication now ie. NONE

Influence: you might think the stats are crap but as Rein says the fact there is SO much difference of opinion on what to play that surely means they are what we wanted... fair stats which you have to make the decision on what you play and not just play the easy choice - because this round there isnt one
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 17:34   #119
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
fair stats which you have to make the decision on what you play and not just play the easy choice - because this round there isnt one

Debatable...
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 18:07   #120
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
and not just play the easy choice - because this round there isnt one
True, there´s a fair amount of ways to go, however as alliance strategy, I´d say the easy way would be wait until 30 min b4 tick start, look at the uni and the spread of races, and pick your desired setup acordingly. Truth is, that these stats are so spread, that the best choice is to pick whatever the opposition is weak against.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 19:52   #121
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Well Kaiba, just because Ter has a single ship that stops there bs attack fleet means that they will free roid 4 races, all round long. To me that seems like a bit of a problem. Because no one else gets to do that. Otherwise i think these stats are great, As far as changes i'd change the wyvren to init 10 and be done with it. They can still roid zik/ter/cath Which is more than enough.
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 20:01   #122
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Tia if an alliance goes BS as a strategy they will just be farmed all round long by everyone else - as much as Ter BS can gain roids it can just as quickly lose them. Thats why the stats are fair because overall no one can hold onto there roids without alliance help - so a lot wqill come down to how active you and your allaince are - the most active and diverse alliances will win. If you play lazy you will do shit - this is the problem ppl such as Wishmaster have with ST rounds - they have to put some effort in to finish well.

As i said before if you dont like the stats or want to play to a decent standard to get your rank then dont bother signing up - after several rounds of appalling stats we finally have a diverse set - you can look at the universe spread already and see its very even (yes i know its earlier days but still this time last round it was like 80% cat/ter and 20% the rest at this stage) and overall i think people are happy about that.

The main reason ppl are whingin on here is because there is no definate strong race alliances are struggling to make pre round strats to counter expected wars
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 20:03   #123
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
True, there´s a fair amount of ways to go, however as alliance strategy, I´d say the easy way would be wait until 30 min b4 tick start, look at the uni and the spread of races, and pick your desired setup acordingly. Truth is, that these stats are so spread, that the best choice is to pick whatever the opposition is weak against.
Can anyone recall a round where F5 button has been so critical before a round starts? :P

as the % stand for the uni at the mo

Terran 20%
Cathaar 17%
Xandathrii 26%
Zikonian 22%
Eitraides 12%

I'll have zik and ter tick plans on standby
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 20:34   #124
Tiamat101

Kaiba what is going to roid Ter? Cath co sure but if there are more than 30 co planets this round i will be shocked and they are easily covered by ingal rogues so that ends that. Or they going to be roided by bs? Well thats already been decided that chimi + de flack will out value the bs attackers. So.... brings me to ask how is ter going to lose roids.

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=qmty6d3b2vjb9qk
Cath value is appropiate to the value of his attack fleet. 60% attack 40% def.

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=b9qkgjslevyp4yy

Ok so ter will get roided by bs team ups, oh wait they have that fleet so they will be roiding any attackers back w/o any issue....

So that leaves us with de attackers which will get destroyed by syren and crappy, Fr attackers which will also get destroyed by Wyvrens and fire before they do.... Sooooo last but not least Cr attackers. Since Ter have 2 ships that target Cr both of which will be heavily flacked Cath are out of the question and that leaves to a zik/cat team up maybe being joined by a etd cr/bs.

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=wc42vsk9hecy1ud

All fleets are valued to apporiatly so.. I say again whats the point of having Ter bs be super powered on attack when they are perfectly defensive with just 1 ingal planet helping them....
Unread 4 Jun 2011, 22:03   #125
isildurx

I'm simply not going to bother argue this with you, due to;

a) I don't think you're willing to change your mind regardless
b) I don't necessarily disagree that Terrans are strong, I just think that you are overestimating them.

The way I see it one might need to team up to roid Terrans, but Terrans are going to have to team up to roid most things as well, unless they really specialize their bs fleet to hit a particular target, at which point defending against them becomes a simple task really.
Unread 5 Jun 2011, 00:23   #126
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

I do think that the stats are a bit defensive but look ok
Unread 5 Jun 2011, 14:19   #127
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Why are Etd Cr better than Zik Cr?
Blue_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2011, 18:26   #128
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
Why are Etd Cr better than Zik Cr?
While I don't necessarily agree with your assessment, why are you comparing one fleet to another, when there are 5-6 more ships in both races to take into account?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2011, 21:09   #129
Kolla

Kolla is on a distinguished road

This is my conclusion about these stats:

CAT:
FI/Co fleet :looks very good they can beat any fi/co fleet except to the same cat (same mosquito problem)
Anti FR : Viper - pathetic - I can imagine the alliance channel ,asking each day "ANTI FR NEED ETA 8 PLEASE SEND ME SEND ME PLEASE"
XAN:
Spectre: I love this ship finally a good anti BS for those hated ter BS ships
ANTI DE: Revenant - is this a joke? - PA team just dont make anti DE for xan race, could be beter
TER:
Another round dominated by this race
weakness: again TYCOONS!!!
ETD:
They could be a good race in hands of one experienced player
ANTI BS : Centaur init 9 ? waste of resources
FLEETS: they can build: CO FLEET - FR FLEET - BS FLEET - CR FLEET
1 for each slot in the fleet page and home base
FR FLEET: I can imagine now a FR Etd FLEET with 9 different types of ships - for a mid game FR FLEET could be a EMP-Steal-Attack-CLoak FLEET - CRAZY!!
ZIK:
INIT: Rogue -Coutlass and Marauder - Smuggler : tags overwhelming
ANTI BS: ANTI BS NEED ETA 9 PLEASE !!!! Remember this phrase or copy this for the alliance channel

My prediction for this round will be that the Ter Race will be the winner followed by the Etd Race
PA is dying come on¡¡¡ recruit more people
Kolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 2011, 22:13   #130
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Consider these stats finalized, if you see any gaping holes or oversights, speak up now or be forever silenced.
When will the stats be offically confirmed final?
Unread 5 Jun 2011, 22:26   #131
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
as far as stats go, these are pretty damn good. the fact that i disagree with isildurx regard FR and DE fleets proves that. i think these stats leave it alot up to opinion on how u play, which is a good thing.
How do you see xan FR being playable? All I see is them getting fked hard :/ And I've been looking for it cause I was hoping on maybe playing Xan. The allydef options vs. are insane
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 00:07   #132
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

I think the spectre plus the amount of Xan signups so far has seriously dented the effectiveness of Ter BS - when you look at calcs of how effective the spectre is plus the factor in Xans fakability i think it will just be a round of Ter BS recalling and wishing they hadnt bothered wasting there credit rushing....
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 10:34   #133
Reincarnate
ToF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
How do you see xan FR being playable? All I see is them getting fked hard :/ And I've been looking for it cause I was hoping on maybe playing Xan. The allydef options vs. are insane
teamup with etd fr, or some de. ST is all about the teamups.

Unread 6 Jun 2011, 17:45   #134
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't teamup with FR if I had DE, they bring too much weakness. And the only help xan FR bring to ETD FR is the anti-CR, which also pwns them in the end. I'm talking mainly zik CR now because I think there will be much of those around while hardly any ETD CR. Sure some more firepower vs. BS and the kill vs. FI.
ETD FR are pretty much equal vs. BS as xan FR. ETD FR have the higher armour so kind of better as a second firing ship.
Kill vs. FI is good, but double EMP works damn well too.

So no, I still don't see any greatness in xan FR. Maybe the faked revenants to fk away smugglers but not much else than that.
Unread 6 Jun 2011, 17:49   #135
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

there will be xan fr cos it does team up with etd fr and has cloakability leeches def fleets and so on - there will be a lot of xan players regardless cos of the spectre, but if most go fi then inturn we will see the might of the pegasus rear its head again and suddenly ter de looks a better option
Unread 8 Jun 2011, 10:15   #136
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Seems to be a nice spread in race distribution.

Although has the amount of xans have anything to do with how Terran BS was so hyped up and the spectre is the best anti bs in game?
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jun 2011, 11:05   #137
Reincarnate
ToF

could be because there is very little ally anti-fi out there.

Unread 8 Jun 2011, 12:34   #138
isildurx

That's very true, many planets will have to rely on ingal anti fi def for sure.
Unread 8 Jun 2011, 12:47   #139
Reincarnate
ToF

also, with the correct fleet balance, add some cat and xan co to the mix and its pretty damn good.

Unread 9 Jun 2011, 11:45   #140
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
could be because there is very little ally anti-fi out there.
Aye, probably a combination of both.

Still got to be the most even race distribution I've seen for a few rds.....must mean there's something right with these stats! :P
Ultores
Unread 9 Jun 2011, 12:11   #141
Reincarnate
ToF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Aye, probably a combination of both.

Still got to be the most even race distribution I've seen for a few rds.....must mean there's something right with these stats! :P
certainly seems to be the case.

Unread 10 Jun 2011, 01:49   #142
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

As the round is starting tomorrow, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for helping me balance the stats. I'm quite happy with them, there are some things I'm still worried about but let's see how they turn out. Etd is a little underrepresented, I think they might have a hard time, but if they can get a few good steals in they can be godlike forts.

Again, thanks everyone and good luck in the round!
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 09:33   #143
PewPewQQ
Google Me.
Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Summer Games Champion, Twelve Swap Champion

PewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the roughPewPewQQ is a jewel in the rough

Good job Patrikc

Actually looking forward to this round with these stats!

PewPewQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 09:38   #144
Reincarnate
ToF

Terran 189(23%) OF (: 0
Cathaar 191(23%) OF (: 0
Xandathrii 175(21%) OF (: 0
Zikonian 170(20%) OF (: 0
Eitraides 93(11%) OF (: 0

speaks for itself i think.

Unread 10 Jun 2011, 11:55   #145
Colt
Mercenary

Looks like it won't be the Cr/Bs dominated round everyone thought it would be
Ultores
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 14:11   #146
Reincarnate
ToF

Terran 198(24%) OF (: 0
Cathaar 187(23%) OF (: 0
Xandathrii 145(18%) OF (: 0
Zikonian 170(21%) OF (: 0
Eitraides 93(11%) OF (: 0

or maybe it will be cr/bs :P

Unread 10 Jun 2011, 14:13   #147
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I dont really like these ST stats. To me, ST stats should always be about being offensive as possible and encourage everyone to solo attack. Each race should have a massive glaring hole while also being able to take advantage of another races hole.

It shouldnt be possible to solo-cover attacks easily. There seems to be too many 'defensive' ships in these stats and not enough holes.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 14:32   #148
Reincarnate
ToF

i think pretty much every race can be solo'd by a couple of different fleets. IMO ST is about team up as you will, obviously, target less so need a buddy to cover those.

in other words, i couldnt disagree more with you light.

Unread 10 Jun 2011, 15:18   #149
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO if you want newer players to stay, make it easier for them to land. Not criticising the stats from a balance perspective, but they could have been more attack minded.
Unread 10 Jun 2011, 15:27   #150
Patrikc

Where did ~30 of those Xans go Reincarnate? :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Each race should have a massive glaring hole while also being able to take advantage of another races hole.
I think you need to look closer, then...