User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Mar 2004, 12:48   #1
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The Budget

The economist in me's favourite day of the year!

Any predictions of what's going to be in it? (T&f?!! )
What would you like to see in it?

I expect loophole to be closed (not a staggering claim I know), maybe the normal taxes like on cigarettes and beer, prolly not petrol though, and maybe an odd surprise.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 12:49   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Budget

Knowing Gordon Brown and our current big deficit I'd say taxes are going up, up and awaaaayy!!!!!
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 12:51   #3
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Erm...there's a small surplus or at least there will be this year (quite good growth this year)
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 12:57   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I shall not listen to your Brownesque lefty propaganda
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 12:58   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

I am neither Brownesque nor definately lefty

I am however listenin to BBC2
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:01   #6
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

You lie!

You LIE!!!!!!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:01   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I predict some rubbish measure to try and remedy the housing market.

e.g. New banding of stamp duty, some other subsidies or something for key-worker, etc accomodation.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:18   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Do you like Gordon T&F?
Is he a nice guy?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:20   #9
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nice custom title
I'm gonna stick to mine and not change it.
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:42   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I predict some rubbish measure to try and remedy the housing market.

e.g. New banding of stamp duty, some other subsidies or something for key-worker, etc accomodation.
Winner at 12:41!!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:48   #11
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
The economist in me
must resist....
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:49   #12
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Gordon Brown is a bit shy, Jack Straw is very nice, David Blunkett is an utter twat.
Pretty much what I'd expect well maybe not so much with JS.

What bout old 2 jags JP? I bet he's quite funny - ie tells crap jokes!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 13:51   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
must resist....
Yes Rag, I meant I am shaggin an economist :rollyeyes:
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:00   #14
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Someone broke into my room last week and stole almost everything I owned but he just came back today and decided to return a bottle of shampoo and a tub of mayonaisse because he felt guilty about taking my TV and hifi and I was all like "o hay you are so nice :))))"
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:02   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Beer: up 1p a pint
Wine: 4p a bottle
Cigarettes: 8p (supposedly inflationary)
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:06   #16
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: The Budget

Quote:
Beer: up 1p a pint
Wine: 4p a bottle
Cigarettes: 8p (supposedly inflationary)
That's class war, that is. I wouldn't be surprised if he dons a flat cap, starts breeding whippets and saying 'eh up.' before the day is out.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:09   #17
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
That's class war, that is. I wouldn't be surprised if he dons a flat cap, starts breeding whippets and saying 'eh up.' before the day is out.
But churches can reclaim all VAT!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:09   #18
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Cigarettes should be £15 a packet to help cover the cost of all the medical attention they will need because of their elective cancer habit
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:13   #19
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
Cigarettes should be £15 a packet to help cover the cost of all the medical attention they will need because of their elective cancer habit
socialism wins again
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:16   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
We always win.

Not out on the street you dont - those tryin to sell The Socialist (or whatever it is) and get you to sign petitions just get shunned and rightly so - I just reply with "no thanks, I'm an economist" it sends them packin!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:17   #21
Nodrog

Quote:
"no thanks, I'm an economist"
lolling.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:18   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Actually they shoud be £15 a packet so crack dealers can finally undercut those bastards at British American Tobacco.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:23   #23
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
socialism wins again
whats that then?
and am i one of them?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:26   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
whats that then? and am i one of them?
I think Nodrog is referring to socialised medicene. In a system where we all pay for each others healthcare (basically) there is incentive to support authotarian policies (e.g. banning smoking) . Or he could have just generally meant taxes = socialism = death or somesuch.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:31   #25
Nodrog

Quote:
whats that then?
and am i one of them?
I dunno, you sound like it

Do you desperately crave control over the lives of others and see things like national health care as a good way to help achieve it?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:39   #26
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Do you desperately crave control over the lives of others and see things like national health care as a good way to help achieve it?
I only crave control over pretty young girls, and even then only in a hand-cuffs and wire coat-hanger context. Does that count?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:43   #27
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: The Budget

Small boys, on Lenin's knee, red flags for goalposts. Marvellous, isn't it?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:44   #28
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
I dunno, you sound like it

i dont desperately crave control over anyone
i just think that i shouldnt be paying to help someone who chooses to make themselves ill
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:46   #29
Nodrog

Quote:
i dont desperately crave control over anyone
i just think that i shouldnt be paying to help someone who chooses to make themselves ill
I dont think I should be paying to help someone who got gastroesophageal reflux. You win some you lose some.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:51   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I dont think I should be paying to help someone who got gastroesophageal reflux. You win some you lose some.
Surely you would if you had private medical insurance though?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:52   #31
madi
a little bit broken

Quote:
why dont you think you should be helping them?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:52   #32
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

The tax they pay on cigarettes more than covers the cost of smoking related diseases. Plus they die younger, hurrah for smokers.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 14:53   #33
Nodrog

Quote:
why dont you think you should be helping them?
Because I dont want to?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:02   #34
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

How does gastroesophageal reflux stop them from working. For that matter, how does the guy at a building we do work at not be to work at all because he has aids but can go out all night and pound other guys. Yet, I am stuck paying for his lifestyle through Social Security.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:03   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
How does gastroesophageal reflux stop them from working.
Well, it doesn't but that's not really related to the NHS. If anything the NHS increases the average fitness of the workforce.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:05   #36
Intrepid00

What if their lazy mother****ers and stay home all day. What money do they put into the system then.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:07   #37
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
The tax they pay on cigarettes more than covers the cost of smoking related diseases. Plus they die younger, hurrah for smokers.
yes, thats what sir humphrey said! so it must be true.

nb. it probably is.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:09   #38
Intrepid00

Quote:
Many people's illnesses are self inflicted though. What about peopel who fall over, why should I pay for their x-rays. What about old people, why should I pay if they choose to live too long, what about peopel with Cancer, what about maternity wards, why should I pay for you to have a kid?

We pay for the health service because ultimately the knowledge that if we were to become ill or be injured we would be taken care of is worth more than just the cost of the treatment.
What about lazy mofos that don't work.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:12   #39
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not out on the street you dont - those tryin to sell The Socialist (or whatever it is) and get you to sign petitions just get shunned and rightly so - I just reply with "no thanks, I'm an economist" it sends them packin!
thats the big issue you donut
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:15   #40
Intrepid00

I make $$$ and add to our GDP and spend $$$ raising the GDP more which help's our consumer based economy instead being a negative cashflow.

Also, **** the unemployed. If they want a job they can get it. Even if it means working temporaly at some crappy fast food joint.

People should not be getting more out of the goverment then what they put in.

As for Children, I support CHIP
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:16   #41
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

according to the BBC's budget calculator i am going to be 48p a week better off!
yey me!
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:17   #42
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
and provide an elemnt of risk to burglars.
That made me laugh a lot
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:18   #43
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

I was at the hopsital today. Thanks for your support Nod.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:22   #44
Intrepid00

Quote:
What? You actually make dollars, so you work at the federal reserve then?

Working in a fast food restaurant doesn't provide a living wage in the US as I understand it? Also presumably there are short term unemployed, should they not have a little time to find a job?

Peopel are more than just units of production. i realise that your only purpose in life is to shoulder the burden of American economic statistics, but other people have other priorities.
That is why I said temporary, you know. Till you found a better paying job.

When my father and mother first got married my Dad worked 3 jobs to stay off welfare for the first 2 years.

Yes, I do make $$$ because the paper is just paper. Its the GDP (my work output) that makes it worth something.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:26   #45
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid00
instead being a negative cashflow.
How can you be a negative cashflow (to a country)?

Do poor people import more goods than the rich?
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:27   #46
Nodrog

The 'self-inflicted' split doesnt really work in practice, since you could convincingly argue that a lot of 'illnesses' are actually self-inflicted, whether directly or indirectly.

Quote:
We pay for the health service because ultimately the knowledge that if we were to become ill or be injured we would be taken care of is worth more than just the cost of the treatment.
No, 'we' pay for the health service because 'we' would be sent to jail if 'we' didnt.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:28   #47
Nodrog

Quote:
YES but what do you do, is your work vital to the American economy?
Why is this relevant? You keep repeating it like youre attempting to make a profound point or something.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:29   #48
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
No, 'we' pay for the health service because 'we' would be sent to jail if 'we' didnt.
I wouldn't even say that's true. We don't even get a faux choice. Aside from council tax, it's almost impossible for me to avoid paying taxes. It's taken from my pay before I ever see it, and VAT is charged on any relevent goods with or without my consent.
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:30   #49
Nodrog

Quote:
So you are saying that people are unwilling to pay for the health service?
yes
Unread 17 Mar 2004, 15:31   #50
Intrepid00

Quote:
It takes time to find a good job, for starters you have to fill out the application forms, some of them practically ask for your life's story. Also there are interviews to go to and preparations to be made. Many of the une,mployed won't have access to the internet from home so it is harder and more time consuming to search for jobs.

So you are saying your dad had to work really hard just so he wouldn't have t accept assistance. Soemtimes one fo the hardest things to do is ask for help. Maybe your dad should have spent a bit less time working and a bit more time teaching you to have compassion for those less fortunate or able than youself.

YES but what do you do, is your work vital to the American economy?
If I stop working and collect welfare and unemployment I not only lower (marginally) the GDP but I will also be another negative cash flow.

It does take time to find a good job, that is why you get two jobs if you have to till you find a better one. Asking for help would be going to the local church foodbank.