User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Jan 2008, 15:41   #1
Lui
Lemming

Lui is an unknown quantity at this point
Alliance Setup

I have been absent from Planetarion for a long time, or at least what seems to be. I have attempted to glean information from alliance discussion regarding the current make-up of alliances/politics/standings but I find it incredibly difficult to follow threads here. Difficulty in reading coupled with a deep running lethargy regarding forum browsing has led me to this post. If my laziness and inability to trawl posts offends or upset you, please ignore this thread and let it sink to the depths until deleted.

What is the current method of alliances in Planetarion, still using blocks or are they a thing of the past? One of the most interesting facets of this game was the political nature.

Off-topic, I'd like to say a 'Hi there!' to anyone who may remember me. I imagine that 16 rounds are long enough for people to forget one of the less public lemmings.
Unread 22 Jan 2008, 16:21   #2
ElAlan
Muppet

ElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of lightElAlan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance Setup

If you have been gone for 16 rounds then yes the alliance set up has changed a lot, the main way being that alliances are now coded into the game itself and limited to 60 people "in tag" of each alliance. This means you can see exactly how many planets each alliance has in tag and their accumulated score so at round end the alliance with most score "wins".

Politics wise has changed a bit too, there is still a bit of alliances napping/allying but no blocks any more rly, probably owing more to a lack of players/alliance size, so alliances mostly play solo napped to another alliance or perhaps allied to one, usually shown by who they "buddypack" with at round start. This is a quite new thing too, where instead of priv gals you can choose 4 other players to be with in a galaxy which will be filled up with randoms, most will be 3 of one alliance and 2 of another, ths these two alliances will be friendly 90% of the time.

I'd say politics is almost more planet/galaxy based nowadays with planets getting their own naps with hostile alliances, and sometimes galaxies doing the same and "fence sitting" to the win.

Saying all this but last round was quite interesting where 5 or more alliances actually managed to cooperate long enough to heavily attack the top 2 alliances costing them both victory in the end, which was nice....

Retired.
ElAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2008, 19:59   #3
Lui
Lemming

Thank you for your concise and informative response.
Unread 23 Jan 2008, 00:20   #4
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

I have nothing to add, but i just wanted say .... HI LUIGI!!!!
Unread 23 Jan 2008, 02:13   #5
Lui
Lemming

Always hirr! I miss you OlaTa!
Unread 23 Jan 2008, 02:30   #6
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

hirr!
Unread 23 Jan 2008, 18:01   #7
Lui
Lemming

It is truly satisfying to see our name is still thought of fondly. I hope everyone is well and enjoying themselves.
Unread 24 Jan 2008, 12:30   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Come play EVE with us, Lui