User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 2 Sep 2007, 18:38   #51
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Whats makes a good alliance HC ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
I don't know how it worked out internally in NoS after that, but pretty much everyone wanted to screw them over r14 onwards. ND were certainly going to ruin NoS' r14...

I wonder how much this contributed to their eventual collapse.
I wonder how an alliance setting out to ruin someone elses round rather than do what is best for themselves can be a good thing for themselves?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2007, 22:35   #52
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
NoS did land a second place finish in r13 or something aswell tho.
Third.
Unread 2 Sep 2007, 22:38   #53
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
I don't know how it worked out internally in NoS after that, but pretty much everyone wanted to screw them over r14 onwards. ND were certainly going to ruin NoS' r14...

NoS' collapse had nothing to do with ND or any other alliance. People just simply got tired of the game and quit, and almost no one in command burned for the game anymore.
Unread 2 Sep 2007, 23:42   #54
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:

And here I thought that ND was just being lap dogs for 1up in r14.

At the end NoS only had 29 members or less. The rest were poached and most went off to NPA which became TGV in R15. I was the top scoring NoS and failed to get in the Top 100 which was both a first for NoS and the last round NoS would play. Would have scored higher but I kept trying to crash on 1up planets few of which could retail on me due to my low value but they sure had loads of defense.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 19:30   #55
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
And here I thought that ND was just being lap dogs for 1up in r14.

At the end NoS only had 29 members or less. The rest were poached and most went off to NPA which became TGV in R15. I was the top scoring NoS and failed to get in the Top 100 which was both a first for NoS and the last round NoS would play. Would have scored higher but I kept trying to crash on 1up planets few of which could retail on me due to my low value but they sure had loads of defense.
ND were never 1up's lapdogs.

But back to the original question, I consider myself a good HC when I did it in R14/15. I consider Gate to be a fantastic HC, and Grog to be an even better HC. We all have very different skills, and very different reasons for why we were as good as we were. There is no set amount of skills that makes a good HC.
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 19:31   #56
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I wonder how an alliance setting out to ruin someone elses round rather than do what is best for themselves can be a good thing for themselves?
I don't see how they can't be mutually exclusive.
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 20:17   #57
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Shits and giggles. Because they want to. Because they feel like it. Because it makes them feel better.

And if they achieve it and feel happy about it, I doubt they care. However shit it is.
Unread 4 Sep 2007, 08:59   #58
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:

You shouldnt really flatter yourself. NoS had 90% of the BC's retiring and quite a few members going to other allies(after rounds of poaching). In the end, the only really active commander left was Cin, so we decided to disband rather to start from scratch again. It had absolutely nothing to do with other alliances' activities, maybe except for the several rounds of poaching.

Oh and for the record; i consider myself as a shit HC.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Sep 2007, 12:24   #59
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
You shouldnt really flatter yourself. NoS had 90% of the BC's retiring and quite a few members going to other allies(after rounds of poaching). In the end, the only really active commander left was Cin, so we decided to disband rather to start from scratch again. It had absolutely nothing to do with other alliances' activities, maybe except for the several rounds of poaching.

Oh and for the record; i consider myself as a shit HC.

You left out the huuuge WOW monster that ate up all the activity.
Unread 4 Sep 2007, 15:11   #60
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
You left out the huuuge WOW monster that ate up all the activity.
That monster actually ate up 80% of our command, and that's no joke at all
Unread 5 Sep 2007, 06:07   #61
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
That monster actually ate up 80% of our command, and that's no joke at all
And curses to Aria's computer and hubbie who never fixed it
Unread 5 Sep 2007, 19:27   #62
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

I stand by my orignal point on Nos, i would however once again like to call Dingo back out for his honest views on that situation.

Any responce from the big man? (-:
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 03:07   #63
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Stop implying that he's fat he's just a tad chubby

* We do not exist *

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 08:48   #64
Nadar
I see you!

He's bald too...
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 15:33   #65
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
He's bald too...
No I'm not... but I do like bald pussy, does that count?
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 15:34   #66
Dingo
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
I stand by my orignal point on Nos, i would however once again like to call Dingo back out for his honest views on that situation.

Response about what?
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 15:35   #67
WipeOut
Playboy

WipeOut is an unknown quantity at this point

NoS' finest at work.
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 15:50   #68
Premier98

Premier98 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yehh iam realy proud of my rounds in NoS and yes Dingo style is special and yehh it shakes the whole PA community ...he pissed of HC he pissed of players and members...but damd it was fun and he was there

Dingo as President
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 16:30   #69
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo
No I'm not... but I do like bald pussy, does that count?
oh dingo :/

She even shaved for you..
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 16:32   #70
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's a trap.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Sep 2007, 17:33   #71
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

rofl nads. I'd like to nominate that post for the comedy awards!

* We do not exist *

Unread 7 Sep 2007, 21:56   #72
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
It's a trap.
So true!

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 00:18   #73
Dingo
God

Quote:
oh dingo :/

She even shaved for you..
I know you are into animals Nadar, but I'm not.
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 00:20   #74
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
I don't see how they can't be mutually exclusive.
Trying to decode those negatives is giving me brain-ache. Are you saying that you don't see how those two objectives can be compatible or are you saying you don't see how those two options can be exclusive?

Wanting to screw the enemy IS totally compatible with wanting to do well - though neither is a pre-requisite for the other. Equally, I can see how you could claim that taking either obective as a prime directive makes fulfilling the other tricky (at best). But which are you claiming is the case? And are you sproviding anything other than your word as subastantive evidence for whatever it is that you're arguing?

Don't get me wrong - I don't actually care what your point is. But it would be nice to know what bollocks it is you're claiming just so I could dispose of it in a sentence without wasting a paragraph on it.

Getting back to the thrust of the discussion, you can all argue all you want why it is that Exi are doing well - the fact remains it's because they're better than you. And yes, they beat 1up multiple times - we aren't excluded from that comment. GL to Exi from my perspective - you're probably the only ones left with the ability to actually deserve a win.

And login to Eve fs Zhil

EDIT: And who's Dongo? Vaguely remember having a login to someone's account by that name in about R5 but are they still relevant to anything?
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 00:27   #75
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo
I know you are into animals Nadar, but I'm not.
Is that really true, DINGO?
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 13:38   #76
Anakin
Stealth & Shadows

Anakin is on a distinguished road

Amused.
Anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 14:14   #77
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Liar

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Oct 2007, 05:50   #78
Landor Maxim

Landor Maxim is an unknown quantity at this point

I would follow you to the ends of the Universe Misty. May my ships be yours to venture forth to slay the rabid enemies and my roids be your galactic fuel to keep you awake through the dark and forboding hours that come upon one just before the attack.

Peace is just an image of unreality on which dreams are made and reality never comes.

Forsooth much expounding from the vocal cords force one to open a bottle of wine and toast to Mistwraith a true warrior of dreams.
Landor Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Oct 2007, 01:03   #79
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Best "skills" for an alliance HC is the skill of convincing people. Make em belive in you and trust you in everything.
How good a HC does ingame is not important. As long as he/she makes the best out of an alliance