User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 17 Apr 2007, 16:42   #1
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light
Skins - Question/Request

I wonder why there is no "Excel" like skin, i remember that there was once in PA?

it was quite useful, especially at work

thx a lot in advance for replies
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 16:52   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Skins - Question/Request

Hello Kree, long time no see.

The reason why the excel skin and all the old skins are gone is because the game has gone through some changes that have made the old skins unusable. There are people working on making new skins from time to time, but as of now, I havent heard of anyone planning to remake the old excel skin.
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 16:54   #3
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Hello Kree, long time no see.

The reason why the excel skin and all the old skins are gone is because the game has gone through some changes that have made the old skins unusable. There are people working on making new skins from time to time, but as of now, I havent heard of anyone planning to remake the old excel skin.
yeah havenīt played for some rounds, well thats a pity, as i am sure many ppl wanting to check pa from time to time at work would be very happy if someone makes an excel one
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 19:45   #4
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Jolt want to spend a bare minimum amount of cash on the game.
So every round they change stats (needs an entire it department 24/7 2 weeks) and then they jack up the support bots in the appropriate chans.

Revamping skin to their new layout would take them at least a day, and as I said they needed all the manpower changing the stats

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 20:53   #5
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

Hi Kree xD

And more skins would be nicer to choose from.
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 21:52   #6
Kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
Hi Kree xD

And more skins would be nicer to choose from.
hey Shosh xD hows you?

it canīt take that long to make skins...or?? there were days when nearly every alliance made a skin - canīt someone step up and make the ones which were available (especially the excel skin) available for this new pa ?
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 23:15   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Jolt want to spend a bare minimum amount of cash on the game.
So every round they change stats (needs an entire it department 24/7 2 weeks) and then they jack up the support bots in the appropriate chans.

Revamping skin to their new layout would take them at least a day, and as I said they needed all the manpower changing the stats

I have to disagree slightly with you. Jolt hardly cares at all about PA, thats true, but none of the skins that was made for the old outlook was made by Jolt, they were mostly made by graphic artists within the community. I think that the PA team endorses and wants people make them, and I am sure that there will come more skins when the graphic monkeys gets started.

In regards to the stats changing, I wont start a whole new thread to detour the thread, but in my opinion the stats change to much each round.
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 23:31   #8
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bring back the excel skin, I don't want to get sacked!
Unread 18 Apr 2007, 09:17   #9
Walldo
Stealth & Shadows

Walldo is on a distinguished road

Yes, the excel skin is a must for us working guys.

Playing since RND1 and counting

Proud to have been

Newdawn

Wolfpack - WPO - OoO - Kralizec Stealth & Shadows - []LCH[] - [1up] - VisioN - TFD
Ultores - Conspiracy Theory - Concordium - WaC - Blue Tuba - Fury - Thieves & Pirates - OUZO -Vengeance - Elysium - Mistu - LOST - 4S - GoCi - FAnG - Novus Ordo Seclorum - Xanadu - BULL - VGN -xVx
Walldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2007, 09:30   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

I expirienced difficulties with the constant use of various colors on the main page, especially from the PA Team a problem when using the excel skin. Wish PA team could use monochromatic color choices when updating the overview screen.
Unread 18 Apr 2007, 11:07   #11
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2007, 11:33   #12
Kileman
Commander

Kileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to beholdKileman is a splendid one to behold

Bring back the excel skin :\

Time was spent developing the ugly orange one.. so why cant a plain text on white background one come back D:
________
G-SERIES VANS

Last edited by Kileman; 24 Feb 2011 at 22:28.
Kileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 2007, 20:50   #13
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Unread 19 Apr 2007, 02:19   #14
Dorraj
[TGV]

Dorraj has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
agreed

it was also very good when i was at school, IT teacher had no idea!
Round 16 - No PA
Round 17 - TGV - Officer
Round 18 - Omen - Officer
Round 19 - TGV - HC
Round 20 - TGV - Officer
Round 21 - TGV - Officer
Round 22 - 42 - No PA
Round 43 - TGV - Peon
Dorraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 08:43   #15
Ratcha

Ratcha will become famous soon enoughRatcha will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
[R19: Hidden Agenda][Rank: 351]
[R20: Vengeance][Rank: 62]
[R21: Vengeance][Rank >200]
[R22: Vengeance][DNF]
[R23: Vengeance]

Its better to die on you're feet then to live on you're knees
Ratcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Apr 2007, 09:36   #16
Kree

anyone knows the guy/girl who did the last one??? cmon someone step up and bring us that excel skin back
Unread 8 May 2007, 11:12   #17
Kree

nothing happening? someone must know the guy / girl who did that excel skin!
Unread 8 May 2007, 11:17   #18
Cincinnatus
PA Team

Cincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud ofCincinnatus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
nothing happening? someone must know the guy / girl who did that excel skin!
kloopy did.
MultiHunter Team -#multihunters
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 22:43   #19
Elevator
Crackhead

Elevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the roughElevator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
kree playing again? ace!
Unread 11 May 2007, 01:28   #20
Kree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator
kree playing again? ace!
where are you playing ele? yeah giving pa again a shot
Unread 15 May 2007, 13:43   #21
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I looked into doing a new text-only stylesheet, and possibly an Excel one as well.

However, despite the fact that the code has received a number of improvements last round (a number of which were even suggested by myself), it still is a gigantic mess of random font tags, mixed HTML and XHTML tags, nested tables and essentially lacking any sense of semantics or structure, making it way too much work to write a decent looking stylesheet that doesn't break something on half the pages.

So yeah, consider this my roundly rant at the developers who seemingly wouldn't recognize HTML if it hit them in the face with a baseball bat.

PS. Also half the skins currently ingame don't work properly (sup Cathaar) or are ****ing horrible to look at (sup The Gate).

Last edited by Leshy; 15 May 2007 at 13:51.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote