User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:07   #1
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Ever wondered what Eonium -is-?

We're just having a play about with some possible graphics for future rounds and we were wondering just what exactly Eonium looks like...

Thank God for the wonders of Google. I present to you... Eonium

http://images.google.com/images?q=eonium&sa=N&tab=wi

No kidding. It's a tree. You're ships are travelling across the Universe powered by trees!!!
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:15   #2
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ever wondered what Eonium -is-?

i may have to buy an eonium tree

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:23   #3
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

its a very nice tree tho, as trees go <me hugs a tree>
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:25   #4
Judge
Doh!

http://richbum.freeservers.com/ << I wonder what round that was ?

or perhaps it is from one of the Clones ?

<a bit off topic, but the result was thrown up by google on a search for eonium>
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:36   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

In early rounds, like R4 etc, Eonium was depicted as a bright green cloud of gas, and i think some of the fiction ffrom one of the portals claimed it was mined initially from Earth's moon, just enough of it there to send some starships out into deep space, founding the first human colonies in the universe, establishing a toehold in some of the harshest environments not imagined by earthlings...

and then the aliens came...

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:39   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge
http://richbum.freeservers.com/ << I wonder what round that was ?
Well, it has clusters around the 300 mark, so i'd guess it was prolly R3 or R4 just based on numbers, and secondly there are Black Widows in the scans, so at the earliest it was R4.

Interceptors and WF didnt make it into R6 stats, so at the latest it was R5.

I would bet R4 though.
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 15:52   #7
Ace
PA Team

Ace is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the roughAce is a jewel in the rough

Well in a way thats good.
Eonium being a tree we travel without making polution so we are way ahead of the car industry
#multihunters
----------------------------
Former HC - Conspiracy Theory -
- Proud to have served as -
- High Commander and CEO -
[]LCH[] ...lets change history
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 16:25   #8
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

"You cannot launch your fleet, your planet ran out of compost and your Eonium's died."
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 16:38   #9
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Trees grow on asteroids in cold outer space. Who knew!
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 17:53   #10
Judge
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Well, it has clusters around the 300 mark, so i'd guess it was prolly R3 or R4 just based on numbers, and secondly there are Black Widows in the scans, so at the earliest it was R4.

Interceptors and WF didnt make it into R6 stats, so at the latest it was R5.

I would bet R4 though.
I was thinking the same 4/5

thx for that
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 20:59   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's Round 4, considering the very first planet on that list is mine.
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 22:56   #12
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Call me crazy, but couldn;t we encorporate this into some kind of back story to PA...

"In 2020 it was discovered that the sap of the Eonium tree has some veru useful properties when refined that when combined with unique metals and crystals allows for a whole new dimension of space ships with hyperdrive capabilities for the first time allowing mankind to leave the galaxy"

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Oct 2006, 02:14   #13
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
"In 2020 it was discovered that the sap of the Eonium tree has some veru useful properties when refined that when combined with unique metals and crystals allows for a whole new dimension of space ships with hyperdrive capabilities for the first time allowing mankind to leave the galaxy"
Who would have thought? Trees saving the planet!

Unread 2 Oct 2006, 03:18   #14
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

In 2020 it was discovered that eonium leaves when dried could be smoked. It results in the smoker losing any sense of reality and running naked in the streets claiming he owns a planet, and command huge fleets of deadly ships...