User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 8 Jan 2007, 19:23   #1
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
My departure in little or no style.

Over the weekend just past, I stepped down formally from PA Team.

Life, my degree, my long term relationship with my always supporting girl friend and things in general must and will always come first. Sadly I no longer have the time to contribute to Planetarion in an administrative position.

I'd like to thank Assassin mostly for originally bringing me back to Planetarion as a MultiHunter whenever it was a couple of years ago and Appoco for giving me the chance in Support that lead to my short time running it. I'd also like to thank Kal for being a back ground mentor and putting me in my place when I needed it most. Lastly to Biffy for saying yes to my PA Team appointment.

The rest of PA Team past & present that I have had the chance to work with over my time in Support, MH & PA Team it's self are all great and wonderful people. I shall miss the many frantic panics when something goes wrong

I shall be hovering around on irc and playing Round 20 casually in a smaller alliance helping out where I can, using my experience in Support to try to bring newer players along. Maybe even writing a badly spelt forum post once in a while

Much love to all,

Marv

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 20:07   #2
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My departure in little or no style.

Thanks for your time marv. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 21:01   #3
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Thanks for sticking with us through all the troubles in recent times. I am sorry to see you go and I hope you stick around Good luck and best wishes with RL (and WoW :P)

(at least the BNC is now safe!)
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 21:35   #4
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Thank you god, he finally retired.
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 22:16   #5
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Bit disrespectful their matey. As Marv said i brought him back to PA and recruited him as a MH first as i had worked with him in an alliance. And to be honest, heck we have all made mistakes. But, Marv has proven to me, through those mistakes he also has learned and has accomplished a lot. Was a pleasure. Gl at uni etc bud.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 23:00   #6
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for everything marv, hope you will stick around for a bit.

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 02:02   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Have you no heart
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 16:29   #8
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

best of luck in what ever you may decide to do marv and thanks

Edit - Btw heartless that is bang out of order

Last edited by Paisley; 9 Jan 2007 at 16:37.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:11   #9
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Thats just Heartless, we know what he is like, lets ignore him

Bye Marvie :-)
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:26   #10
Heartless

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

So I replied to marv's goodbye thread (which really should be in the departure forum) in a typical "marv-answering-pa-related-question"-style. What's bad with that? Add in that probably noone outside pa team can recall something Marv contributed to Planetarion, except "unfriendly" (to be polite here) comments against users asking something about the game.

If you guys want some "Ringelpietz-mit-anfassen" as we germans call it (something like a nice round of butt-licking each other) then go jerk off on your internal boards.

PS: paisley, that negrep you gave me: the word is spelled "c" "u" "n" "t". Even you should manage to write that correctly.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:53   #11
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So I replied to marv's goodbye thread (which really should be in the departure forum) in a typical "marv-answering-pa-related-question"-style. What's bad with that? Add in that probably noone outside pa team can recall something Marv contributed to Planetarion, except "unfriendly" (to be polite here) comments against users asking something about the game.

If you guys want some "Ringelpietz-mit-anfassen" as we germans call it (something like a nice round of butt-licking each other) then go jerk off on your internal boards.

PS: paisley, that negrep you gave me: the word is spelled "c" "u" "n" "t". Even you should manage to write that correctly.
So you not got an excuse to complain about a swear word in your CP...
Everyone knows being in the PA team is a thankless job (who btw ensure that there is a PA to play in...mongo) reinforced by your own post. But if I was you I wouldnt be worried about a neg rep by me I would be more worried about playing next round which btw you never gave an answer back?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:17   #12
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
So you not got an excuse to complain about a swear word in your CP...
Everyone knows being in the PA team is a thankless job (who btw ensure that there is a PA to play in...mongo) reinforced by your own post. But if I was you I wouldnt be worried about a neg rep by me I would be more worried about playing next round which btw you never gave an answer back?
Being PA Team is indeed a thankless job, unless you manage to be useful. If marv would have been a bit more friendly on forums to other people then probably I would not have written that comment. Yes it is voluntary work, however that does not grant you a special right to **** something up. If he is pa team, he should behave accordingly and try to be friendly even though he might be annoyed as hell. Simple form of customer service :-) So what I did basically reinforce was that you get judged by what you do - and not what you tried to claim.

About next round... go figure?
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 18:44   #13
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Being PA Team is indeed a thankless job, unless you manage to be useful. If marv would have been a bit more friendly on forums to other people then probably I would not have written that comment. Yes it is voluntary work, however that does not grant you a special right to **** something up. If he is pa team, he should behave accordingly and try to be friendly even though he might be annoyed as hell. Simple form of customer service :-) So what I did basically reinforce was that you get judged by what you do - and not what you tried to claim.

About next round... go figure?
Comments like that no wonder no one shouted you a credit in r18.
Have a wee think about that one.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 20:04   #14
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley
Comments like that no wonder no one shouted you a credit in r18.
Have a wee think about that one.
Oh I so don't care. Roided your fellow subh-standard players all time anyway. But if you have any other trouble you should resort to private messages as you are perfectly derailing the thread at the moment.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 20:11   #15
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Quote:
Oh I so don't care. Roided your fellow subh-standard players all time anyway. But if you have any other trouble you should resort to private messages as you are perfectly derailing the thread at the moment.
Far from it, your comments and attitude ie on this thread is part of the reason why anyone didnt think of putting their hands in their pockets for you to have a paid planet... not even from your so called mates.
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 20:13   #16
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

go go gadget thread hijacking.

I wasnt planning to post here initially, as you know Marv we havent exactly been on the best of terms now and then.
Still i wish you well in life outside of PA. Gl
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 20:25   #17
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
go go gadget thread hijacking.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 00:12   #18
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I never liked your decisions Marv, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt seeing as I never knew the whole stories. I must say though, it seems as though you signed up to PATeam, took alot of stick, and decided to quit pretty soon - don't take it personally - seems everyone does it.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 06:32   #19
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So I replied to marv's goodbye thread (which really should be in the departure forum)
No it shouldn't, now be quiet.
Unread 11 Jan 2007, 13:17   #20
Saphi
Leo's Pwn :P

Saphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these partsSaphi is infamous around these parts

right this is too easy

firstly ive had too many run is with Marv and his terrible PR skills (well he aint got none) some of which wernt my fault (supprisingly)

and hartless yes i argee thank god hes gone form the team

but as a stand off point Marv good luck with your future adventures in rl and in pa and good luck for the future, have a good one
------------------------------------------------
The answers you seek are not here
Saphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2007, 15:33   #21
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: My departure in little or no style.

Marv, can't you at least take Saphi with you ?
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jan 2007, 22:01   #22
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Heartless- I have my own personal assessment of his behavior and contributions to PA. This isn't the place for them.

GL Marv in RL. Hope you find what your looking for in that big real world!
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21

Last edited by NitinA; 13 Jan 2007 at 23:28.
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2007, 05:50   #23
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

well miss you and your nonsense marv

Im sure you wont be able to stay away from us for too long

Look forward to your full return
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote