User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jun 2003, 13:52   #1
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quick question: Blocked scans

When someone scans you and you get a message saying its been blocked, does that mean that no information was gathered?

Also, if it says 'noticed a scan of unknown origin' does this indicate information was gathered but you detected it?

Can anyone give me the lowdown of scans.

Thanks
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 13:56   #2
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point
yes to both.

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 14:04   #3
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Sokar
yes to both.
thank you ever so
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 15:08   #4
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Quick question: Blocked scans

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
When someone scans you and you get a message saying its been blocked, does that mean that no information was gathered?

Also, if it says 'noticed a scan of unknown origin' does this indicate information was gathered but you detected it?

Can anyone give me the lowdown of scans.

Thanks
first one yes..

second one i have no idea about actually... i always thought they didn't get info either then... but not sure:S
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 15:13   #5
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Quick question: Blocked scans

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
first one yes..

second one i have no idea about actually... i always thought they didn't get info either then... but not sure:S
If you sector yourself and get through it says:

23/06/2003 11:46 GMT Wave Jam
Noticed 1 Unit Scan(s) with an unknown origin.

in private news...
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 15:29   #6
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Re: Re: Quick question: Blocked scans

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad

in private news...
If that were true, then either there would be another bug in PA or you scan yourself and get through without being noticed while someone else is unitscanning you. :P

(OK: I'm bored)
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 18:50   #7
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Re: Re: Re: Quick question: Blocked scans

Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyConrad

in private news...
i've never been stupid enough to sectorscan myself:/
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 19:31   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Quick question: Blocked scans

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
i've never been stupid enough to sectorscan myself:/
You mean you've never actually done it. That's something entirely different