User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Aug 2013, 23:53   #101
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
Re: My 2 cents about the future

Did they say they aren't going to run it anymore? I skim read the thread :|
oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2013, 01:48   #102
Merlin
Wizard

Merlin is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: My 2 cents about the future

They dont want the liability after the hack. And they don't want to sell it at a reasonable price. So right now the best bet is LL getting a licensing deal.... at least until they do want to sell it reasonably. They probably don't want to give up the name & domain though thats pretty much worthless without us!

If we have the code a slight variation on the name like Planetron (tm) (c) would do the job and make a smooth transition.

In any case its all talk till we have something concrete.
Unread 4 Aug 2013, 10:26   #103
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: My 2 cents about the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
A reasonable price for PA given it's current player base, code state, sentimental value, and historic brand name is probably somewhere between E35k-E100k. Some of you may be shocked about even these numbers, but I've bought and sold software companies in the past and valuation is just as much about perception as it is the actual financial fundamentals of a software product. I would imagine that somewhere in this range is where Spinner is willing to consider and since Spinner states that the price he's actually heard is quite a bit higher than what he is willing to consider then that puts my numbers in the ball park.

Shocking to the PA community? No doubt
I think the shock maybe not in what was paid for it, but that so much may have been paid and then and then so carelessly cast to one side and seemingly ignored, but then when you compare that investment with what Jagex reportedly turns over, it really wasn't that big an investment to them, though an eye watering sum of money to us mere mortals just saw there has been a new cov op and changes to government... Minor changes granted but maybe an indicator of things to come should LL's licensing deal complete and PA is back in the hands of ppl who care about it
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote