User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 28 Oct 2004, 18:14   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
10 Year Old Suffocated

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...e/3958699.stm#

Pretty damn sick that he wasn't convicted before.

If you ask, convicted of what?
This is it....

6 months back or so this "kid" was accused holding a girl to gun point, taping her mouth together with duck tape and taping her hands behind her back and throwing her in the back of his car and drove off down a country lane.

Now some how, she escaped. I do not have any information how but she did.

He was placed in court and of course, claimed not guilty.

This time around the Jury was not informed about his previous alledged case (apparentlly) and very shortly only the judge will be allowed to know about criminals previous convictions.

For example if a car thief is jail sentanced, then served time and then goes abck to court for stealing yet another car. The Jury will not be told of his previous conviction, this is to prevent the Jury from judging him/her from the past.

Stupid if you ask me

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 18:30   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 10 Year Old Suffocated

You should be sentencing someone for their crime and from what you can tell of their person there and then.

Bringing up previous court cases in the defendants lifespan isn't alays relevant to making a good judgement, especially seeing as if the defendant has served any time for those court cases then they will have been rehabilitated for them and stuff.

If they believe the defendant deserves a stronger sentence based on previous convictions then they weren't obviously good enough to pass the current one.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2004, 18:47   #3
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i was under the impression that currently (in the uk) previous crimes can't be brought up in a trial, and that the move was to make it so that they could in some cases (iirc, theft and murder or something).

not quite sure as to the point of the post...

-mist
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 01:56   #4
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

He has Asperger's and is sentenced to 14 years? That's terrible.

I'm sorry - maybe I'm being heartless. He probably didn't even understand what the implications were of what he was doing. To sentence the guy to that kind of imprisonment is wrong. I'm amazed he didn't get some kind of lenience for his difficulties.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:03   #5
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

What else would you recomend for him ? I'm assuming he won't be serving his sentance in a normal prison but in some kind of hospital ?
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:10   #6
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
What else would you recomend for him ? I'm assuming he won't be serving his sentance in a normal prison but in some kind of hospital ?
Looking at the related stories, it looks like he has had problems with the whole "power over young girls" thing before. I'm amazed his parents, or even the local Social Services (or any kind of Disabilities/Learning Difficulties group) didn't step in and try to sort it out.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:12   #7
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Always seems to be the case, I'd like to hope that for every **** up on their part there are hundreads of cases where they get it right and lives are saved, wishful thinking ?
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:15   #8
Tomkat

Quote:
Always seems to be the case, I'd like to hope that for every **** up on their part there are hundreads of cases where they get it right and lives are saved, wishful thinking ?
More like WHY AREN'T YOU IN BED YOU BIG BIG GEEK
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:16   #9
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Coursework due for tomorrow I said in the other thread turn your ICQ on and we can have a real time E chat, I don't want MSN as this girl keeps messaging me (OMG!) and it distracts me.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:32   #10
Tomkat

Quote:
Coursework due for tomorrow I said in the other thread turn your ICQ on and we can have a real time E chat, I don't want MSN as this girl keeps messaging me (OMG!) and it distracts me.
My laptop crashes whenever I try to open "My Computer". True story. I have to open every file by opening Mozilla and running it.

The battery is ****ed and thinks it's at 0%, and won't charge. So the computer constantly runs at "I'm about to die!" level, which sucks

So I doubt ICQ would load.
Unread 29 Oct 2004, 02:38   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Not very pleased with you now Thomas, I had lots of exciting things to talk about.