User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:27   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Ok Ok

I had my phone stolen by a Pikey today while getting off at Waterloo. The guy bumped into my on purpose and he got on the train as I got off.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:32   #2
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ok Ok

i feel cheated by the brevity of your explanation
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:33   #3
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Phone him and ask for it back.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:41   #4
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

The sim card and the phone will have long since been seperated.

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 20:47   #5
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That sucks. One reason why I'd hate living in London - the crime. My sister's there at uni and she was mugged in her first week. Her friend kneeled down to do her shoes for a second and had her bag run off with.

Maybe I've lived a sheltered existence in Exeter and Jersey, but I sure am glad I have.

Were you insured against that kind of thing?
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 15:04   #6
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
I had my phone stolen by a Pikey today while getting off at Waterloo. The guy bumped into my on purpose and he got on the train as I got off.
There are pikeys at Waterloo?!?

I regularly go to Waterloo (mainly to go to Richmond/Twickenham/Kingston/Hampton). I just got a new phone so I'll keep an eye out (since I'm going to one of the destinations mentioned tonight).

But about the incident, sorry man. London is really trying to be the next Brooklyn/Bronx/NYC.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 15:37   #7
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

this be why I have my hands in the very pocket my valuables are.

if anyone sneaks his man hand into the pocket where my man hand is Im likely to kill the man handeer
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 16:00   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I don't get that shit ever due to my Robert Deniro stylo when walking outside.
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 16:09   #9
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke

Thought looks, emotional wuss?
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 16:10   #10
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Every woman's dream, yeah.
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 16:20   #11
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I was at Waterloo just a few weeks ago!
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 17:19   #12
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

I got a Xvid of a DVD showing how they do that kind of thing. It's good to watch but I'm too much of a pussy to try it.
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2005, 23:00   #13
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Never ever happened to me- a few tricks:

1) If staying out in town late: i take an old 6210 and a discman- hence if anyone "asks" me for my valueables, I hand these two over keeping my 6260 (soon to be!) and mp3 player. Ireland= cold so i generally have a jcket with pockets to spare.

2) If chased, always, always drop a handful of change, they will always stop to pick it up.

But mostly that stuff never seems to happen to me- though i got knifed, they went for my face but i threw up my arm in defence, got a 4-inch scar just above my wrist, some racist bastards (mother is from singapore etc.)
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 00:54   #14
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

This is why people should be allowed to carry guns, 2 9mm hollow point rounds in the middle of his back and he wouldn't be stealing from anyone ever again, you would still have your phone and the worst that society would lose is a bit of gutter scum that if we are honest, none of us really care wether it lives or dies so long as it doesnt disturb us in the process.
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 01:04   #15
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

If I'm not using my phone, it's in one of my trouser pockets, which are concealed by a long coat, and if I am using it they can see that it's old and useless and not worth stealing.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 01:18   #16
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_spammer
This is why people should be allowed to carry guns, 2 9mm hollow point rounds in the middle of his back and he wouldn't be stealing from anyone ever again, you would still have your phone and the worst that society would lose is a bit of gutter scum that if we are honest, none of us really care wether it lives or dies so long as it doesnt disturb us in the process.

jesus, you put 2 hollowpoints in someones back it wont leave them much of a body left
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 02:05   #17
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Ninja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud ofNinja_spammer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
jesus, you put 2 hollowpoints in someones back it wont leave them much of a body left

Probably just enough to hang the tattered remains from London bridge as an example to others.

Plus iirc hollowpoints are not likely to over penetrate and hurt a bystander.
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 11:00   #18
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

Quote:
So in places were they are allowed to carry guns they are free of crime?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Ärketrollmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 16:16   #19
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

I dont believe that I claimed anything of the sort.

The pikey bastard would be dead though and that is what I care about, law and order are for those unwilling to defend themselves and require others to do so for them.
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 16:26   #20
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ärketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really niceÄrketrollmannen is just really nice

What if you missed and shot a innocent bystander, would it be acceptable if his friend shot back?
Godwin's Law prov. [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 16:38   #21
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

I wouldn't fire a gun if I thought there was a significant risk to bystanders but I would accept the consequences if I hit someone else.

At least you didnt try and make me feel guilty for shooting the criminal :-)
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 16:40   #22
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Ofcourse i didn't. I think it is ****ed up to shoot someone because he stole your mobile but thats just my morals. They are always subjective.

I just mean that it might not be the smartest thing to start firing of rounds like that.
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 17:22   #23
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
i hear ya, hair slicked back so aggressively, i walk like andy garcia with my left hand just lightly touching the left side of my belt, like constantly feeling a 9mm, and on my right hand is a marlboro, i smoke that, and flick it at random people's face and mutter to them a ".. you ****ing ****.. dont even think about it, stupid..."

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2005, 17:53   #24
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ärketrollmannen
Ofcourse i didn't. I think it is ****ed up to shoot someone because he stole your mobile but thats just my morals. They are always subjective.

I just mean that it might not be the smartest thing to start firing of rounds like that.
As soon as you base your life on breaching the rights of others I feel that you lose the safety of your own rights, I dont deny that shooting him in the back is....of a dubious morality but it would be highly effective in stopping mobile phone thefts if they all got shot

I dont think it would be smart to do that either but it would be highly satisfying, which was the main thrust of my post
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 03:56   #25
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Every day I look at the world from my window
But chilly, chilly is the evening time
Waterloo sunset’s fine
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 04:16   #26
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I dont think it would be smart to do that either but it would be highly satisfying, which was the main thrust of my post
It'd be highly satisfying to rape Lindsay Lohan but I don't see you out doing that.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 11:27   #27
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

Quote:
As soon as you base your life on breaching the rights of others I feel that you lose the safety of your own rights, I dont deny that shooting him in the back is....of a dubious morality but it would be highly effective in stopping mobile phone thefts if they all got shot

The problem is that whatever amount of violence you pour into crimestopping will sooner or later kick back at you. The next guy will just shoot you.

Compare it to the alcoholsmugglers of the United states during the 30's, and the smugglers we see now.

At least the current ones give up. They don't draw Thompsons and start firing
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 12:47   #28
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I was about to say the same, start pulling knives & guns of theives and they'll just start doing the same.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 12:54   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
I was about to say the same, start pulling knives & guns of theives and they'll just start doing the same.
In most proper robberies people already pull knives anyway. Guns are rarer in street robbeies here (although not unhead - I know of a couple of people in London who have had guns pulled on them, but they may well have been replicas). I doubt most pick-pockets would want the hassle of violent crime.

I think the issue is that as Nod has pointed out in another thread, most people follow some kind of cost-benefit analysis in most of their actions. It's quite possible that if, to mug someone, you had to pull a gun that less people would bother since
a) Pulling a gun is pretty dangerous, even for you.
b) Pulling / using a gun is going to mean a very hefty prison sentence if you're caught.
c) Guns cost quite a lot and you may as well try and go for some more lucrative targets.

No doubt the situations that did occur would be a lot more violent (if every second maniac was carrying a gun) but you might find the total number of robberies would decrease.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 13:18   #30
Ärketrollmannen
Ajaj Kapten!

That is a possibility, tough i believe the number of homocides would increase drastically.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 14:40   #31
Ninja_spammer
Freedom Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
It'd be highly satisfying to rape Lindsay Lohan but I don't see you out doing that.

I don't know who that is so I can't comment.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 15:22   #32
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I don't know who that is so I can't comment.
Lindsey Lohan

I got that off google in 5 seconds. Not exactly hard.
Unread 30 Jan 2005, 16:03   #33
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
In most proper robberies people already pull knives anyway. Guns are rarer in street robbeies here (although not unhead - I know of a couple of people in London who have had guns pulled on them, but they may well have been replicas). I doubt most pick-pockets would want the hassle of violent crime.

I think the issue is that as Nod has pointed out in another thread, most people follow some kind of cost-benefit analysis in most of their actions. It's quite possible that if, to mug someone, you had to pull a gun that less people would bother since
a) Pulling a gun is pretty dangerous, even for you.
b) Pulling / using a gun is going to mean a very hefty prison sentence if you're caught.
c) Guns cost quite a lot and you may as well try and go for some more lucrative targets.

No doubt the situations that did occur would be a lot more violent (if every second maniac was carrying a gun) but you might find the total number of robberies would decrease.
I thought about this too, but only I saw the other side of the coin.

In most cases cash is the incentive for the robbery, either directly from what the victom may have in their wallet or from what they might be able to hawk the items for later.

For this reason you want to make the robbery worth while, no point going through all that to end up with nothing of value.

As a theif you may be more willing to go after the easy but less lucrative targets if you are unarmed. It's a simple snatch & grab with little confrontation and can be done repeatedly to increase the potential for earnings.

If you are armed you face a significantly different set of risks. Getting caught for armed robbery is nothing like just plain robbery, not only that the victom or any potential witnesses are more likely to report the situation and the police are going to put more effort into nabbing you because someone wandering around with a weapon in hand poses much more threat to society than just someone snatching things.

So, the theif now has to take this into consideration and he'll choose his targets more wisely, it takes random purse snatching and pick-pocketing out of the equation. It puts him more into a role that's going to involve some sort of confrontation, he doesn't know if the person he's going to be confronting will resist or not. Small scores are not going to be worth it any more so he chooses rich people, or people that look like they carry things of value. People who carry things of value don't afford these things because they are stupid, rather they are educated enough to be in a job where they can buy these items of value. Educated people are more likely to resist, and indeed more likely to be armed also. The thief knows this and realises he's going to need to be either violent or very convincing with a weapon if he wishes to suceed.

What does all this mean at the end of the day? Well on the benifits side you get less rooks trying to make easy scores their life just isn't worth it. On the negative side those that do will most likely end up in violence.

Sorry for the rant, it's late here and I've just been typing this as it spews out of my head, haven't really had time to turn it into a more polished post.
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 23:42   #34
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what the ****? i have just been neg repped for my post in this thread??? 5 months ago??? what the ****???
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 23:49   #35
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i too have had neg rep for a post from months ago, namely this post (repped 5 June, posted 27 Feb). I request a mod to name and shame the cock who is neg repping for no reason, posts from yester year
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 23:50   #36
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

Im in London most of the time and have never been mugged. You lot must look like easy targets!
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 00:11   #37
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

my advice: don't get mugged.
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 00:30   #38
Madina
TashTastic

Madina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriendMadina needs a job and a girlfriend

my advice: dont wear pink shirts (even if it is for hockey!)
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 01:05   #39
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

London is the best city in the world.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 01:07   #40
Madina
TashTastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
London is the best city in the world.
I see London as more of a metropolis. I seriously dont understand how anyone could get mugged by someone saying 'Bruv i will ****ing slash you if you dont give me X, Y and Z'. Have some balls for christs sake!
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 01:27   #41
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I see London as more of a metropolis.
Please explain how in any way this makes it not a city?

Or, for that matter, given that London is the capital, how it could even be a matter for debate?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 01:28   #42
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i lived in london for 18 years, never got into a fight outside of school

lived in manchester 2, got in 2 fights....

hmmmmm
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 09:44   #43
roadrunner_0
cynic

i never got into a single fight in manchester, although i did see a couple of beauties
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 12:40   #44
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I think Reading is probably one of the worst places in the south.

Whilst as school people tried to mug me more times than I care to count.

Everytime I am out at night I see at least one fight.

Everytime I stand in the station someone will ask me for money, in the context of "I am 50p short of my train fare...". This I really don't understand, it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else I go.

Everytime I walk from the station to my bus stop I walk past tramps who also ask me for money. They also ask me for money everytime I go out in the evening.

London is nice and fluffy in comparison. NICE AND FLUFFY.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 12:48   #45
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My visits to Waterloo are littered with people asking me for change.
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 12:51   #46
roadrunner_0
cynic

best beggar EVER was the guy who asked me for money and when (i cant remember why i said this) i told him i only have a fiver, he said he would give me change! cheeky ****er
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 13:23   #47
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ive often thought about how cool it owuld be to go out armed to the teeth and just wait until pounced upon.

then spray the ****er in the eyes with mace and break his arms with a steel baton
AHAHAHAHAH
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 13:26   #48
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
best beggar EVER was the guy who asked me for money and when (i cant remember why i said this) i told him i only have a fiver, he said he would give me change! cheeky ****er
Irish guy in London who asked me for money. I gave him about thirty pence in change as it's literally all I had other than notes. He said it wasn't enough, turned to Deepflow with the outstanding line of "here, your mate owes me some money, lend him some."

I love the Irish.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 13:28   #49
roadrunner_0
cynic

thats actually pretty damn impressive
Unread 15 Jun 2005, 13:32   #50
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
Everytime I stand in the station someone will ask me for money, in the context of "I am 50p short of my train fare...". This I really don't understand, it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else I go.
heh, that happens to me whenever I go to Reading train station too.