User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:27   #1
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
Round 9, Stagnation and a possible solution.

As most of the Universe is aware, we're at a rather bad political state currently. We have two powerblocks controlling most of the universe and stealing every roid they can get their hands on. Even the less professional players must have heard of Weet and WolfPack and Eclipse etc.

Now, most people, in these blocks and out, want a solution to the problem. The people in the blocks want better targets and more fun, the people being hit every night want to be able to grow big again. People want to exile into organised gals and do well. But, as we know, this is prooving very difficult.

We do have one possible solution at the moment:
- We set an end date for round 9, say a couple or few weeks time.
- We then take the official round 9 winners and rankings.
- Then we shuffle the entire universe, splitting up gals. Basically, make the Universe totally random.
- We reset everyones planets and start round 9.5; A random round 9.

Now, I wont discuss the for and against arguments in this post. Thats for you to do, in this thread. I officially declare this open to public opinion. Please use the portal poll system to cast your vote (And please dont cheat to get multiple votes, lets be respectible) on http://portal.planetarion.com/

Kloopy

EDITs:

1) No, you wouldn't have to pay again if this plan went ahead
2) Yes, I think we could allow planet and ruler name changes for a couple of days before round 9.5 started.
3) Yes, we can look into allowing everyone to start with a certain number of roids or constructions/researches instead of the normal start we're used to.
4) Yes, we could add race change back in for a few days too.
5) Yes, I think we -could- increase the size of gals for round 9.5, if it happens.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:34   #2
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:35   #3
Terminator2003

Terminator2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 9, Stagnation and a possible solution.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
As most of the Universe is aware, we're at a rather bad political state currently. We have two powerblocks controlling most of the universe and stealing every roid they can get their hands on. Even the less professional players must have heard of Weet and WolfPack and Eclipse etc.

Now, most people, in these blocks and out, want a solution to the problem. The people in the blocks want better targets and more fun, the people being hit every night want to be able to grow big again. People want to exile into organised gals and do well. But, as we know, this is prooving very difficult.

We do have one possible solution at the moment:
- We set an end date for round 9, say a couple or few weeks time.
- We then take the official round 9 winners and rankings.
- Then we shuffle the entire universe, splitting up gals. Basically, make the Universe totally random.
- We reset everyones planets and start round 9.5; A random round 9.

Now, I wont discuss the for and against arguments in this post. Thats for you to do, in this thread. I officially declare this open to public opinion. Please use the portal poll system to cast your vote (And please dont cheat to get multiple votes, lets be respectible) on http://portal.planetarion.com/

Kloopy
Yes, I like the idea.

Give weet some time to 'do what they intend' to do, so they don't feel scr*wed over ofcourse. But, like the idea. Random rounds rock!
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:35   #4
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
one small snag i can think of with this idea... if everyone keeps the same name, it'll be easy to use Tools to find out the new co-ords for bashing (granted we'll be more spread out thou). Other than that, i think ppl will be for the idea.

Lets just hope no-one fks up again with the powerblocks... yes u, HCs!

<Mendosa> mit is a cute cudlly toy that will be in the shops by christmas
<mig-work> ur now my eternal fav pa god
<Squiz> i name thee, Sir Mit
<Zeus> u my friend are a true gamer I knew u were
Mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:38   #5
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
we could allow renaming again I supose that would fix that problem mit.
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:39   #6
Wise Guy

2124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mit
one small snag i can think of with this idea... if everyone keeps the same name, it'll be easy to use Tools to find out the new co-ords for bashing (granted we'll be more spread out thou). Other than that, i think ppl will be for the idea.

Lets just hope no-one fks up again with the powerblocks... yes u, HCs!
Easy - enable changing of planet&rulername again

All for this, btw. had enough by now :\

Quote:
The moment I paid for Planetarion, i came under the assumption that I would have an enjoyable time.
glacier
2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:43   #7
Mit
Let battle commence

Mit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the roughMit is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Prince
we could allow renaming again I supose that would fix that problem mit.
ok, but make sure Fudge fixes the bit to do with CaSe in the names this time, and silly things like \t etc that bugger up the tools!

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:43   #8
LordBlackheart2000

LordBlackheart2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
well that sucks I aint part of Weet, and i've worked my ass off to get to top 250, Well if you reset i can't be arsed to go through all the R&C again and the early stages of the round that i had very little sleep, which tbh i dont have the time to do any more.

So basically if you do reset I wont be back playing r9.5

Cupelix
LordBlackheart2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:43   #9
Howling

Howling is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah good idea but instead of starting an entirely new round.. why not set all scores and roid levels the same after shuffle. and dispense with the 3 week res/const phase of the game. It takes too bloody long to start the round.

Give us all 21 roids and leave us with the res/consts done.

cheers
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:43   #10
Red_Guy
King Nothing

Red_Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL

i finally have millies ;/, but heh, maybe i'd play for real so go
r1 (1st half): 1:17:5 - Reaper of Markian (IPC) | r1 (2nd half): 5:11:7 - Brennan of Pak (b0rk)
r2: 24:23:9 - Red Guy of High Knee (TFD) | r3: 34:13:5 - Red Guy of High Knee (TFD)
r4: 130:12:11 - Brennan of Pak (TFD) | r5: 15:24:4 - Captain Trips of Project Blue (TFD)
r6: 9:6:13 - H'minee of The Caretakers (TFD & Pepsi) | r7: 13:21:14 - The Key of My House
Round 8: random scanner (Titans) | Round 9: see r8 (Oly)
Round 9.5: 39:10:8 - Scum of The Planet (Oly/LDK)
Red_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:45   #11
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
do it ;-)

you'll make everyone happy
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:45   #12
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Round 9, Stagnation and a possible solution.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
As most of the Universe is aware, we're at a rather bad political state currently. We have two powerblocks controlling most of the universe
What is the 2nd?

But the idea r0x0r, IF u make it possible to change planet name secretly, so no1 can know who you where in Round 9.0
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:46   #13
Slinky
SPESHAL

Slinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't make it all random, allow private galaxies, see what the alliances do, basically give them an ultimatum, unless they play responsibly without blocking, round 10 will be random That should show em
Round 4 - UiS member, The Return member, Elysium member
Round 5 - Didn't play
Round 6 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 7 - UiS member, IPC BC / Cv HC
Round 8 - GC | IPC BC
Round 9 - GC | Eden Group Planetarion Leader
Round 9.5 - MOW | Rock member
Round * Quit
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:48   #14
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
do it ;-)

you'll make everyone happy

Yes!!! Plz do that!!

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:48   #15
Twiglet
It is Pie.

Twiglet is an unknown quantity at this point
Kloopy m8, I like it.
Except one suggestion.
Can we please have larger gals?
10 players to one gal is simply not enough imo, perhaps up it to 15?
Oh yea and start the entire thing from the start, 3 roids, no con/res
This should give people a good chance to put their mistakes right.
You have my vote
Twiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:48   #16
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, the question is would it work? Vommv is mostly intact. WEET can get back together, perhaps even with NaR, to try to stop VOMMV from taking revenge. This round we see powerblocks falling apart. Simply said: people realize their powerblocks don't lead to a fun round. Personally I want to see how this evolves.

I expect 98% of the PA players to want a reset though. So a reset seems like the only option. Too bad we will not know what could have been.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:48   #17
Glimer

Glimer is an unknown quantity at this point
kloopy..

do u think its usefull putting tis poll up cuz all small planets just wanna restart ... ofc more ppl will vote yes for ur idea then not... and i dunno about u ? but after r8 maybe OH maybe u should actually finish a round as u planned it on teh beginning and make sure that ppl get wut they paid for.when ppl paid in beginning for tis round they didn't pay for a random round they payed for a private round.if you do this its just another mistake in pa history oh well ... why would i care right just pointing it out.

thank you very much.

Regards Glimmer,

OwNaGe!

btw,stupid name of mine but Glimmer was taken! so i had to change something!bah!
Glimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:48   #18
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
A good idea:-)

Reset as soon as possible

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:49   #19
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
YES YES YES WTG P.A CREW!!!

I would love to have it all reset into a random uni.

BUT

Can we be able to change races and.

Can we start after protection or summat, con\res for 72ticks is teh suck :P
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:49   #20
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes. But the alliances would have to agree to unally for it. And they wouldn't, imo.

So we'd just end up with another 3 weeks of game play then either WEET screaming that they've won 2 rounds, or someone else, say VVOMM, claiming that they won better than WEET won and so are better.

The best of course would be every alliance going solo, but WP and Ely simply won't. So that's a no go.

(I'm totally for the idea, just trying to be pessimistic, so everyone knows what to expect)
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:50   #21
Hathor
Goddess

Hathor is an unknown quantity at this point
Not interested one little bit. Hate random gals. I play to be with my friends.
I am not interested in starting fronm scratch either.
I don't know what the answer is but this one isn't to my liking that's for sure
Hathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:50   #22
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: kloopy..

Quote:
Originally posted by Glimer
do u think its usefull putting tis poll up cuz all small planets just wanna restart ... ofc more ppl will vote yes for ur idea then not... and i dunno about u ? but after r8 maybe OH maybe u should actually finish a round as u planned it on teh beginning and make sure that ppl get wut they paid for.when ppl paid in beginning for tis round they didn't pay for a random round they payed for a private round.if you do this its just another mistake in pa history oh well ... why would i care right just pointing it out.

thank you very much.

Regards Glimmer,
So, let me get this straight. You'd rather we have stagnation for months before round 10 instead of this idea?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:51   #23
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
I think (we haven't discussed it fully yet) that Eclipse would support going solo for a 'r9b' - especially with random planets.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:51   #24
Toop
Banned

Toop is an unknown quantity at this point
w00t!

yes! yes! oh god yes!

Can we have race change back as well?
Toop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:51   #25
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough
I dont like it.

It also wont change the stagnation because it would take only a few days to find out who is in which block.

Then the hitting would start again.

Let the round develop itself, things will be changing.

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:51   #26
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
I think (we haven't discussed it fully yet) that Eclipse would support going solo for a 'r9b' - especially with random planets.
So would Titans.

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:51   #27
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Provides a nice easy, get out of jail free card for the Weet HCs who care only about AD reputation. ie, they now no longer have to find a way to turn on each other and can avoid being called backstabbers. As much as some people will want this, I find this as rewarding to the people doing the stagnating as those at the victim level.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:53   #28
masterjw
Commander

masterjw is an unknown quantity at this point
/me faps on kloopy :e_chick:
masterjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:53   #29
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
if my alliance will block in any way i'll quit them quite simple... and i'll find something else...

i sure as hell hope ALL alliance will actually think about the game for once and don't ally others... and that includes alliances like wp/ely who have been together since ages... no reason whatsoever to ally anyone.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:53   #30
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
The best of course would be every alliance going solo, but WP and Ely simply won't. So that's a no go.
dunno about ely and pack staying together, you should be more concerned about eclipse and ely.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:54   #31
Glimer

Glimer is an unknown quantity at this point
scouse

its just a matter of time till war breaks d00d ... its been that in every round .... and tbh it will be in every round ;p u can't make the game more fun then it is.restarting wont do good. u know what would be good ? if u got more then 4k player in a game as this

but well,the money thing killed that great fun

OwNaGe!

btw,stupid name of mine but Glimmer was taken! so i had to change something!bah!
Glimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:54   #32
dsd
Zero

dsd is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds good to me.
full reset might be a bit mind-numbing- i quite like the idea of keeping res/con.

people will probably disagree with me here, i think a reset of score would be good to.
i also like the idea of setting everyone to a set number of roids.
this kinda ties in with the score-reset: if everyone was reset to a fixed number of roids but their fleet/score stayed the same, the people with the lower scores would get absolutely hammered initially.

in any case, with regard to the name change:
we should be able to CHOOSE a new name on the preferences screen, but this name change doesnt happen just yet.
then when the shuffle happens, not only are galaxies shuffled, but the planet names are changed too before the game goes back online.
would prevent any form of alliance-sniffing from searching of names (excluding the people who dont change..)
dsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:55   #33
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold
no

maybe after the new war..

def. not before :\
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
PureviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:58   #34
Mit
Let battle commence

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
if my alliance will block in any way i'll quit them quite simple... and i'll find something else...

i sure as hell hope ALL alliance will actually think about the game for once and don't ally others... and that includes alliances like wp/ely who have been together since ages... no reason whatsoever to ally anyone.
but, one of the main reasons powerblocking exists is to try and guarentee a win... so its not just gonna disappear, unfortunately.

Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:59   #35
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Howling

Give us all 21 roids and leave us with the res/consts done.

I like
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:59   #36
Goatie2k1
Xanadu

Goatie2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Give round 9.5 half hour ticks and I'm there!!
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 14:59   #37
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
would make it more fun, because now its boring!!

i vote YEES
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:00   #38
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by LordBlackheart2000
well that sucks I aint part of Weet, and i've worked my ass off to get to top 250, Well if you reset i can't be arsed to go through all the R&C again and the early stages of the round that i had very little sleep, which tbh i dont have the time to do any more.

So basically if you do reset I wont be back playing r9.5

Cupelix
--
at least you're in a protected galaxy, i didn't even get that and i don't want this... otherwise, agreed.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:00   #39
Petru
mefs

Petru is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
So would we as far as I know, I'm pretty sure of it. We loved r8, heh, none of that political ****e to worry about.

But as Scouse stated, you just KNOW one of the lesser alliances, ie Wolfpack/Ely, or probably FaNG again would pair up/block up someone.

Username: HobbieRogue4
Password: ****petru

I was 'angry' a lot back then. :/
Petru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:00   #40
r72dk

r72dk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Petru
Provides a nice easy, get out of jail free card for the Weet HCs who care only about AD reputation. ie, they now no longer have to find a way to turn on each other and can avoid being called backstabbers. As much as some people will want this, I find this as rewarding to the people doing the stagnating as those at the victim level.
Agreed and ..... isnt it a bit "low" when the creators themselves have to interfere with the game itself Directly ??

I mean, doesnt it unveil that THERE ARE other problems in the game itself than this stagnation effect ?

Perhaps some ppl shuold take a long break and give it a thought.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:01   #41
cypher
U've been Moderated

i think you should make everything start from scratch tho... else you give certain races such an advantage... the only way to really play a xan planet is the advantage at the start... you can't take that away from them (p.s. i'm zik but don't want such advantages)

and if kloopy let's it continue for several weeks the current hc's would still have to make changes for this round... unless well heh

i'd prefer it to be resetted within a week now or something..
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:01   #42
Ston3D
Murderous Plush

Ston3D is an unknown quantity at this point
YEEEEEEEES

r4: 165:18 - IMMO
r5: 19:2
r6: 34:3 - Titans
r7: 29:15:7 - Titans
r8: 8:4:1(?) - Titans / Plush
r9: 26:6:4 - Olympians
r10 38:6:5 - Olympians
Ston3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:04   #43
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
yes reset

but talk to the block/alliance HC's too.
As someone pointed out "we paid for a priv. gal round" and at least give the alliances the chance to sort out the bad political moves of this round, maybe priv. gals but pure alliance gals.
Ofc this is dependent on alliance HC's doing the "fair" thing.
I would be prepared to try to enforce that.

And yes, name change is a must.

I more thing, pls don't start at 3 roids 0 res/con. its so boring.
start at least with more roids and some rc done (use quests to decide where). so we can get back to fighting quicker.

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:06   #44
Ariados
natural born pe0n

Ariados is an unknown quantity at this point
The idea is absolutely brilliant Kloopy
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:06   #45
Sad
TeamPies

Sad will become famous soon enoughSad will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Yes. But the alliances would have to agree to unally for it. And they wouldn't, imo.

So we'd just end up with another 3 weeks of game play then either WEET screaming that they've won 2 rounds, or someone else, say VVOMM, claiming that they won better than WEET won and so are better.

(I'm totally for the idea, just trying to be pessimistic, so everyone knows what to expect)

Mark this post for "I said so" after we finish r9b if there is one

Quote:
Originally posted by Glimer

thank you very much.

Regards Glimmer,
80% of Paying people are up for the reset/random gals thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie

I support u in going solo.
Wp ely arent as they were now Ely took Eclipse over Pack.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hathor
Not interested one little bit. Hate random gals. I play to be with my friends.
I am not interested in starting fronm scratch either.
I don't know what the answer is but this one isn't to my liking that's for sure
Expected Reply.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:07   #46
MadeMan
180º

MadeMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by waassaa
yes reset

but talk to the block/alliance HC's too.
As someone pointed out "we paid for a priv. gal round" and at least give the alliances the chance to sort out the bad political moves of this round, maybe priv. gals but pure alliance gals.
Ofc this is dependent on alliance HC's doing the "fair" thing.
I would be prepared to try to enforce that.

And yes, name change is a must.

I more thing, pls don't start at 3 roids 0 res/con. its so boring.
start at least with more roids and some rc done (use quests to decide where). so we can get back to fighting quicker.
dont follow the quests, as i dont want pds before speed and ships
MadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:07   #47
lrytas
[LDK] Head

lrytas is an unknown quantity at this point
GOOD GOOD
Tired covering 2 waves a day, want people to cover mine now
________
Marijuana vaporizer

Last edited by lrytas; 26 Feb 2011 at 19:26.
lrytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:08   #48
Faberius
Olrik's Lil' Bro

Faberius is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, to any change.
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:09   #49
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
just do anything!

i would like to see eclipse bashed 1st, but a complete shuffle is nice too.
just take current planets and put them randomly together with others.
but u have to take care that the name changings happens exatly at the same time like the shuffle. else the name changings can be tracked very easily
Unread 13 Apr 2003, 15:09   #50
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
reset is fine with me.....

this round is ****e, the powerblocking made it ****e......

alliances this is your chance to prove u can go it alone or with 1 decent ally.....

as for me personally.. random round, i would like to change race.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote