User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2003, 17:56   #1
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Round 9.5 FAQ

Will it happen?

Currently the answer is no it won’t. There has been significant changes happen in the powerblock structures to reduce the immediate need for such action.

However Prince has not ruled it out completely and it may yet happen.

How will we know if it does happen?
If it is decided that running a Round 9.5 is necessary, you will be informed of this fact before hand (The talk was of a two week warning)

You DO NOT need to keep asking here if its going ahead, if its going ahead then it will be announced on the overview, the portal and in the topic of #planetarion.

Asking or demanding for 9.5 to be implemented or moaning about how the round is dead and needs 9.5 to give it some life back WILL NOT make it happen any quicker. All such threads achieve is to annoy HQ, us mods and the rest of users who are forced to read numerous threads on the same subject

But there was such a large amount of support for it?

Yes the poll results did indicate that a round 9.5 would be an extremely popular move. However there was a significant number of players against the idea most of whom gave some very good reasons why such a move would be a mistake while the Fors generally gave the reason "I’ve been bashed and my rounds ruined so 9.5 would be good".

With a number of problems highlighted about 9.5 and the Powerblocks positive responce to the problem, this idea was decided to not be the appropriate action at this time.

However as previously stated it is still on the table as a solution as the situation continues to change

Why has by thread on Round 9.5 been closed?

I have closed all the threads on the subject. The number of threads on this is just making the board messy and resulting in the same thing being said over and over again.

You may continue discussion on Kloopy's original thread which can be found here BUT please try and read all the thread first to ensure you don’t ask/say something that has been covered already.
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 20:31   #2
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Re: Round 9.5 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
There has been significant changes happen in the powerblock structures to reduce the immediate need for such action.
lol
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 21:42   #3
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
lol

just came on to make a thread about it myself...

I just want to ask the creators to decide upon it now. I cba start attacking and playing actively again if it will happen, as I wont have the time to grow. However if the creators decide not to go through on it, I will play the rest of the round more active etc.

So plz, WHEN you decide, let us know, and decide fast

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2003, 22:02   #4
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
eclipse and tot won, shall we sit around and stroke one anothers scroutums till r10, or have a fun random round?

/me opens his legs.

-Necro
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 02:16   #5
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
This only indicates that Prince has no clue what is going on, he only sees the stats played but it really does not matter, those top 250 players make about 95% of the game.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 02:59   #6
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Teh_Necro
eclipse and tot won, shall we sit around and stroke one anothers scroutums till r10, or have a fun random round?

/me opens his legs.

-Necro
Why not ask your galaxy mate Killmark to unleash his bot planets?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 09:45   #7
-CP-
SHW

-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough-CP- is a jewel in the rough
Unfortunately the round was ruined early on for many players with ambition because of the powerblocks.. I bet many vvomm, nar, and no also we players would like to have r9.5. I would rather have the round over asap..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

SHW, ReBorn, Wolfpack, NoS, Eclipse, Ascendancy
-CP- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 16:40   #8
Kyoto
Lieutenant-Colonel

Kyoto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Will it happen?

Currently the answer is no it won’t. There has been significant changes happen in the powerblock structures to reduce the immediate need for such action.
That has to be the most retarded thing I've seen posted on this forum for a long long time.

I see Prince is fitting into his role as a Creator very well indeed.

Quote:
But there was such a large amount of support for it?

Yes the poll results did indicate that a round 9.5 would be an extremely popular move. However there was a significant number of players against the idea most of whom gave some very good reasons why such a move would be a mistake while the Fors generally gave the reason "I’ve been bashed and my rounds ruined so 9.5 would be good".
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thats almost as retarded as Dingo thinking WP would never attack nos.

Lets face it, pacrew are mainly in winning gals, and they are the people that the creators talk to as they are the only people who have their heads near to where Creators heads are...i.e. lost somewhere up their own arses.

Quote:
Why has by thread on Round 9.5 been closed?

I have closed all the threads on the subject. The number of threads on this is just making the board messy and resulting in the same thing being said over and over again
Translation = We are not listening to you as we couldnt give a monkies if you play in r10 or you dont. PaCrew will still be needed so we are only listening to them.

Last edited by Kyoto; 29 Apr 2003 at 16:47.
Kyoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 19:40   #9
Baco
-= Plush Puppet =-

Baco is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at top 10 fs!!
Aint that enough reason to make it happen?

r4 - 133:25:?? PTA
r5 - 35:7:?? MI/ViruS/NoS/PTA
r6 - 21:7:4 NoS/PTA
r7 - 21:4:12 NoS/PTA
r8 - 25:5:9 NoS / Titans & Plush / PTA
r9 - 24:2:7 Olympians / PTA
WC4 - 1:6:4 winner gal
r9.5 - 42:7:8 & 11:2:25 & 19:2:16 Olympians / PTA / Plush
r10 - XX:YY:ZZ RaH!
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 20:00   #10
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Round 9.5 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyoto

Lets face it, pacrew are mainly in winning gals

That's the funniest thing I've read on these boards in some time. You obviously don't know much about the playing abilities (or rather lack thereof) of PA-Team members in general.

Needless to say, most are not in "winning" galaxies.

Quote:
PaCrew will still be needed so we are only listening to them.

Lackeys come a dime a dozen around here...I wouldn't put so much stock in their poll with the Creators, or the amount of attention the Creators give them in such matters.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 20:45   #11
Kyoto
Lieutenant-Colonel

Kyoto is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Round 9.5 FAQ

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
That's the funniest thing I've read on these boards in some time. You obviously don't know much about the playing abilities (or rather lack thereof) of PA-Team members in general.

Needless to say, most are not in "winning" galaxies.

Lackeys come a dime a dozen around here...I wouldn't put so much stock in their poll with the Creators, or the amount of attention the Creators give them in such matters.
I didnt say they were good, but point taken.
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 20:48   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Will it happen?

It's funny - before these changes, the creators were saying that r9.5 would only be possible if the main powerblock split, fought each other, and found a winner. However, now that this is close to happening, the creators have backtracked
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 21:01   #13
InTGuRu
I love Kwon Boa

InTGuRu is an unknown quantity at this point
cheapos

[19:36:04] <Vaporizer> he is re-assuring isn't he...you can always think 'at least you're not intguru'

[15:02:56] <Newt|revising> ive got u in my siggy InTGuRu!!!!!!!
[15:03:00] <Newt|revising> u shud return the favour
InTGuRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 21:10   #14
Ice
Angel

Ice is an unknown quantity at this point
Please forgive my poor intel, i was under the assumption round 9.5 was to attract new players, which would help revive this dying (but great) community.

if the above is true, how will you attract new players?
(Illegal) as that sorta caused it
(Illegal) so he was running to the bathroom with cum dripping from his face
(Illegal) yer
(Illegal) poor sod
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2003, 21:24   #15
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Ice
Please forgive my poor intel, i was under the assumption round 9.5 was to attract new players, which would help revive this dying (but great) community.

if the above is true, how will you attract new players?
intel n00b

round 9.5 should give pa team more time for round 10
or do u think they can start it in less than 2 months?
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 02:37   #16
Domin
500k posts

Domin is an unknown quantity at this point
well open 1-2k free acounts and let new players in. of course it will be abused by multies but wtf if we can 400 new players into the game it would be a jump.

I can't see how it harm people as it won't count to much and people that don't want to play it why don't you just chill for round 10?

+ This will be a great time for the new alliances to test were they have weakpoints for round 10 as im assuming round 10 will be random.

Necro said in another tread that the best argument is that there are no real good arguments against it

Let's hope it will happen with atleast a few free acounts

round 2: 54:24:17 FA
round 3: 45:17:20 nos
round 4: 64:18:10 nos
round 5: 32:6:6 nos
round 6: 11:11:7 nos
round 7: 29:23:3 nos
round 8: 22:7:1 nos plush
round 9: 6:6:8 oly
round 13: Dont have roids so dont bother asking
Domin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2003, 08:24   #17
daku
The one you love to hate!

daku is on a distinguished road
it would be cool to let some new players to the game ... but will they be able to fit in this game?
i mean ... would you play a game in with u don't have a good alliance or u're on ur own and getting hostiles almost everyday?
i think in pa is kinda hard for the new players to fit in

well if r 9.5 will happen i will wait for it
Curent member of: Real Life